2004 Liberty

2004 Jeep Liberty

2004 Jeep Liberty

4.1

Have You Driven the 2004 Jeep Liberty?

This car saved my life

by SurvivorUT from Salt Lake City, UT on Tue Sep 11 2012

I was heartbroken to say goodbye to my 2004 Jeep Liberty yesterday, but it is a miracle that I was able to. After rolling off a loose gravel road, we flipped a couple of times and landed upside down with the driver's side window smashed in and the windshield cracked but holding together. Even hanging upside down and with a busted hand, I was abe to unbuckle, remove the headrest, and crawl out with nothing more than aches, pains, surface lacerations, and the need for a few stitches in my right hand. I put over 4000 miles on this car in the last 6 weeks alone, and it was a solid companion the whole way. It could have been slightly more comfortable - the lumbar support in my Sport model was not adjustable - but considering I was hauling at least one bicycle and a passenger or two for most of those miles, I am beyond impressed. I miss my car already, and while there is a part of me traumatized enough to never want to get into an SUV again, I have a feeling that my next car will be a Jeep Liberty.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Very much worth the money

by Jeep Enthusiast from Georgia on Tue Mar 18 2008

I bought a 2004 Jeep Liberty 4wd sport about two months ago. Within a week, the transmission come out of it with only 43,000 miles. I thought I had really messed up. I had the 7 year/70,000 mile warranty and my local Jeep dealership put a new transmission in it and it only cost me the 100 dollar deductible. Since then, I have fell in love with this vehicle. I am 20 years old and since I got my license at 16, I have had 15 different vehicles including 4wd trucks, cars, and other 4wd SUVs. This Jeep performs better than all of the vehicles I have had. The only thing I would change is for it to have a little bit better take off. I baby my vehicles and I hate running it up to anything over 2500 rpms to shift but to take off and keep up with traffic at times, you atleast have to run it up to 3000rpms. And yes, mine is an automatic. I would reccommend this vehicle to anyone who wants to feel like they are driving a 4wd. I get between 18 and 19mpg and thats all you can get out of it. Trust me, I baby this thing and I think the only way you could get better is if you drove long trips in excess of 100 miles at a time without stopping. My job is 25 miles from home, no redlights at 55mph and thats just simply all you can get out of it. This is an excellent vehicle and is perfect for getting to the deer stand in the middle of the woods and going out with my family camping on the weekends.

LOVE IT

by BEEBEE from Baltimore, MD on Tue Jan 20 2015

I purchased my 2004 Jeep Liberty for my birthday in 2006. This was my first Jeep, so I was a little nervous about how it would perform. I have been pleasantly surprised. I love it. Have over 118k on it and 9 years later, still in love with it. I had minor issues with it and a couple of recalls, like any other vehicle, but nothing major. Just keep the service up on it and it will be fine. Will definitely purchase another one

pleasently surprised

by melissamcg from west springfield, ma on Thu Mar 21 2013

first time buying a jeep and the interior is what caught my eye. its elegant and luxurious without the high cost of luxury... the ride was smooth and i could barely feel any bumps in the road which i loved. the overhead buttons are very customizable and easy to navigate and i would very much so suggest this brand to anyone looking for a SUV without the bigness of a SUV

Here comes the FUN ! !

by Nick from new york city on Tue Nov 02 2010

Love the way this truck smooths out the bumps and rides the roads like a limo. Then the animal is unleashed with the sight of snow.. Bring it on!!!!!!!!!

Good Overall SUV

by Dave from Severn, MD on Wed Aug 02 2006

The Liberty is a good compromise. It won't be mistaken for anything other than the SUV it is, but it has road manners that are sophisticated enough to serve well as a daily driver. There is ample torque (sometimes a bit too much), and the power from the engine flows to the wheels efficiently. The automatic transmission shifts smoothly, but will complain if pushed too hard. Cargo room is adequate, but could be a bit larger. Fuel economy is average, and the Liberty is a bit heavy. I am very impressed with the Selec-Trac 4WD system.

My favorite car I've owned

by Jeep princess from St.Louis, mo on Tue Aug 05 2008

The vehicle is pretty trustworthy, decent gas mileage, an all around good vehicle. I get where I want with no problems. It is also a good vehicle if you want to bring along a few passengers. There is alot of hed and leg room for every one in the vehicle.

Best car ever owned

by Renegade Man from Tulsa, Ok on Wed Aug 28 2013

I have had several cars in my life and used to trade vehicles frequently. Until I got this car. Yes it is true this car suck fuel but not bad for an suv to get 18 mpg. this jeep pulls my 22 ft pontoon boat. and I works like a dream on the snow. I have had it off road a few times and have had no trouble. Since my car has 178k on it I have replaced over the life of the vehicle the rack-n-pinion steering, radiator, AC compressor, the window regulator and the transmission. I kept the oil changed and at 178K I just had a local shop recondition the engine ( rebuild ) . It had started using oil. my Jeep is clean and looks aggressive and is the best car I have ever owned.

Jeep rescue

by Jeep rescue from Milwaukee, wi. on Sat Dec 30 2017

04 liberty bought used and abused by last owner. 158,000 miles on it , its running good so far. No oil leaks, starts up in minus 5F weather. Installed a western plow, and it does the job. Hoping to get 200,000 on it, we shall see?

Uses car for Off-roading

My 2nd Liberty

by CJDesign from Cincinnati on Tue Jul 31 2018

The interior is all plastic and feels a little cheap and utilitarian, but that's what Jeeps are. The 4x4 is great. Gas mileage is so-so, but again, that's what Jeeps are. The brakes on these vehicles are not great, and the electrical system is suspect, but it could just be this particular one, as my previous one was fine. They are rear wheel drive, so any moisture on the road, and they will spin, but keeping your foot off it will help, after all, they aren't sports cars. Overall, a solid suv that gets the job done with little frills or extra comfort features.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7