2015 Kia Forte Consumer Reviews

2015 Kia Forte
Average based on 14 reviews

A Good Balance Of Features

by from Harrisburg, PA on November 24, 2015

I was looking for a car that was not too big for good parking, turning radius or economy, but with sufficient power and plenty of room on the inside, good visibility, with useful features like backup camera and bluetooth and a well thought out dashboard. The EX trim package with 2.0L gave the needed extra boost in power without sacrificing economy and the sporty upgrade, backup camera and bluetooth. The packaged extremely low profile tires on the 17" x 45 wheels are nice but a little overkill, less expensive 16" x 55 could have done just as well. The visibility from the drivers seat is superb. Large four wheel disc brakes are reassuring. The trunk is spacious with low lift over but for a little more, the extra space of a hatchback is available. The biggest surprise was taking a 405 mile highway trip at 65-70+ mph with ECO engaged and getting a true 40.1 mpg. I normally drive to squeeze every mile per gallon but that much above the EPA rating surprised me. The only dings I give this car are the low profile tires are extremely sensitive to road surfaces and prone to be noisy. The dash display has low tire pressure warning but NOT individual pressure readouts. The AC is average. The trunk lacks the means to install a useful cargo net divider to slide grocery bags etc into. The only option is a folded hammock sandwich type net that must be pried open. I would rate the standard seats as well adjustable but merely average in comfort. Overall, this car was good enough that I see little advantage in moving up to the foot longer mid sized Kia Optima. Though the Optima had a bigger engine, better AC and quieter ride, the Optima dashboard layout was atrocious.

I love my Forte :)

by from Cape Coral, Fl on July 23, 2015

I love absolutely everything about my 2015 Forte. Right down to the beautiful Abyss Blue color. The performance is amazing, exceptional suspension, it handles very well in the rain. Great on gas mileage, and the seats are the most comfortable of any car I have owned. There is nothing bad to say about the Forte. I love it and I'd buy another one in a second.

2015 Kia Forte

by from West Springfield, MA on May 10, 2015

I have been leasing my Forte for 7 months now. I have nothing negative to say. It's a great car with regards to; MPG, comfort, features, quality and reliability. I would recommend the Forte to friends and family!

Most reliable and economical car owned

by from Des Moines IA on July 1, 2015

My first Kia had over 201,000 miles and was still running great when I traded for another Kia. The gas mileage is phenomenal and the car is comfortable for long drives

Loving it a little more each day!!

by from Dickinson, TX on August 4, 2015

The test drive did not prepare me for the amount of enjoyment I am getting out of driving this smooooooth riding automobile. Compact, yet glides down the highway like you would expect from a larger vehicle. Factor in the gas milage and it is a win/win. Took a Road trip this past weekend and got 37mpg. The blue tooth and other safety components add to the likability, for all ages. The nicest surprise after taking delivery was the well lit dashboard when driving at night.

More than expected

by from Boston MA on September 6, 2015

Car only two weeks old. Unanticipated high quality fit and finish, very comfortable. Great value for the price. So far, so good. Perfect as a student car. Not a speedster but excellent ride

first kia, definitely not the last

by from odessa tx. on December 1, 2015

After owning a car made in 97, i knew it was time to get a new car. I didn't want used, because i never know how long its going to last. I've only had one other car that was new, but it wasn't what i really wanted. I've owned ford, GM, and nissan. So when i went to get another car, i wanted a brand I've never had before, because i believe in giving every car manufacturer a chance. I decided on a 2015 forte sedan. 1. Because of the warranty, and 2. They've seriously stepped up their game over the past 5 years. I test drove one, and immediately fell for it. I do have the base model, which has the 6 speed manual, but the best feature is the Bluetooth. Unfortunately, the car does not have cruise control. While I've only had it 6 months, I've put 17,000 miles on it, as i do use it for my delivery job, so i have by industry standards the equivalent of about a year and a half's worth of miles, and the only problem I've had, was a clogged ac hose. If you do decide to buy one, i would recommend the 2.0L engine. Mine has the base engine, and it feels underpowered for a car of this size, even with a manual. It also feels like there's a dead spot in hard acceleration in 3rd gear. Other than that. It works hard for me every day without any complaints. I definitely plan on buying another kia at some other point in time.

GOOD CARS

by from Hagerstown Md. on September 29, 2016

I bought a 2012 Kia Rio traded it in for a 2014 Forte then traded it in for a 2015 Forte LX. I have 55,000 miles on this car with no problems yet and on a good day on the interstate with cruise control I can get 40 MPG but mostly 37MPG. I run Sea Foam or B-12 ( buy in Walmart, Best price ) in the gas tank every so often to keep the engine clean. The exterior looks good and the interior also. The dash board is easy to view. I love the trip A and B feature with the estimated MPG feature. I bought the Kia because of the 100,000 warranty on the power train. If Ford is so great why do they NOT have this warranty? I change the oil every 5 to 6 thousand miles because i drive mostly interstate. After 100,000 miles I will switch to Mobil 1 oil and change it myself every 7500 miles. I'm keeping this car for good until it begins to be a money pit. The car is peppy and handles well. I don"t like the idea it comes with NO spare tire. I will buy a donut tire in the future. if you buy new . Kia will work with you on rebates and financing. Check out the Kia before you buy another car. NOTE. My Fortes got better gas millage than my Rio.

First New Car

by from Cleveland, OH on August 6, 2015

This is my first NEW car. I've always had used cars and the whole experience was great. The dealer, was great. I new what I wanted and the car has not let me down.

Just in time

by from Deerfield, NH on December 30, 2014

Looking for a car with a great warranty, here it is. Great looking Great Warranty Really good lease College Grad rebate Holiday rebate Great dealership ==== Perfect timing