2008 Optima

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Nice Car for the money!

by Korean Car Convert from Northeastern US on August 6, 2008

Had been driving Toyotas for years and thought it was time for a change. Overall fit and finish is outstanding and rivals it's Japanese competition, although overall exterior styling is somewhat "bland". The 2.4 four cylinder is peppy and really good on gas. The 5 speed automatic is smooth and the "Sportmatic" feature is fun to play with. I really feel like I'm driving a luxury car without paying the high price - very comfortable. The Optima has one of the best crash ratings in the industry as well. I gave the Optima "5 stars" for reliability more on the word of other Kia owners. I haven't had any problems as yet and hope to continue this trend.

Honest Value For The Money

by Mookie from Dallas, Texas on December 26, 2009

This is the second Optima I've owned, The 2007 is night and day better than the 2005, and the 2005 was very good. You don't buy this car for the handling of a BMW, but it's surprisingly competent, and the fit and finish are equal that of a Toyota or a Honda!

Amazing Korean Vehicle

by Furious Driver from Savannah, GA on September 28, 2008

The Kia Optima, I love how the guages have a cool blue look to them, its real nice. I got mine for 15K, 5 Speed, love how reverse is the first gear, and very smooth ride. I got the LX since I got a great deal on it. I would of loved to have the sunroof and the infinity sound system, but the stock speakers sound fantastic. It does real well on gas, and has a big tank, 17 gallons. Peppy, can get up to speed, I know its redline limited, and my four cylinder got up to 131 mph, so its shocking on the amount of performance you get. Handles well , but feels slightly heavy when turning, is my only drawback, and the new clutch is very light feel, so be careful new buyers. Other than that, great car for the price. Its a must have to try out!

Amazing Performance

by MadCity from Madison, WI on February 9, 2010

For the last six months, it has been very reliable, smoothe and roomy. The accelerator pedal gives me a prompt response in speeding up with power. I had one problem with it but which was due to my fault. On returning from my holidays I found its battery flat because its trunk lid had been left slightly open for a week.

My first foreign car

by Electron from Baltimore, MD on September 5, 2008

I love this car especially when I got it for $4300 cheaper than the Hundyai Sonata and they are identical automobiles. It has a pleasant ride and handles well. The standard 4 cylinder engine is spunky and all you need.

optima lover

by Thomas from Elkins Park, PA on July 28, 2013

Kia has made a huge impression on the car market with there vehicles. The optima I'd put stands tall right up against Toyota, Honda and any other dealers for reliability, performance and fuel sufficient not to mention STYLE.......Excellent car

Most fun car I ever owned.

by Swamprat from Carrollton, Ga. on September 28, 2011

I love this car, could not believe the power and handling of this car. Only problem with this car is one of the doors stoped locking and and unlocking with key fob.

Reliable and excellent handling. Hard to fix!

by Miracle Diamonte from Duluth Minnesota on March 25, 2018

My Optima has been reliable. Easy handling and good in snow and rain. Excellent acceleration. Had my mechanic redo the whole front and rear brakes rotors and a lot more. Only has 70.000 miles and purrs like a kitten. Good gas mileage. I'm looking to trade in for something a bit smaller as only one person and is suitable for a family.

Good basic car

by First Time Owner/Driver from TN on March 24, 2011

While not a sports car, this car is good for getting around town and I suppose for long drives as well. Good turning radius, good looks on the inside. If possible, I would opt for leather or get seat covers because the cloth seats are cheapish feeling and your pants stick to them making it hard to slide into the car. In my car, you can only adjust the seat forward and back and the angle of the back but nothing else which is kind of annoying. It gets about 25 mpg on average but the tank is small so it's cheaper to get gas. Overall a great car considering what I just wrote was about the only stuff bad with it. I'm a new driver and I must say its the easiest car to drive I have ever driven. Great first car.

Comfortable Reliable Ride

by Sedan Enthusiast from Atlanta, Ga on April 23, 2012

I'm quite pleased with my Kia Optima. I chose this car because it's roomy much like the car I previously owned the (Mazda 626). The performance level is quite high on this make an model so I feel quite safe in this car. I've had it for nearly 2 months now and I am wonderfully happy with my purchase. It's a 4 cly vehicle but it has lots of power on the take off which pleases me a lot when entering the expressway. All in all I think it's a great buy for those who are looking for a great value and a nice reliable ride.

1 2 3