2002 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews

2002 Jeep Wrangler
Average based on 16 reviews

Great Car

by from New York on June 11, 2009

I bought my Wranlger Sport about a year ago and love it to death. It is a fun car to take to the beach or up to the mountains. It can be kind of annoying when driving long distances but once you get it off road it is heavenly. There are a ton of upgrades you can do to it but you don't really need too. I love the Wrangler but at times I kind of wish I had a car when I am driving those long distances for a family functions. Also the most you can really fit in the truck is three people but I honestly don't mind it. The car is reliable and it starts up every morning. I use and abuse this car and it take it like a champ. We have a 1994 wrangler at work and it has 212,000 miles on it and that it is a little tank. As long as you keep up on the oil changes and tune ups these trucks will last you a life time. I also recommend getting the 4.0 rather than the 4 cylinder.

Most fun and reliable vehicle I have ever owned

by from Leesburg, Florida on March 8, 2011

The Jeep is an amazing vehicle. You can go from the prom to the mud hole. This is the most fun vehicle. The Jeep was built for fun in the sun. Jeep trails are made for the Jeep. They are small enought to fit in tight areas and durable enough to make it. The paint is incredible as well, I go through the Jeep trails alot, my paint does not have a scratch on it.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from Houston, TX on June 20, 2009

Love the turn radius of this vehicle not to mention the reliability. Plus the look and feel of the Jeep is amazing. Worth the money.

Beach Buggie

by from St. Simons Island, Ga. on October 20, 2011

Kids and Grand Kids told me to sell my Harley. Decided to agree. Needed another toy. Found this Sahara by owner, second owner. Pure stock, new soft top, 6 cyl, a/t, a/c 102k. Love it. Wife and I have 3 other cars. They just sit in the garage now. Great for island living, fun to drive, don't worry about usual beach issues w/ this. Would recommend to any old Harley rider just to still get the breeze in your face.

Love My Wrangler

by from NJ on January 23, 2012

I'm in love with my Wrangler. The MPG suck but other than that it is awesome. It has a 4" lift, 33x12.50 tires, rugged bumbers all around. Tough looking Jeep.

Feel like I can go anywhere

by from DFW Texas on January 23, 2012

Not the most comfortable, or aerodynamic vehicle, But I was amazed at the ability of this like car to go over anythign - stock. I'll be adding some big tires and recovery bumpers, but from the sales floor it out preformed my full sized chevy silverado 4x4. the short wheel base and proximity of the wheels to the bumpers make it perfect for steep pointy hills and valleys. Who knows how reliable it is, but I'm hooked.

Still running strong after 12 years of ownership

by from Clawson, MI on January 14, 2015

My 02 Wrangler X (hard top with manual) was purchased new, black with black trim. I received so many compliments on it when I was driving. It spent 8 of its 12 years enduring Michigan winters and 4 enduring Nevada summers, so it has seen and bore both extremes. Although the exterior is starting to show its age (some rust, windshield dings, and paint peeling), the engine is still going strong. I had to have a few parts replaced over several years (fuel pump, lifters, and a radiator due to a freak stray rock) other than those incidents, it's been rock solid. Although I recently upgraded to a more fuel efficient and quieter sedan for my commuter vehicle, I have kept the Jeep in storage for both fun and as a back up car. To any prospective Jeep buyers, keep in mind there is a HUGE aftermarket for Jeep models of all makes, so you will always have a reliable source of parts and accessories.

Jeep for Fun

by from Fowler,Indiana on May 12, 2013

This is the first time I have owned a jeep, and love it, can't wait to take the top off. This vehicle will come in handy when we are farming to get to the hard places.

I will always have a Wrangler

by from Galveston, TX on December 27, 2010

The is my favorite vehicle I have ever owned. It isn't for everyone, but I have 3 large dogs and they can ride comfortably. The top is easy to put down and up and to remove completely when the weather is good for long periods. The only things I've added are seat covers for the pockets and a bigger jack. I live on the beach and love pulling the big 4x4 trucks out of the sand. It is my hobby. :)

Can't do better

by from Culver city on November 28, 2011

I love my jeep. I have a 4 cylinder automatic jeep. i get to zip around town & do donuts. it's lifted with huge tires. i don't mind if it get scratched because it's RUGGED. LOL