1995 XJS

1995 Jaguar XJS

1995 Jaguar XJS

Have You Driven the 1995 Jaguar XJS?

my 95 wasthe most trouble free jag I've ever owned

by sports car lover from michigan on Thu Feb 08 2007

When ford got around to reworking the XJS in 1995 they did a great job of eliminating all the previous problems. I owned earlier year XJS and they were maintenance nightmares. I really enjoyed the great ride and all the attention the car got everywhere I went. I especially enjoyed the reliability and lack of maintenance costs that I'd had in the past.

If you wanna be happy

by Jag Daddy from Los Angeles, California on Tue May 24 2011

Nothing on the road looks better than the XJS in my opinion. I love the lines of this car. There's plenty of pep in this simple in-line six. 237 horsepower gets the job done nicely but it's definitely not a muscle car. Acceleration and handling on the freeway or through the canyons is agile and quick. No over heating issues when stuck in city traffic. No electrical issues like the older than this jags had. The '95-96 model of this car is a workhorse. This kitty purrs smoothly going 35 or 85. Happy to say I'm getting very good gas mileage. It's so comfortable. No drivers fatigue when cruising in this cat. The XJS has gorgeous lines and a wonderful "spirit" that means a lot to me. It did take a few hours to get used to the gas and brake pedals being a bit closer to each other than I was used to initially, but that was a quick adjustment. The top has been problem free. It smoothly goes up and down with a push of a button and it's quiet and rattle free with the top up. The rear glass window with defroster makes you forget about it being a convertible at times. No real visibility problems, which I noticed in the newer XK8. (I like the lines of the XJS much better anyway). Great factory sound system! AC blows icy cold. You don't see very many of these on the road and that's fine with me. I've owned five jags, so I get the fact that they're not going to be as simple or inexpensive to maintain as say a honda, but considering the style, weight and ride... they're worth it. I've replaced a few window switches and a brake sensor. That's it. Getting parts might be tricky down the road, though... Still, there's not a lot of complicated unnecessary bells and whistles to go wrong with on this model, but it's always a good idea to know a reputable and experienced jaguar mechanic before buying any model jag if you're not one yourself. Although it's not my only car, I haven't wanted or needed to drive anything else since buying this sixteen year old classic. Decent sized trunk, but of course, the backseat is, like a porsche's, a joke for anything much more than a couple bags of groceries and a coat and cap. You would not want to sit in the back. I can't believe how little it cost to buy this beautiful, solid, classic ride that was over sixty grand brand new. Worth every penny. I sometimes hate to close the garage door and stop seeing it. This car makes me happy.

A Vehicle to Love~

by Jag Lover from Burlington VT on Tue Aug 14 2007

A real head turner. I can never drive down a street without having eyes on me (actually it's the car). Reliable, comfortable, low maintenance, real classic beauty.

Great looking Classic lines!

by Track from Port Orange, Florida on Tue Jun 18 2013

Great car! Reliable with only regular service required....parts (brakes, oil filter, light bulbs) are surprisingly cheap at Advance Auto or NAPA. Every-time I drive the vehicle it gets compliments....Always!

Luv my '95 XJS

by Jaguar Enthusiast from Boise, Idaho on Mon Oct 20 2014

Jaguar and reliable are two words not often heard together . Well I am happy to report that when talking about the 1995 XJS, reliable is one of many of this up and coming collectibles attributes. I have owned my 1995 XJS for 4 years now and it just keeps exceeding my expectations and man what a sexy car. I cannot go anywhere without having people tell me what a great looking car it is. The interior is a mix of old British charm and beautiful wood and leather. The revised round gauges are easy to read and work flawlessly. The 4.0L AJ16 power plant is powerful, smooth and quiet and I can get 25 to 30 MPG on the highway. Driving the 1995 XJS just makes you feel special and I find the convertible to have very little air turbulence with the top down. The ride is sublime and it corners like a dream. Jaguar got it right at the end of the run. If you find a great example of this timeless classic all I can say is do yourself a big favor and buy it. Get one before this one gets out of reach like so many other classic Jags have before it.

Love my car!

by 1995 Jaguar XJS Convertible from on Sat Dec 26 2015

I have had this 1995 XJS Jaguar convertible since 2007 in SoCal (L.A.) and I drop the top and I don't even care about all the traffic. I just go with the flow. Like others here, I get lots of looks, compliments, and offers to buy it from me. In a city full of $100,000-200,000+ cars everywhere, this Jag holds its own looks wise. I'm moving overseas and can't take it with me so I will cry when someone pulls it out of my driveway, but so be it. Someone else will get to enjoy this car like I did. I put over 60,000 miles on the car and enjoyed every mile. For the money, this car is a bargain. It has some of the old school Jaguar styling. Great car!

This car has it all

by Jaglover on Sun Oct 08 2017

Style, ride quality, reliability, all in a car that when new sold for $60k+. I have owned three of these cars. All have been free of any major repairs. All have been six cylinder models which are easy to maintain. Driving this car is a joy. Most all have automatic transmissions, shifting is smooth throughout the power ban. Handling is very good, what one would expect from a Jaguar. The convertible top is easy to operate, has both automatic and manual modes. The stock sound system is just ok. I have upgraded the systems in all of mine opting for a power amplifier and high end speakers. Finally I receive compliments about this car nearly every time I drive it. You don't see many on the road, when you do there is no mistaking the XJS, a work of art on wheels.

ONE GREAT SPORTS CAR

by 1995 JAGUAR XJS from NEW YORK on Sun Jan 21 2018

ONE GREAT SPORTS CAR. A DREAM TO DRIVE, FUN, POWERFUL AND BEAUTIFUL. CLASSICAL NEVER GOES OUT OF STYLE AND THIS CAR BEATS MOST OF THE NEW CARS WHICH SELL FOR FORTUNE BUT DELIVER GENERIC LOOKING RESULTS.

Fantastic

by Clarkecars from Montgomery,AL on Mon Oct 31 2011

I love the styling and mystique associated with the Jaguar V12 engine. This is an incredible value. Exotic looks, V12 performance, great ride, excellent handling with minor upgrades and very reliable if you know what to look for and what to service when. It isn't an amorphic blob, isn't Asian, has real bumpers and grill, doesn't require 18" plus wheels and doesn't get lost in a parking lot.

Powerful engine and strong drivetrain

by Elvaracer from Springfield, OH on Thu Dec 28 2017

Superb driving experience that can only come from a solid car like the XJS. Love the way this car hugs the road with plenty of power.

1 2