2008 Jaguar XKR Consumer Reviews

2008 Jaguar Xkr
Average based on 7 reviews

Great car to drive

by from Seattle, Wa on January 17, 2009

I bought this car new and have really enjoyed driving it. It is fast and is a great road car. It also gets lots of looks because of its unique styling that stands out from the sea of BMW's and Japanese look alikes.

Sexiest car in town

by from Medford, OR on January 23, 2012

I couldn't be happier. Amazing incredible car and not one of the million BMWs running around. Of course 2 months is to soon to rate reliability... Buy an XKR. You won't be sorry!

Great Car

by from Whittier, CA on March 28, 2008

Just bought xkr 2008 coupe. This car is a legend for Jaguar after the xk-e. The car is incredibly fun to drive. I had two Jaguar in the past XJ and XJK both were lemon. But this car is fantastic. Great handling, power train is great. For my age at 44 year, a Porsche would look yep for me. Mer. and BMW are becoming boring. This a true GT car with great performance.

Super sexy

by from Dallas, Texas on September 19, 2011

This is one hot car. I wound up with an 08 XKR. There's a bit of a premium for the bigger engine, but I also received a certified pre-owned warranty. The car is fast, and the ride is sporty, without killing you. The only two negatives are the fuel (lousy gas milage+a very small tank) and the back seats (completely unusable.) I would have also liked to have a hidden compartment in the hatch area. (If you're out shopping, there's no place to hide your valuables.) Also, the iPod connection kit is kind of a kludge. Aside from that, this is the most beautiful car I've owned.

2008 XKR - Beautiful, Fun and always draws a crowd

by from Gaithersburg, MD on April 28, 2008

I have owned this car for a month and get excited every time I walk into my garage. It is absolutely stunning, is a blast to drive aggressively, but it is easy to drive when stuck in traffic or just want to cruise around town. The looks and the ability to gear down were the reason I chose this car over the Carrera S. I have not regretted it once. My only issue with Jag is that they don't have an integrated ipod system or a rear camera on the car. It is cray to me that these aren't standard or even available on a 90,000 car. Other than that, I have nothing bad to say.

another jag

by from ca on August 23, 2011

Wonderand comfortable exotic convertible. Some minor and one major (leaking radiator) problem since new. Gets lots of "thumbs up" comments. My 5th Jag and I'll keep buying them

Towed 9 times in 12 months

by from on December 13, 2008

If you are considering this vehicle; falling in love with the exterior styling could prove costly. I purchased the new 2007 XKR Convertible and really enjoyed it's handling and exterior styling. Unfortunately, the quality is miserable. The two dealers, one in California and one in Utah were very good; however, Jaguar USA was unresponsive. I traded it for a BMW M6 at a loss of 50k in less than 1 year. Real simple; the M6 performs better, has more sophisticated technology and RUNS. Most importantly, Jaguar USA didn't have the courtesy to try to make this right-no wonder Jag has sold so few units the last 12 months despite the beautiful design.