2005 Wrangler

2005 Jeep Wrangler

2005 Jeep Wrangler

4.5

Have You Driven the 2005 Jeep Wrangler?

Wrangler X- My First New Car

by Jeep Fanatic from Toledo, OH on Mon Mar 17 2008

This was my first new car- 4.0L, I6, manual transmission, soft top. I had wanted a Jeep since I was 13 and finally bought one! This Jeep is fun to drive in the winter or summer. It is a convertible in the summer and a 4x4 in the winter. For me, there is nothing more relaxing than taking the doors off, putting the top down, and driving on a warm summer day! The six speed manual is a nice surprise, except for the defect of it popping out of gear while in reverse. The engine is solid with years of Jeep experience behind this powerplant. There is plenty of head room and the speaker pods mounted to the roll bars are a great idea. Gas mileage is OK to Good for a 4x4 suv (which it is not, it's a Jeep). The turning radius is amazing. It has an OBD II code reader built into the digital odometer guage- I love this feature! The heater is amazing, you will not be cold in the front seats! I own a Liberty, Commanche, and Wrangler. Unfortunately, the Wrangler is the worst of the three in the snow. However, my Wrangler is better in mud than the Commanche. It is OK in sand. My suspension is getting rougher the older it gets. I had to have my top replaced and front axle seals replaced under warranty. The back seat is cramped. It takes a solid 3-5 minutes to get the soft top on and off. We looked at the hard top models, but they looked unfinished in the inside and we figured we would never take the top off! I have also noticed some bad welds on my vehicle. It has the aerodynamics of a McDonald's Happy Meal on windy days...which can be a bit shaky. This is not a family car, you need to come up with creative ways to pack things into this vehicle. A major plus for me is the Jeep community. This vehicle has a cult following. The aftermarket segment for this vehicle is huge, whether it is lift kits or fog lights, you have hundreds of choices. The resale value of these vehicles usually remains pretty high. Overall, I do not plan to ever get rid of this vehicle. When I pull it out of my daily driver rotation, it will eventually become a project! As I mentioned above, my wife and I refer to "her" as our Happy Meal. There is a prize inside every box, but not everything inside is a luxury item!

Most fun vehicle I could possibly own

by Off roader from Michigan on Tue Jul 10 2012

Jeeps are fun, reliable, and good-looking. With a Jeep, you can go just about anywhere, considering the short wheelbase and good offroad capability. That being said, it is also a good daily driver. The gas mileage isn't great but, that should be expected when buying a vehicle like this. Overall, I am in love with the Jeep, and I don't think I'll ever own a different brand of vehicle.

Best vehicle I ever owned

by Earl the Pearl from Gainesville, Florida on Sat Sep 05 2015

I bought my 2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport I6 242 4.0L High Output back in April 2008. It had about 21k miles on it. Now it's September 2015. I still have it and still LOVE IT! Every time I drive it, she brings me joy. I have about 117k miles on it now, and for the most part, it has been VERY reliable. One of the main reasons I bought it was because I live off about 3 miles of dirt roads (in Florida where it rains almost everyday). I didn't want to drive a sports car through that again. So, I consider it my sports car, in a Jeep body. I bought a Volant CAI for it and that really did the trick as far as a few extra horses and some better low end torque. If you are looking at buying a 2005 Jeep, do your homework, get a carfax (I've seen people abuse these and they still work) so you get some more input. Have fun and continue the Jeep WAVE and always get the inline 6. That's one of Jeeps best ever Motor's.

fun car

by bugs from florida on Fri Apr 20 2012

great for back road driving. i have had for 5 years and have had very few problems. top down in cool weather is a blast. ac is cold on the hot days

Uses car for Off-roading

FUN and FREE

by pgashawn from Fort Myers, FL on Sat Nov 30 2013

Beach Buggies in Fort Myers FL For a SPECIAL Christmas gift to my Mrs., last week I purchased a 2005 Jeep Wrangler X. The team at Beach Buggies made you feel part of the family within seconds! No pressure, NO BS! If you want a FUN weekend ride, I strongly recommend the gang at Beach Buggies! Pgashawn

great city car

by JeepDude from new york, ny on Mon Jun 26 2017

steel bumpers, easy to park, low maintenance. You wouldn't think it, but it's a great city car! The only issue is that I have a softtop which is each to break into, but luckily that hasn't happened to me.

THIS particular year for Wrangler is my favorite!!

by CLOE1018 from MESA, AZ on Thu Sep 14 2017

Favorite year!! Manual transmission, hardtop, full doors, 6" lift, chromed out!! Best performance, best looking, reliable & am looking for a replacement because its been the best of 6 Jeeps I've owned!!

I've been wanting another Jeep for a long time.

by Johnny5 from Sarasota, Florida on Sat Oct 21 2017

This Jeep Wrangler was exactly what I was looking for. It's rugged and tough and sporty all in one vehicle. It brings the fun back into driving again.

Awesome jeep

by Natedog from LA, CA on Fri Oct 06 2017

This Jeep looks cool and mean and backs it up with performance. In great condition and it is well taken care of.

Strong and Durable

by M Vega from Jacksonville on Fri Sep 01 2017

Its an honest trustworthy working mule, gives you classic Jeep looks with a touch of modern. Not a luxury vehicle, much less a comfortable one, but its a Jeep thing. Owning one will make you understand.

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2005 Jeep Wrangler

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - Lumbar? Yeah, right.

DVD players? Are you kidding?

And supple leather? Better go back to your cappuccino after your game of racquetball, dude.

At its core, the Jeep Wrangler is the ultimate toy.

Hardly refined, barely comfortable, the Wrangler is like that mousetrap ride you used to enjoy on summer trips to the amusement park.

"You've got to be crazy not to love this," John Hales of Monterey, Calif., told me on a recent trip to the ultimate Jeep resort, something Chrysler calls Camp Jeep. "This is freedom."

Not to mention fun.

They've been running Camp Jeep for 10 years now - mostly in Virginia and Colorado. This year was Chrysler's first run in California.

The premise is simple: You... Read More