2001 Jaguar Xkr

Impressive styling and nice lines

by from Watertown, NY on October 4, 2010

I've been dreaming of owning a Jaguar since I was a young boy. Finally after many, many years I was able to afford a used one. Although I was looking for a 2003-2005 model XKR, I found a 2001 XKR that was immaculate and in MINT condition with very LOW mileage. It was a dream come true and I grabbed it right away for a very reasonable price. Now when I drive around town, I notice many a head turn my way. The throaty growl from under her hood and the acceleration from the 370 supercharged horses is as impressive as her sleek styling from behind. She's a beauty for an old gal!!!

"Muskel-Kater" - or my muscle cat

by from Frankfurt, Germany on May 5, 2007

Having bought a pre-owned 2002 model in September 2006 I am now a happy Jag-owner: it is always a surprise to Porsche drivers when the Cat will beat them: 397 horse powers make the XKR not only an attractive alternative but also oe of the fastest runners on German Autobahns. Despite that the seat distance is a little too short for my size, this is a beautifull example of craftmanship: excellent interior, nice exterior style and endless power under the hood. I have spent some additional money to get the car now to MY 2005 (Celebration style) incl 20" Detroit wheels and the quad-pipe exhaust. Whenever you think buying a serious sports car, don't forget the XKR: compared to rivals such as Porsche, Maserati, Aston or others, the Jag seems almost a bargain buy since Jaguar has brought out the new style XK/XKR in 2006.

Eighty year old teen

by from Chowchilla on March 24, 2017

I am 80yrs and just bought this xkr convertable and feel like a young man again I only take her out when I can drive with her top down, I LOVE IT

Head turner

by from Dallas, Texas on November 8, 2006

This car gets more "that's a beautiful car" comments than any other i've owned. My wife loved having a car that nobody else on the road has. We are selling it for something more comfortable for longer trips for a 6'2",220lb. man. The acceleration pins you in the seat getting on the freeway, and the car corners like it was on rails. It won't keep up with a carrera, but you don't have to crawl over railroad tracks, either. The visibility is a bit poor with the top up. Knock on wood, we have had very few problems. Thermostat stuck on the radiator, which was easily fixed. Great car!

Similar Models