2017 New Compass

2017 Jeep New Compass

2017 Jeep New Compass

Have you driven the 2017 Jeep New Compass?

1 Month Review

by VG Worcester from Worcester, MA on Sat Jul 01 2017

2017 Jeep Compass Limited 4X4 – 2.4 L w/ 9 speed automatic transmission I purchased the redesigned Compass about a month ago. I have driven it over 1700 miles so far and have been very impressed. The Compass is very easy to get into although there is a slight step up. Driving position and forward visibility are very good. Rear visibility is average but the backup camera makes backing up a breeze. The seats both front and back are firm and comfortable. Rear leg room is good even with the front seats pushed all the way back. The driving position is very good with all controls within easy reach. The cabin is roomy, but not spacious. The Compass drives and handles well on local roads and highways. Not surprisingly, it handles well in heavy rain with excellent front/rear defrosting and wipers. The climate control system is excellent. Fuel economy is surprisingly good. I have averaged 25.9 MPG (1757 miles/67.9 gallons) in primarily city driving. The best MPG seen was 30.5 MPG (all highway). Worst MPG was 22 MPG (all city with AC on). The Auto Engine Stop supposedly helps with fuel economy, but I keep it disabled since it does take some getting used to. Regarding the engine and transmission – the Compass does not have a lot of power from a stop. However, I find acceleration acceptable and consider it a good compromise since I am averaging 25 MPG in mostly city driving. The Uconnect system is excellent. It has a very logical layout and is easily customizable. It is very responsive to the touch but does show a lot of fingerprints when powered off. Apple CarPlay works flawlessly. [Note: Initially, I had an issue with CarPlay losing connectivity with the Uconnect system. Turns out problem was with the sync cable. I purchased a new cable and have not had any connectivity issues since.] The build quality of the vehicle is excellent. I have yet to encounter a squeak, rattle or knock. The Compass does have a very solid feel and the quality of materials in the cabin is very good. So far I do not have a single issue to report. Overall, I am very glad I purchased the Compass. Everyone who has been in the vehicle or driven it was impressed. I expect it will handle well in the snow and in poor road conditions as we approach winter. If the initial build quality is any indication; reliability should be very good. I did purchase the extended warranty since it truly is a first year model. Likes: 1. Ride/Handling/Forward visibility 2. Quiet interior 3. Technology/Support for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto 4. Fuel Economy 5. Interior and Exterior Styling 6. Build Quality Dislikes: 1. Uconnect display is off by default whenever the vehicle is started. You need to turn on the radio to use GPS, Climate controls, etc. When I don’t want to listen to the radio, but see the controls. I either mute the radio or set it to an unused AUX port. 2. No HomeLink system for garage door opening. 3. No option for Tonneau cover to hide contents behind rear seats. 4. Limited storage space in center console and arm rest. Need a place to hold cell phone when connected to AUX jack for CarPlay/Android Auto. No compartment for sunglasses. 5. I would prefer that the center controls and Uconnect screen were angled toward the driver. To Be Determined: 1. Long Term Reliability 2. Handling in snow 3. Off road

2017 New Compass gets 2 thumbs up!

by Jeepin17 from Minneapolis, MN on Thu Jul 06 2017

I just leased my 2017 newly styled Jeep Compass on June 30th! It's beautiful to look at, and fun to drive! The perks include: Cold Weather package (heated seats and steering wheel, slush mats), Popular Equipment package (power seats, Uconnect 7.0 touch screen, Apple CarPlay, Remote start, Dual zone climate, Sirius XM), Safety & Security package (Blind Spot, Park Sense, Security Alarm) and 4 cyl., 9-speed automatic for great gas mileage. I also got the 2-tone interior of ski-gray and black which really brightens up the cabin. Looking forward to the next 3 years with this Jeep!!!

LOVE MY NEW CAR

by Haimeks from Manhattan Kansas on Thu May 04 2017

i love this car, its rides so well and has great features like beats audio, power lift gate and the ability to go off roading , definitely recommend this suv for the people who love the outdoors and style. its like a baby grand Cherokee

New Compass

by asdf from on Fri May 26 2017

I love it, The engine could use a little extra but it drives better than any vehicle i have ever owned.

Had Previously owned a jeep compass and loved it.

by celia11 from Wilmington, NY on Mon Jul 10 2017

I love the gas mileage. Seats are comfortable. Love the color. I'm sitting higher up which is nice. It's the right size vehicle that I need.

First jeep and i love it

by Maggie from Ocala fl on Wed Aug 02 2017

I love it. I like the way it rides. Love that it has a lot of leg room, Its the right size, has very comfortable seats and is loaded with technology!

Loverly!

by Reats on Thu Dec 28 2017

This car is exactly what I was able to get, lol. Getting the Sport model I do miss some luxury features, SiriusXM, opening the doors by just having the remote key on me and and a bigger middle console. A spare tire would be great but it seems some auto makers are doing away with that. The back hatch area fit my medium sized mixed breed Red Heeler well. (He is about 70 pounds.) I recently loaded it up with my stuff for a move and the rear camera was a life saver of course. Drove through compacted snow on the road after the plows came through and it did well. What I do love is the look, the remote start security, and the gas conservation feature. I still have yet to figure out all the settings but overall, I am in love with this car. I highly recommend this model and if you can afford it, go for the Latitude version for a bit more lux.

2018 Jeep Trailhawk

by GermaineBSportster from Barrie On on Wed Mar 14 2018

Love the style,size,comfort,ride & all the tech.. Red stitching & accessories look sporty. Sound system sounds great. Love the overall appearance inside out. Nice riding machine.

Style, Efficient and ... it's a Jeep!

by Cyclin1972 from Brooksville, Fl on Tue Sep 05 2017

Truly satisfied with my purchase. Had a little confusion in the body styles of the Jeep Compass, since the new body style came out late in the year. Great gas mileage, roomy for a small SUV, Uconnect is great with my IPhone. The only negative I have is the feature that shuts the car off at idle when waiting at the light. This was informed to me by the sales rep, but the feature would be better if I didn't have to turn it off every time I get in the car. It should be the other way around.

I love my new car it's a compass Trailhawk

by Maggieg1 from Wenonah,nj on Sun Sep 10 2017

It's the best car but I've ever had I love everything about it and we buy another one from Cherry Hill Dodge Chrysler and jeep

1 2

Our Take on the 2017 Jeep New Compass

The verdict:

The new 2017 Jeep Compass is worlds better than the old one. It spanks its competitors off-road, but its underpowered engine, sloppy handling and quirky automatic transmission keep it from being competitive on-road.

Versus the competition:

Nothing can touch the Compass in the dirt, but nearly everything else is bigger, quicker or handles better.

The old Jeep Compass is dead. An unloved creation birthed from the DaimlerChrysler days, it was based on the Dodge Caliber and shared showroom space with the equally reviled Jeep Patriot. Now in its place is a shiny new 2017 Compass, slotting in Jeep's lineup above the diminutive Renegade and below the V-6-powered Cherokee. (The Patriot remains dead.)

The new Compass is nothing like the old one — only the name is shared. The new Compass rides on a Fiat-derived chassis that has a lot in common with other Fiat Chrysler Automobiles products. Jeep wants to put the Compass up against successful compact SUVs like the Honda CR-V, Toyota RAV4, Nissan Rogue, Ford Escape and Chevrolet Equinox... Read More