2019 Niro EV

2019 Kia Niro EV

5 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
5 out of 5 stars Interior Design
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2019 Kia Niro EV?

First long range EV doesn’t disappoint.

by TM53 from Portland, OR on Tue May 21 2019

Advertised as having a 239 mile range; consistently gets 290+! Excellent acceleration. Customizeable “smart” regenerative braking, allowing for one-pedal driving. Superb sound system (I have the Premium Plus). Apple car play allows for seamless phoning, texting, music streaming and navigation superior to what comes native to the car. The only disappointment is the users manual, which fails to explain several features at all, or very poorly.

The electric car we've been waiting for

by Aaron from Amherst, MA on Tue Jun 09 2020

We were early adopters, back in 2004 or 2005, when we bought one of the first Priuses in our part of the state. Since we've owned a Prius V, both a CMax and Honda Clarity PHEV, and a Chevy Bolt. The Kia Niro EV is by far our favorite of the bunch. In a market segment given to huge display screens, wiz-bang gadgetry and few manual controls, the Niro stands out as a paragon of simple, practical, common-sense design. Both my wife and I got into the car and immediately knew where every control was located - exactly where it should be. The car drives well, range is stellar (consistently over 300 miles in warm weather), and it has a surprising amount of interior space for a relatively small car. We purchased it with the winter package - a necessity here in New England - and we are hopeful the battery heater will solve the problem we had with Bolt, where range dropped by half during the winter. The Niro is not a high end car like a BMW or Tesla, but it is a wonderfully comfortable and practical one. In fact, we liked it so much we purchased it instead of leasing. That's how sure we are that this one's a keeper.

Enjoy owning and driving

by xmapper from Rome, Ny on Sun Jan 12 2020

I like it “ a lot”, I also own a Nissan Leaf ( 40 kw). and I chose the Kia because of the range, believe me the extra range makes a big difference. The only negative that I can point out is that the car has a bit more road noise at highway speeds. Big plus is that the Kia seems to accurately display true range at highway speeds , the leaf tends to over state range at highway speeds. I should note that I love both of my ev;

Best mid-range EV on the market

by DA from Woodinville on Wed Oct 02 2019

I can get ~275 miles per charge, making this the perfect commuter car. The interior is comfortable and well-appointed, and the UVO system seems to work really well. It's Andriod Auto compatible, and I've had no issues with the voice operation at all. Adding a charger to my house wasn't too difficult either, but if you aren't used to working with electrical in your house you should probably hire someone.

No Buyer’s Remorse!

by Lollydaw from Tuscaloosa, AL on Wed Aug 28 2019

No remorse! No regrets! I wanted a crossover and I wanted a hybrid. The Kia Niro Touring is the best car I’ve purchased in a long time! The bells and whistles for a low-cost vehicle, phenomenal! Style and appearance for a hybrid, exceptional! Drive, space and comfort for a crossover, excellent. You can’t beat it. Kia has come a long way with this one! Get one now before they raise the price due to its emerging popularity! You won’t regret it. And no, I am not getting paid or any kick-backs for this review. When I find something I love, I let others know!

The most fun I've ever had driving a car

by cgsitr0629 from Duncan, SC on Sun May 10 2020

Comfortable, fun to drive.....and we pass every gas station. Plug it in once or twice a week and in the morning the "tank" is full. 285 miles on a charge normally gets me through a week of driving.

Instant Torque, Great Range, Great Quality

by CalifEVdriver from San Jose, CA on Tue Feb 18 2020

This car has been great so far. I've owned the car for 4 months now and have had no issues. The interior is excellent, the automated driving features are excellent, and the touch screen is good. I gave this a 5/5 for value because of the US federal tax credit of $7500, otherwise it would be a 3/5. At ~$39,000, this car is an OK buy, but at $32,000, it's exceptional. No oil changes, no trips to the gas station, instant torque, great headlights, quiet drive, and great automatic safety features. I have only two complaints so far with this vehicle: First, the seatbelts easily get twisted, and rattle rather loudly whenever you turn the car if they're twisted. Second, for not having an engine, you hear quite a bit of noise while driving - especially the whirring of the motors/drive train. These are both minor gripes, and don't make me regret my decision one bit.

Better than what I imagined

by Happy commuter from Camarillo CA on Sun Jan 12 2020

I was blown away by the quality of the Kia product I had purchased. I didn’t think I was going to like it and was in the process of ordering another car from another dealership where I bought my last car. Out of courtesy and to be positively sure I gave it go. So glad I did. I purchased the premium Niro ev and felt like I was driving a luxury car. The lane assist and the smart cruise control worked better than I could have imagined. My salesman John I think was enlightened too as how well it performed when I tested it with my hands off the wheel. I don’t recommend that but, I was just curious to how well it would work. I’m going to be whistling happy songs with the supreme comfort in my tumultuous LA traffic commute. The Harmon Kardon stereo has to be one of the best systems I’ve heard. So far extremely impressed with my purchase. I went in pre prejudiced a certain amount about the Kia. I’ve been more than pleasantly surprised by the comfort and quality of their vehicles.

Quiet, Powerful, Environmentally Correct

by Silkrip from Nipomo, CA on Fri Dec 27 2019

With a range of 240 miles and easy charging at home, this Kia Niro EV is working out well for us. I was surprised to discover how many charging stations there are between the Central Coast and San Francisco, so we can now contemplate long trips.

Love this car

by Micheal’s dream car from Washington state on Fri Nov 15 2019

This is by far best car I’ve owned. I traded my 2018 Subaru Outback which I loved but hated putting money in gas companies pocket. Kia has a winner here and I would recommend to all, buy this car and you won’t regret it?

1 2