2003 XKR

2003 Jaguar XKR

2003 Jaguar XKR

4.5

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have you driven the 2003 Jaguar XKR?

Best Jag ever made

by XKR #1 from Las Vegas, CAL on Sat Jan 26 2013

The Jaguar XKR is the best car I have owned for the money. I have lots of sports cars and this one you can not beat. Its one of the sexiest body styles ever made and is a true collectible. I have a 1997 XK8 and a 2003 XKR, which Jaguar improved the model by thousands of new parts a better engine and is much more reliable and have absolutely zero complaints. Its really a GT cruiser not a full out sports car but once that supercharger kicks theres plenty of powe with 390 ponies under the hood. Its not the fastest car out there but with the sexy body style, gorgeous interior, and dependability I love drviing my XKR on a regular basis. I have a 2004 SL500 AMG as well and although it outperforms the XKR on the track, I prefer to drive my XKR more as its more comfortable and still gives me butterflies seeing it on the road and just love cruising the highway in it. 5 stars for me and do not prefer the newer body styles/interior of the 2007 up models. Nobody can top what Jaguar did with this model. I will keep these 2 cats for a long time!

beautiful with some issues

by jag2010 from Minnesota on Sat Mar 13 2010

I just bought a 2003 xkr with 66K for 15K. Well below blue book. I drove it home from Florida to Minnesota and the car drives great especially crusing on the freeway! 90 feels effortfless, and is a real gt cruisor. The only complaint i have is a bad window regulator and a drainage on the battery. Battery is dead after about 36 hours, still trying to figure out the reason. I think its one the best looking and driving vehicles on the road today, had many compliments on the car already. Would recommend it if the price is right and can afford some electrical gremilins repairs! Other minor issues are random displays cruise not available and check rear lights on dash and o2 sensors going bad! Awesome car none the less:)

Umbelievable!!!

by luccio from on Sun Dec 07 2008

As a Jaguar fan, I owned pretty much all sports type for the past 25 years and I can tell you that 2003 was the year to get the new XKR. Most beautiful body and front grid, very fast and very powerful with its new 4.2L engine, very smooth with its ZF 6 speeds transmission. Great comfort... And I still own my 2003 XKR and runs and drives like a new Jag...

Buy one and here her purrrr!!

by Black JAG from Wisconsin on Sat Mar 12 2011

Ive had my 03 Jag XKR for 2 years and still love pulling it out of the garage! Its exotic and beautiful looking and have nothing but compliments on it. Cruises effortless on the highway and whistles when the gas is pressed and supercharger takes over. COuldnt ask for anything better combined with the beatiful wood dash and awesome sound system. I like the pre 07 XKR interiors much better than the newer ones which dont look as rich. Only thing I wish they added was a manual. A 90K car brand new I got mine for a fraction of the cost and so can you. If your looking for a fun summer car that really turns heads you can find out for around 20 K. Very dependalble so far :)

Out of my league

by Friarshuck from Nebraska on Thu Dec 30 2010

Bought this car used. Yes, it has a few small problems, but, this XKR performs very well. It was a very expensive car when new and it seems Jags don't maintain their value very well. That's fine with me as I could never own a car with the leather, the wood, the class, the looks of this car otherwise. I love this car. It is beautiful, handles good and is pretty darn fast. Capable of more than I will ever be able to wring out of it. Am I happy? You bet.

1 BAD CAT

by 1 BAD CAT from Michigan on Sat Dec 28 2013

Stunning looks, awesome performance and best yet dependable for me. There is nothing on the road for the price that I would even think of getting over my Jag Love my XKR a true classic icon for Jaguar

Very nice used exotic sports car!

by Happy Jaguar owner from Indiana on Mon Mar 24 2014

I absolutely love my Jaguar. I was looking for something in the 15-20K range for a used exotic sports car. I made the right decision in my 2003 xkr. With almost 400 horsepower and the best body style of any jaguar ever built it was a bargain vs brands like Mercedes and BMW which I see on the road every day. Its a real head turner and very rare. Ive only seen 3 others on the road in the past 2 years, I was worried about Jaguars reputation with reliability in the past but have had to put nothing into the car other than synthetic oil changes. I get compliments every where I go and the car is over 10 years oid, Heck of a car for the money.

Most comfortable car I ever owned.

by Jaguar fan from Sarasota, FL on Thu Aug 17 2017

If you want comfort combined with umph this is the car for you. You can not help but look at it, it is so beautiful. The supercharger gives you all the power you ever want.

Most beautiful car I ever owned

by balitogL from Rhinebeck, NY on Thu Jul 13 2017

I love to drive this car, especially on the highway, the handling is phenomenal, it sounds great and the feel is exceptional, best car ever

Sooo Happy With My Jaguar

by Kim Lewis from Manitou Springs, CO on Thu Jul 26 2018

The Jaguar XKR has always been my ?dream? car. I now own one and ?I Love It?. The lines on this car are beautiful, the interior is perfection and the get up go... well, let?s just say, it?s amazing. This car beats all expectations I had. I?ve never been happier or prouder to own a vehicle.

1 2

Our Take on the 2003 Jaguar XKR

There have been hundreds of changes made to the Jaguar XK series since it debuted in 1996, but not that many to the exterior. Perhaps that's a good thing if you believe the XK's design is classic and should not be tampered with.

Or perhaps it's a bad thing if you spent upward of $93,000 on a 2003 XKR, but realize it looks an awful lot like a 1997 XK8 convertible, currently retailing for about $29,500.

Or maybe it just doesn't matter. In a week people will be able to see the latest James Bond film, Die Another Day, and you XKR owners can mention that the villainous Zao is driving an XKR just like yours, though presumably yours does not have missiles (behind the grille), machine gun (between the... Read More