2002 Jeep Wrangler

MY 2002 WRANGLER SPORT TURNED 15 LAST MARCH

by from Carefree, AZ on September 3, 2017

Fifteen years old and almost completely original. New batteries every five years. It's on it's 3rd or 4th set of tires. Hasn't been in a shop or dealer since the Check Engine came on with it was a few months old (the fuel cap was loose). I change the oil/filter and lube all the zerks twice a year. Still has original breaks. Replacing the TPS (throttle position sensor) last spring was the single best improvement it's had ($29 at Autozone, and required a Torx 20 screwdriver.) Original top. Original AC still works like new. Original brakes. Never owned a vehicle for even 8 years before -- and our Wrangler spent it's first 10 years in Alaska, and the last 5.5 years in Arizona desert -- by far the absolute best, more reliable vehicle we've every owned -- and it drives/handles like a sports car.

Didn't get to see it

by from West Yellowstone on August 20, 2017

If I would have had the opportunity to actually look at it, then I am sure it would have been great. I was told to come by and approximately 2 minutes later I was called to be informed it was sold.
Not Rated Reliability

First car was favorite car

by from Jackson, NJ on August 11, 2017

For my first vehicle ever owned, i may always have a love for keeps from now on. my family had owned keeps their whole life, and it'll always be something i love. I had so much fun in this jeep, from driving with the top off, to taking dirt roads, or even just going on long drives. So many memories made with my Jeep!!

Great vehicle.

by from Pleasant Valley New York on July 28, 2017

Outstanding.drove one in the Army for 3 years and never had a problem.Now I have one and foe 6 years never had a problem. Used everyday for shopping and pleasure.

Uses car for Havingfun

The car is fun to drive with the family or friends

by on July 7, 2017

My dad purchased this car for me as my first car and it has met all my needs. The amount of people that can fit in the car is great, as well as the comfortabilty. The only flaw is that it has no aux import to listen to your music on your phone. Other than that, the car is great and fun to drive with the top off.

Money pit...but an enjoyable one

by from Raleigh, NC on June 12, 2017

One of a kind vehicles that can be toyed with to ultimately capture one's personality by how they choose to style it

Stay Classic

by from AL on May 17, 2017

The late 90s and early 2000s Jeep Wranglers are some of the best in production history. They Hold their value year after year because they refuse to go out of style. They are easily customizable and look better as an old style two door Jeep.

Still running strong after 12 years of ownership

by from Clawson, MI on January 14, 2015

My 02 Wrangler X (hard top with manual) was purchased new, black with black trim. I received so many compliments on it when I was driving. It spent 8 of its 12 years enduring Michigan winters and 4 enduring Nevada summers, so it has seen and bore both extremes. Although the exterior is starting to show its age (some rust, windshield dings, and paint peeling), the engine is still going strong. I had to have a few parts replaced over several years (fuel pump, lifters, and a radiator due to a freak stray rock) other than those incidents, it's been rock solid. Although I recently upgraded to a more fuel efficient and quieter sedan for my commuter vehicle, I have kept the Jeep in storage for both fun and as a back up car. To any prospective Jeep buyers, keep in mind there is a HUGE aftermarket for Jeep models of all makes, so you will always have a reliable source of parts and accessories.

easy to work with dealership

by from North Branch Mn on November 19, 2013

I was impressed with how they handle customers and really got me in that jeep that we bought for real good deal.

jeep weaver

by from victor on September 7, 2013

Was looking for a older wrangle to enjoy on nice days and take off roading. Found the perfect match on cars.com. thanks!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Our Expert Review: 2002 Jeep Wrangler