1993 Jeep Cherokee Consumer Reviews

Change Year
1993 Jeep Cherokee
4.3
Average based on 6 reviews

Best off road car I've ever owned!

by from on March 8, 2009

This is a great off road car. It has 129.000 miles and is still running perfect. The only problem I ever had was with the breaks. Great car and would recomend it to anyone who loves off road cars!

Uses car for Off-roading

got it as a "beater"

by from merrill wisconsin on October 17, 2009

i put about 30 man hours into it and now its my daily runner i love it i just wish it was better on gas

Great car

by from Mustang,Oklahoma on November 30, 2010

My 1993 Jeep Cherokee has a 4.0 with over 200,000 miles and it still runs great after all the years.

Most Reliable Car Ever

by from Lincoln, NE on January 5, 2011

The Jeep Cherokee Country is an amazing vehicle. We bought ours new in 1994 and put 260k miles on it. The engine never had any problems, never burned oil and the trans always ran smooth in 2 or 4 wd. We just got rid of it last year (so sad) and i'm looking at buying another one because i miss it so much. Jeep's biggest mistake is getting rid of the Cherokee. If you treat them well, they'll run forever. I have no doubt in my mind that that car would have made it to 500k if we kept it.

great vehicle

by from Lawrence, KS on July 25, 2010

I got this car from my folks who bought it new in 1993. They had some brake work done on it, I've replaced the water pump, other regular things like hoses and what not. Shocks and springs could use some replacing, but it's not surprising since they're 17 years old. Overall this has been an excellent car to drive. Mine is the country model, inline 6 two-wheel drive and has survived many road trips, two winters in Minnesota and one in Kansas, handles just fine in the snow despite being only a rear wheel drive vehicle. I have loaded this car down mercilessly and then stuck and trailer on it and traveled 900 miles twice and 600 miles once. I have also hauled obscene amounts of wood in the back. I keep up with the routine maintenance myself and at 225,000 miles it runs great. In my opinion this is a vehicle worth a little leg work for its reward. I plan on putting as many miles on it as it will take, and when that day comes I will not hesitate to purchase another Jeep. I consider this manufacturer to produce some of the most robust and reliable vehicles that can be bought.

good square deals

by from roselle,il on July 10, 2012

Friendly honest no pressure salesman(thanks Terence), friendly sales manager, easy bottomline bargaining with him. The only thing negative was dealership was a little busy and had only one finance guy. It created a little slower process than I would have liked. I would definately do business with them again.