2014 Forte

4.6 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

Needs Better Tires

by Classic Car Enthusiast from Cedar Park, TX on July 24, 2014

Love the Car, we bought the the EX- Forte in May 2013 from Capital Kia Austin,TX. It came with NEXEN tires on it, within 2500 miles one tire developed a bubble on the side wall. Went to the Dealer and was told the tires were not covered they wanted $200.00 to replace it. So I went to Discount tire and purchased a new tire different brand, within 8000 miles second tire failed. The Kia Forte is a great car except for this paticular brand Tire that comes on it and this particular dealership that wont' stand behind their product.I will not take this back to Capital Kia for service.Great Car just ask for different brand tires before you purchase.

Pleasantly Surprised!

by Forte 4 Real from Louisville, KY on April 21, 2015

I own a 2014 Kia Forte LX with the upgraded package. I have owned a lot of 4 cylinder engines in my time but I am blown away by how well the 1.8L engine in the car responds. I have no issues getting on the highway or passing because the car gets up and moves. I am averaging 39mpg but I drive mostly highways. The 6 speed transmission shifts smooth, unlike some of the competitors! The handling is good but not awesome. I have owned 3 other Kia?s (Sedona, Rio & Spectra) and never had any issues with them. Kia had a rough start but they have really turned the quality & reliability around. I would recommend this car to anyone.

You Will LOVE This Car!!!

by KC from North Carolina on January 16, 2014

Bought new 10/29/13. Got the EX sedan in black. It looks SO good! It rides like a bigger car, smooth,very comfortable. It seats 5 adults with room to spare. The trunk is huge! With the 6-speed transmission and 173 hp performance is very good. When you put your foot down it goes, but to get instant, great acceleration, turn off the ECO. It seems to cause just a bit of hesitation, I love driving it and keep trying to think of reasons to keep going instead of heading home! 3 or 4 years ago I wouldn;t have considered buying a KIA since I have never owned non-american manufacture. But seeing this, driving it and the great value sold me and I am very happy!

Kia leaves it all on the stage!!

by kia kat from Wilmington NC on February 21, 2014

Bought our 2014 Kia EX in November 2013.....we already have 9,000 miles on it and it runs and drives like a dream. Gas mileage is crazy-good and the engine brings power when you need it....we've cruised through the Carolina mountains a couple times already...smooth as silk. We just love it....our budget did not permit the Optima...but maybe next time because I'll bet those babies are REALLY fine. In a nutshell.....Kia did not disappoint....went above and beyond our expectations. even the experience at the dealership was tolerable :)

4th KIA I've owned... this IS the best yet

by Impressed from Toronto Canada on December 6, 2013

Got the 2014 SX model and love it. After four months I am actually getting better mileage than rated, the NAV system is excellent (used it in both Canada and US). Dollar for Dollar, feature for feature this car is the absoluted best value in its class. Build quality continues to improve and will stand up to favourably to ANY competitor in its class... This is the fourth KIA I have owned since 2002... these are extremely reliable well built cars. Before purchasing I compared to Honda, Toyota, Subaru, Ford and Nissan offerings. They all need to worry... if too many people do as much testing and comparing KIA will sell a lot more Forte...

GETS YOUR MONEY WORTH IT,VERY NICE CAR

by pachino from texas on December 8, 2013

owned it for 4 months, so far no problem, well designed korean car, exterior and interior. well equiped gets your money worth compared to honda .toyota that will charged you a lot more money for all extra the gadgets,best warranty in the market .60 months bumper to bumper you can not beat that.careful competition you did not see kia coming. just only one thing for the kia people, work in the outside noise while driving,but over all good job kia

No spear tire

by jrzjoe from Laguna VIsta, Texas on September 17, 2014

That's right have a blowout or cut call a tow truck there is no spear or jack. Just a pump and some sealer that only works if the tire get a nail in it. These is something the sales person dose not tell you at Bert Ogden Harlingen TX

Does not recommend this car!!

2014 FORTE EX

by Bamzap from Bahrain on May 15, 2014

Bought the car last year (came out june 2013 in Bahrain). Great value for money and fun to look at. Alot of gizmo's and perks that you see in a sub compact sedan. Only PROBLEM is the braking system as once you reach 15,000 kms you will feel that the braking system is quite weak and stiff. Returned it to the dealer twice and still same persistent problem. Hope to find a solution or most likely will have to sell!

Does not recommend this car!!

by RC from Florida Panhandle on October 3, 2014

I've had this car for 7 months now. I have been very impressed at how quiet, smooth and comfortable the ride is. It has very nice acceleration, no problem getting into traffic, and can go up a hill with the A/C running without any "dragging" issues. I have been on one road trip, and it got 41.3 mpg (70-80 mph, using A/C) - way more than expected! For the first 5 months I commuted 18 miles to work, combined highway/city - it consistently got 30.5 - 31.5 mpg without the A/C, 29.9 - 30.2 with the A/C. The last 2 months I have been driving in town only, with the A/C - it consistently gets 26.4 - 26.7 mpg. The interior seems to be bigger than the exterior, and the trunk is large for a compact car. I have the basic model, so I don't have cruise control or remote door locks, which hasn't bothered me. It has stereo and Bluetooth phone controls on the steering wheel - I love this! The front and side airbags make me feel reasonably safe. There are only 2 things I don't like: (1) No spare tire - if I had been aware of that, I would have ordered a "donut" when I leased the car. (2) It's difficult to see out the back; when my lease is up I will probably upgrade to the model that has a backup camera.

low tire pressure warning

by cairnkidmom from on October 21, 2014

My 2014 Forte Koup has 2200 miles. Low tire pressure light comes on. I checked all tires they are fine.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10