2008 XK

2008 Jaguar XK

2008 Jaguar XK

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2008 Jaguar XK?

Quiet, Smooth, Powerful, and Beautiful!

by Extreme Car Guy from Punta Gorda, FL on Mon Feb 13 2012

I needed a back seat for my 7 year old son so I traded my 2009 Corvette Coupe for a 2008 Jaguar XK Convertible. (The back seat is tiny but it works for a 7 year old) My wife hated my Corvette but she can't get enough of this Jaguar. Great Transmission. Excellent gas mileage. I get 19 in the city. Leather EVERYWHERE! The display uses Flash Animation between screens. It's pretty but it takes a little longer to respond. Very good NAV system. The seats are awesome. Extreme adjustability! Comfortable for my 5'7'' wife and my huge 6'4" frame! The top is super fast; goes up and down in about 18 seconds. From the inside; with the top up it sounds and looks like a coupe. This is one quiet, smooth, powerful, and beautiful car!

Its Jaguar

by None from Miami Beach on Thu Feb 02 2012

the reputation that the name has earned speaks louder then anything i could say to prove it, from the hand made interior to the design from the engineers of Aston Martin, or the meticulously crafted motor engine. its jaguar.....

Love the Jag!

by SteveM from Ann Arbor, MI on Fri Sep 29 2017

Bought this used 2008 XK for fun. What a value at $25,000! Only 35k miles! People who buy these cars new, probably take pretty good care of them, and ours was definitely one of those. Excellent engine performance, and great Jaguar exhaust grumble. We had to replace the convertible top this year, due to the rear window becoming loose. Find a private shop for that. It saved us $3000 from what the dealer wanted to charge, and we got the exact same top too! The backseat isn't much, but having the extra room back there lets me recline a bit more than in a two-seater like the F-Type. I'm 6'2" so i need the extra room. Best fun car we ever owned!

Pure Class !!!!

by Avionixpert from Ft Myers, FL on Tue Aug 01 2017

Pure Class !!!! Smooth, Powerful, Beautiful, All Aluminum Body, Frame and Engine. The most beautiful driving car I ever owned! Tiny Back Seat !!!!!!!

Very reliable and comfortable car. I own 2 of them

by Mr. Flash from Sparks, NV on Thu Aug 29 2019

Car is fully equipped with blue-tooth, hands-free, and does everything a new car does just about. I thoroughly enjoy driving this car since these are not on the road as much. Definitely a joy to have.

Sexy Drop Top Hiding A Mean Streak

by TinyElviss from Pittsburgh on Fri Jul 24 2020

If you are reading this you know the car is stunning to look at from virtually every angle. When searching to add a convertible to the fleet, this was not on my list. A MB SL550 would have been nice, but the maintenance costs are just too exorbitant for a seasonally-fun driver. Boxsters and Z4's were also contenders. What you don't know is how potent the XKR is on the road. It not only keeps up with my Audi 4.0l twin-turbo V8, it provides nearly the same comfort level. It slices through corners, just waiting to let the tail loose. Pay attention! Top-down motoring is a joy. There is minimal wind buffeting and you can carry on a conversation without raising your voice up to around 75mph. Over 75, who want to be talking anyway? Yes the touchscreen is a bit dated and not bright enough, but it is more intuitive than reviewers have given it credit for. I was able to easily learn the system in a few minutes. The glorious burble of the supercharged V8 gives you goose bumps. If it doesn't, go have fun in a Miata.

All I expected and much more!

by Rick from New York on Wed May 27 2020

This is a sports convertible for adults. Who would have thought that I would be as comfortable sitting in and driving my Jag as I am my Mercedes S550? This is an extremely comfortable car to drive. Don't let the comfort fool you though, it is powerful, fast, agile and has a polite ROAR when you hard accelerate! Mine is black with a burgundy top, so it is unique too. I have not run across another on the road. On top of all this, I ADORE JAGUARS!!!! Well, up until the current owners. They look like every other car now. Thank you Aston Martin for the design! In short, I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!!

2008 Jaguar XK = Beautiful but Tempermental

by Stillwaters from Camden, SC on Wed Feb 23 2011

After a national search over many months, I finally purchased my 2008 Jaguar XK from a dealership about five states away and had it trucked to my house. It is an Indigo Blue beauty with 30,000 miles on the clock. Absolutely pristine; not a scratch on her. I have wanted one of these since the original XKEs of the 60s and 70s and now I possess one of my very own. I still can't beleive it. Ah, but the XK is a demanding lady... First week of ownership, I get to meet the local Jaguar service department, for as soon as the car came off the truck, it needed a full service, new brakes installed front and back, a new relay installed for the climate control blower, new weatherstripping around all the doors and convertible top, and a new keyless remote(only came with one). Much of the work was covered under the existing Jaguar warranty (five years/50,000 miles). The brakes and remote I paid for and came to about $1,000.00 (the remote alone was over $400.00) But I don't care, for I am smitten. The XK driving experience is something out of this world. Everytime I slide into the cockpit, I am cradled in leather, surrounded by burlwood and chrome. I push the big red start button and 300 screaming horses roar to life. They pull despirately against their reins, demanding their freedom, daring me to go faster. I jam the gas pedal; the force pushes me deep into the Connely leather seat. My eyes go wide. I am left breathless... It is now one month later. The LCD screen that displays the gas guage occasionally fails to light up. More weatherstriping needs to be replaced between the convertible roof and the body, and now the passenger side window thinks it is hitting an obstruction on the way up, so it rolls itself back down...Car is still under warranty, so I am comfortable all those things will be fixed. I still do not care. I am completely in LOVE with this car. My "bucket list" is now complete and even with it's "gremlin's, the XK remains my dream. It is passion on wheels, my guilty pleasure, my dark, brooding mistress. I drove this jewel with the top down for the first time yesterday. I felt as if every driver at every traffic light was checking the car out. I could actually feel the stares. Little weird at first, but very, very cool. So, like being married to a beautiful woman, I don't mind the occasional temper tantrums, and the demands she makes of my time and attentions. Just as long as she never leaves me... Buy one if you can. The experience is intoxicating...

Great Vehicle Jaguar XK8

by Jaguarman from Houston, Texas on Mon Jan 16 2012

Have owned Jaguars for 30 years. This is a very reliable vehicle. Have had no issues with the newer XKs. Maintenance the car it will provide much pleasure. Hope to see you on the road.

2008 Jag XK Coupe!!!!! Gotta LOVE it!

by Lkjfree from Garland, TX on Sat May 12 2018

First of all...It's absolutely GORGEOUS! But I love everything about it - especially the ride. Smooth and Fast! Dependable. Sporty without sacrificing luxury. PURE COMFORT! Truthfully, on a bad day, I find myself smiling in less than 1 minute every time I drive this car.

1 2