2007 Optima

4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

200,000 plus ands runs great

by A1Atraveler from St. Augustine, FL on June 27, 2015

Needed a new midsize car in 2007 on a limited budget. Dealer/Kia gave us a great deal if we owned a Honda. This car has proven to be be a VERY decent, well running vehicle with only one blip at 100,000 with the air fuel sensor. Other than that, good basic maintenance and it'll run another 100,000. Hats off to Hyundai/Kia. I'll most likely buy another as the they now in 2015 have great styling and engine options.

Happy Kia owner

by Barbara45 from DeKalb, Il on August 5, 2013

I found this car on Cars.com and did some research; I called the dealer offering it, went for a test drive and bought it. Despite the 88000 miles, this car was very clean, no body damage, and gets better mileage 29-30 hwy than my 2001 Altima. I got a good price, good trade in price and financing that fits into my budget. Very happy with my purchase. Even got the car fax; great overview of car history. I have had it one month and feel very safe in it. And I thank the Lord for leading me to it..............

The Highest Quality Car Ive ever been in.

by Retired launch team member. from Cocoa, Fl. on August 26, 2007

I have spent my etire life working in the defense and and space industries. Including the B52 bomber and the NASA Apollo and Space Shuttle programs. I know quality when I see it. The Kia Optima has it. Materials and workmanship are first class, and form, fit and function are near perfect.

It's an okay car for the money.

by Avid Car Lover from NE Ohio on June 22, 2013

I originally bought the car in 2007 brand new with only 3 miles on the odometer. I figured that it was a nice car, it had good safety reviews, a decent warranty and okay gas mileage, so why not right. I can tell you that I am an avid car but, I've been a vehicle mechanic for about 15 years now and u have one resto car and another custom project car. I like to think that I am serious about cars and what I do. Honestly, after getting this car, I will most likely not purchase another Kia in the future. Granted, I may have gotten the "runt of the litter" and I understand that; but I have had problems with it. And when you read this, keep this in mind; this car is 6 years old and only has 45,000 miles on it, I don't drive aggressively nor do I beat the car up. With less than 20,000 miles, I had to take it to the dealer for an intermittent "limp mode" issue and had to change out the front tires due to an alignment/suspension issue (only the tires were out of pocket, warranty covered the rest). At this same time, I suggested to the dealership that they check out the calipers on the rear brakes because they were sticking (and in my opinion (and expertise) were an issue). After the dealer tech inspected the rear brakes, he informed me that it was "normal wear and tear" and that nothing was wrong with the calipers. He suggested that I change out the pads (in which I did later that week at my shop). Fast forward 8,000 miles (28,000), I again had to change the rear brakes on the Kia (front pads still had a good amount of meat to them), at this point in time and the rear rotors started showing signs of warping. I contacted Kia Corporate because of the issue. Corporate advised me that "this is a normal wear issue" and was not covered by warranty. Fast forward again to 39,000; I again had to service the rear brakes (which ended up being a full service (pads, rotors and calipers). The rear rotors were warped, had the start of a nice groove on the inside and the pistons on the calipers did not move freely like they should. I understand that corporate will not want to give out "free" normal maintenance repairs on a constant basis, but hopefully now that I have sent them proof; people out there with similar issues can have this issue rectified. This car is by far not the worst car that I have bought, but from now on I believe that I'll 'invest' my money with a different auto manufacturer.

Does not recommend this car!!

Best car I've owned

by Kia lover from Lincoln, NE on April 9, 2017

I purchased this car in late 2009. It had previously been a rental car and had very high miles for the year. Flash forward to 2017, I have put almost no money into repairs of non ware items and currently have over 180,000 miles on this car. I can't believe how well it has held up over the years. The styling is still current enough that I don't feel like I'm driving a ten year old car. The biggest issue I've had is the headlights. Th y are so dim. I've tried many different bulbs and currently have an LED upgrade kit installed that makes almost no noticeable difference. The next step for me is to have the headlamp lenses professionally restored.

Value here

by mattinoh from southwest ohio on March 11, 2014

I bought my 2007 Kia Optima LX new in the summer of 2007, just broke 100,000 a few months ago. Let me tell you, I have found a good value in this car. My previous vehicles included a Chev Impala, a Nissan Maxima, a Mitsu Diamante, a Ford F150, a NIssan Sentra, a Honda Civic, a Dodge Aspen, and a Mazda B4000. I have kept this vehicle longer than any of the above. Why? First, it's reliable. Second, it's easy on my pocket (good gas mpg, low cost of maintenance, thus far no repairs other than maintenance). Third, it fits my needs as it is great for commuting to work. Fourth, it's a good balance between performance, economy, and smooth ride. Granted I maintain my KIa well and any vehicle will last if you maintain it. That having been said, I my daily commute easily consists of speeds over 75-80 on the highway. My expenses thus far have basically just been maintenance (tires, brakes, battery, oil, filters, fluids, etc). I have had several offers to buy it, but I just can't part with this car as i'm convinced it's going to run for many, many more years. My tip on this car, buy good tires, makes all the difference on the ride and cornering. Do the maintenance and expect years of service.

a good car to own

by kiaguy from charlotte nc on June 29, 2011

this car is loaded with value and displays excellent reliability in all areas of operation. I find the excellent gas mileage and smoothness of highway cruising especially pleasing. The air conditioner keeps the interior c chilly under the hottest conditions and the radio sounds rich and full as does the CD player. Trunk space is more than adequate as is leg and head room. I love this car.

Very Good Car

by keithomis from NC on July 7, 2016

I've had my Optima (year old when I bought it) since 2008. I've had nothing go wrong with this car. I change the oil, filters and other maintenance. The body style gets confused with the current VW Jetta all the time. I was apprehensive on buying a KIA but I was made a believer. So much I won't get rid of it. I used to trade often but this car felt right, year after year.

woow

by toto from on March 22, 2011

its fabulous i love it matek,its smooth on the road very affordable.good gas millage.i bought it used

2007 kia optima lx

by bob from ohio on May 12, 2013

bought mine new about 6 years ago. at almost 100,000 miles, only maintenance stuff so far. can't beat this car for the money. perfect car for day to day driving and commuting. mechanic tells me he sees these cars with 200,000 miles on engine routinely. I will keep driving it (at this point for free!!!! (no car payment)) for years. arguably the best car for the money I've ever owned. and I've owned many including Honda, mazda, chevro, ford, dodge, Nissan, mitsu, the list goes on.

1 2 3