2006 Optima

2006 Kia Optima

2006 Kia Optima

4.2

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2006 Kia Optima?

I love my little car!!

by Love it!! from North Carolina on Wed Aug 10 2011

I love this little car. It runs like a dream most of the time and it is crazy good on gas. I have the 4 cylinder model. The only problem with this car is that the thermostat goes out every 4-5 months. I mean EVERY 4-5 months!! I can fit everyone in my family in this car and it looks great going down the road. i bought this car new and it has never had a problem. Now that it has about 50k miles, it is driving me crazy with the thermostat. I still love it, and when it goes out, I will be buying another Kia. They have really made a name for themselves with reliable and gas saving cars

Best Care I've Owned

by Love My KIA from Central Wisconsin, WI on Wed Feb 27 2013

Small enough, roomy inside (& trunk too), sporty, classy inside & outside, reliable, excellent engine. It's not great on gas mileage, BUT it's a V6= fast take off (better than sluggish 4-cyl). It is very safe: excellent stability and traction even on icy/snowy roads. Bought it new. Now over 80k miles and the paint is still in great shape (shinny-like new). Inside is so great that makes people think it's last year's model. No past or present mechanical problems or concerns. Power seat button & gas cap were replaced by KIA once (within first year, I think). I would buy a Kia Optima again.

Comfortable town and travel car

by Sunnyrae from Bend, Or on Sun Feb 11 2018

My Kia had 10,000 miles when I bought it. Loved it, but had to replace headlight bulbs frequently and had them changed wherever. Then took it in to my Kia dealership. They lubricated the bulb sockets and ended the problem. Still get good mileage on the road, not so much in town. Three years ago, at 50,000 miles, my compressor blew out and I can't afford $1400 to get it fixed. Just have to suffer during the summer.

excellent

by carnut from texas on Wed Jan 19 2011

50,000 miles now, bought it new , no major repairs the car rides as good as when new. i took a gamble on Kia and it paid off . I will buy a Kia again. all my preconceptions about Korean cars have changed

Good Looks but Lacks Performance.

by Will-Jam from Knoxville, TN on Sun Jan 10 2010

I bought this car July 09. The car looks great inside and out even though it went through a family with kids who decided to smear the cloth interior with God knows what. It cleans up really nice and the dash/radio lights are very impressive at night. The only thing that I wish was different about the car is the power of the Engine. It lacks the power of a true V6. It hesitates when I really need to go and it accelerates sloppily. KEEP IN MIND! That I did buy this car used and there is no telling what the car was out through before I bought it. Oh and it should have been equipped with a AUX jack for MP3 player compatability.

What a Joke!

by rippedoff from buffalo,ny on Fri Dec 30 2011

This was the worst purchase ever!!! test drive was great, fit my family alright...6 months after buying check engine light is on and wont go out, i replace bulbs about every month, lights inside work when they want to,trunk has to be shut with ease in order for the light to go out on dash, just all around worse foriegn car Ive seen...when i bought this car it had 8,000 miles with a older owner...there was a recall on one of the parts that kia refused to pay for...In process of looking for something safe and AMERICAN!

Does not recommend this car!!

My optima if my best friend

by Love my optima from Newark on Thu Feb 15 2007

I love everything about my optima. There is nothing I would change about it. I think everything under the hood was well put together.

SO FAR SO GOOD

by new KIA OPTIMA OWNER from oklahoma , oklahoma on Mon Apr 09 2007

As with any new car,you must drive and then time will tell. so far no problems and am loving the fuel economy. i bought the car after looking all day and doing alot of comparison shopping and value for the money it won my heart ....

piece of junk

by kia junk from Colorado on Thu Aug 11 2011

Bought a used 2006.5 a little less than a year ago. First problem was all the lights went out and had to replace lots of bulbs. Then power issues-would either surge or run sluggish. Check engine light on.Dealer tightened up the throttle control and it was better. Slow drain on the electrical system resulting n dead batteries which was traced to the stereo unit. Had to replace stereo and battery. Frequent TPS sensor on-mechanic fixed. Frequent air bag light on-mechanic fixed a few months ago and now it is on again. Check engine light on AGAIN and won't accelerate. Recalled for shift cable issue-dealer did not find a problem with it. Very unreliable. Will not buy Kia again.

About average

by Wish I had my Truck from Pittsburgh, PA on Wed Jul 18 2007

As much as I don't want to say, I should have gone for the camery of accord. This is a very sharp car but it has had problems since day one. Small things but things non the less. turn signal, brights, trunck pops when I hit a bump. But most of all it Lags and often, just not when i test drove it. But it is a good value and looks very nice, I just wish it would perform the same.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2006 Kia Optima

Kia's slogan, "The Power to Surprise," is one of many ambiguous catchphrases that automakers are using these days. In the case of the brand's redesigned 2006.5 Optima, however, it manages to ring true. The Optima's refined ride, strong engines and attractive interior make it an unexpectedly strong entry in the midsize-sedan segment and an enjoyable car to drive.

Exterior & Styling
The new Optima isn't likely to draw a crowd with its appearance; to my eyes, it looks like a scaled-down Buick Lucerne. It is well-proportioned, however, and its conservative design doesn't offend. In any case, looks don't typically make or break a midsize sedan. (If they did, Toyota's Camry wouldn't be the segment's best-seller... Read More