2008 XK

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2008 Jaguar XK?

Quiet, Smooth, Powerful, and Beautiful!

by Extreme Car Guy from Punta Gorda, FL on Mon Feb 13 2012

I needed a back seat for my 7 year old son so I traded my 2009 Corvette Coupe for a 2008 Jaguar XK Convertible. (The back seat is tiny but it works for a 7 year old) My wife hated my Corvette but she can't get enough of this Jaguar. Great Transmission. Excellent gas mileage. I get 19 in the city. Leather EVERYWHERE! The display uses Flash Animation between screens. It's pretty but it takes a little longer to respond. Very good NAV system. The seats are awesome. Extreme adjustability! Comfortable for my 5'7'' wife and my huge 6'4" frame! The top is super fast; goes up and down in about 18 seconds. From the inside; with the top up it sounds and looks like a coupe. This is one quiet, smooth, powerful, and beautiful car!

Its Jaguar

by None from Miami Beach on Thu Feb 02 2012

the reputation that the name has earned speaks louder then anything i could say to prove it, from the hand made interior to the design from the engineers of Aston Martin, or the meticulously crafted motor engine. its jaguar.....

Love the Jag!

by SteveM from Ann Arbor, MI on Fri Sep 29 2017

Bought this used 2008 XK for fun. What a value at $25,000! Only 35k miles! People who buy these cars new, probably take pretty good care of them, and ours was definitely one of those. Excellent engine performance, and great Jaguar exhaust grumble. We had to replace the convertible top this year, due to the rear window becoming loose. Find a private shop for that. It saved us $3000 from what the dealer wanted to charge, and we got the exact same top too! The backseat isn't much, but having the extra room back there lets me recline a bit more than in a two-seater like the F-Type. I'm 6'2" so i need the extra room. Best fun car we ever owned!

Only had it eor 3 weeks

by altaylor440 from Fenton on Mon Jul 10 2017

Great looking and responsive car. We love this car even thou we have to pay 2500 dollars for a new thermostat and convertible top but as far as the car is concern it will be a great car like the one before it that was totaled we just treat it as a project car that we can still drive around so we are happy.

2008 Jag XK Coupe!!!!! Gotta LOVE it!

by Lkjfree from Garland, TX on Sat May 12 2018

First of all...It's absolutely GORGEOUS! But I love everything about it - especially the ride. Smooth and Fast! Dependable. Sporty without sacrificing luxury. PURE COMFORT! Truthfully, on a bad day, I find myself smiling in less than 1 minute every time I drive this car.

2008 Jaguar XK = Beautiful but Tempermental

by Stillwaters from Camden, SC on Wed Feb 23 2011

After a national search over many months, I finally purchased my 2008 Jaguar XK from a dealership about five states away and had it trucked to my house. It is an Indigo Blue beauty with 30,000 miles on the clock. Absolutely pristine; not a scratch on her. I have wanted one of these since the original XKEs of the 60s and 70s and now I possess one of my very own. I still can't beleive it. Ah, but the XK is a demanding lady... First week of ownership, I get to meet the local Jaguar service department, for as soon as the car came off the truck, it needed a full service, new brakes installed front and back, a new relay installed for the climate control blower, new weatherstripping around all the doors and convertible top, and a new keyless remote(only came with one). Much of the work was covered under the existing Jaguar warranty (five years/50,000 miles). The brakes and remote I paid for and came to about $1,000.00 (the remote alone was over $400.00) But I don't care, for I am smitten. The XK driving experience is something out of this world. Everytime I slide into the cockpit, I am cradled in leather, surrounded by burlwood and chrome. I push the big red start button and 300 screaming horses roar to life. They pull despirately against their reins, demanding their freedom, daring me to go faster. I jam the gas pedal; the force pushes me deep into the Connely leather seat. My eyes go wide. I am left breathless... It is now one month later. The LCD screen that displays the gas guage occasionally fails to light up. More weatherstriping needs to be replaced between the convertible roof and the body, and now the passenger side window thinks it is hitting an obstruction on the way up, so it rolls itself back down...Car is still under warranty, so I am comfortable all those things will be fixed. I still do not care. I am completely in LOVE with this car. My "bucket list" is now complete and even with it's "gremlin's, the XK remains my dream. It is passion on wheels, my guilty pleasure, my dark, brooding mistress. I drove this jewel with the top down for the first time yesterday. I felt as if every driver at every traffic light was checking the car out. I could actually feel the stares. Little weird at first, but very, very cool. So, like being married to a beautiful woman, I don't mind the occasional temper tantrums, and the demands she makes of my time and attentions. Just as long as she never leaves me... Buy one if you can. The experience is intoxicating...

by jakkedmofo from Los Angeles, Ca on Tue Mar 22 2011

Best Car I've ever owned. Rides nice, very user friendly interior, beautiful exterior. I had heard some conflicting things about jags, but so far my experience has been outstanding. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a used sports car.

Great Vehicle Jaguar XK8

by Jaguarman from Houston, Texas on Mon Jan 16 2012

Have owned Jaguars for 30 years. This is a very reliable vehicle. Have had no issues with the newer XKs. Maintenance the car it will provide much pleasure. Hope to see you on the road.

Jag XK

by Moe from South carolina on Fri Feb 21 2014

I bought the 2008 new off the dealer floor, salsa red convertible. It has looks, power, in over five years of ownership no problems, I replaced front tires at 17k miles, had a battery charger installed and a battery replaced in 2012. Nitpics- The computer is not the fastest, the back seat does not work well for adults, grand kids love it.

beautiful styling and great to drive

by jbf from los angeles on Thu Oct 19 2017

I love this car, drives great, looks fantastic and has been incredibly reliable. I've always loved Jaguars and this one did not disappoint

1 2