2002 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2002 Jeep Liberty
4.2
Average based on 30 reviews

Six years, almost trouble free

by from Los Angeles on June 2, 2010

Great vehicle. Had it for six years, have had very few repairs. Very reliable. Smooth ride for an SUV. Passengers have said it feels more like a car than a truck.

Tough little Jeep

by from Colorado Springs, CO on August 28, 2007

Many people turned their noses up at my Liberty when I first got it but it has proven itself time and again to both myself and many other Jeep enthusiasts. Every time I have needed to transport a large load of lumber or what have you it always fits. The interior is deceptively large. My stock Liberty has gone up hills that Wranglers had trouble with and it made it through 3 blizzards last winter without ever getting stuck. Its as fun as a Wrangler with better styling and much more comfort.

I love this car!

by from Roseville, CA on September 4, 2009

I've had my Liberty Limited for over six years and loved every one. As the second owner I've there have been normal repairs of a Crysler product but it has never given me any major problem. I've driven mostly highway miles and she's performed admirably. Acceleration is terrific with the 3.7L Six.

Most reliable car I have ever owned

by from Michigan on September 20, 2011

I'm the original owner of my 2002 Jeep Liberty. Short of oil changes, tires, typical maintenance items I have ad very little repair on my Jeep. I have 195,000 miles and plan on hitting 200,000. Once I hit that I'll pick a new goal. Gas mileage isn't the greatest but isn't the worst either. I love my Jeep Liberty!!!!

One of the worst cars i've owned

by from dallas, texas on May 12, 2008

I have to admit that at first the car was not that bad till it started to fall apart at only 70k miles. In the last 3 months have had to replace more things on this car then any other i have owned. The a/c condenser, the fan, the window regulator and motor, the vents for the air broke when i tried to move the air towards me. The seats do pick up all the hair and everything else. I went to lean the seat back and the lever broke off in my hand...so that was needed to be fixed as well. Thinking i had everything fixed thousands of dollars later. I was leaving at night the other day for a trip and noticed the lights where you place the car in gear arnt working anymore.

Good Car

by from lincoln ne on April 7, 2008

This car runs well and i would recommend anyone who wants to go offroading or just easily get through snow this is a great car to have. No major or minors problems since i bought mine in mid July.

Great SUV

by from Paradise, Newfoundland on March 22, 2013

I purchased this Jeep about 2 years ago. gas Mileage is not too bad for a SUV. It is fun to drive and in the time I have owned it I have not had to do any major repairs until now. Catalytic Converter is gone. I live in a area that gets a lot of snow and this jeep crawls over most of the snow in 2wd. Great vehicle.

Good used

by from Denver on March 19, 2012

Bought 2002 jeep liberty with 60000 original miles. It was absolutely spotless. The only thing I dislike about the vehicle so far is the gas mileage. I thought it would get a little better in town but is averaging about 16.5 and with gas going up and me driving around town all day wow. I guess its a sacrifice I make for the use in the mountains.

Awesome car for a young family

by from California on October 29, 2006

I got a Liberty when starting my family, had a Wrangler before. The Liberty isn't a big off road rig, but it can get you there in comfort. Never had any problems with the car, but had to trade it in for a bigger SUV. I wish I had the MPG of the Liberty now, was avj. 17 to 23 now I'm getting 12 - 15 in my Expidition. Over all I was extreamly satisfied with the Liberty.

great car

by from springfield, il. on October 25, 2011

I bought this car brand new & it has been an excellent car.I still like the style of this car-doesnt look outdated & has really held up well. I love jeeps!