2011 Optima

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Fantastic Value For the Money

by Jackyl from Valley, Alabama on June 2, 2011

I was sold on my first test drive. These cars are well equipped, roomy, and fun to drive. It only makes it better that they have excellent fuel economy and they stack up well with the competition in virtually every category. If you're looking for a great family car with lots of style, good looks, and thousands of dollars less than their competition - this is your car! Be safe and happy motoring...

Excellent car, excellent value

by paulp from Eastern TN on May 18, 2011

Haven't had long, but wow, is this a nice car. HID headlamps, dual zone ac, leather seats and some minor items you don't read about much like a gas strut that helps open the hood, interior lighting built into the bottom of the front arm rests etc... Have been getting very good gas milage, can't wait to take on a trip.

Best New Car for the Money

by Rose from Northern California on September 2, 2011

I have had my new Optima for over 6 months and love it more each day. I have had a lot of cars and many new ones and this one for the money gives you the best value. I purchased the navigation package and didn't know if I would like it, but it is so easy to work compared to most so I am glad I got it. The back up camera is also a nice feature. I didn't get the leather seats, but think the cloth is nice. The car gets good gas milage and I did think it was a little noisy, but not that bad and now realize it is the tires. Just went for my first free service with oil change and found out there was a recall on some electric component and might be why after 15 minutes into my drive today the doors locked. I told the service people about it and they said that could be the problem. In any case, styling is great along with gas mileage and after driving a Pontiac G6 that was falling apart, had terrible breaks and a electric steering column that would cost $1,500 to fix time and time again I am glad I bought this car. Right away people would stop and say "looks like a Lexus" and I would say, but its not and he said again, but it looks like one without the price and I agree.

Love it so far.

by Rob NC from Topsail NC on June 17, 2011

Was in need of new car after my third Benz. Test drove almost 15 vehicles and last but not least ended up at....of all places...a Kia dealer. Drove the Optima EX 2.4 and we loved it. The otions were that of an E class. AC and Heat front seats...great when you live at the beach like us.(well the AC). Drive is smooth and crisp with low inside noise. The touch nave is better then the Benz. Double sunroof is the same as a C and E class. infinity sound system is fantastic also. Trunk room is impressive as to others in class. The styling is outstanding. I have been asked several times what car is it, when people cant see the Kia name plate. Over all I Love it so far.... The price also makes it a no brainer. Oh I forgot the gass milage is FANTASTIC and at $3.80 per gal that helps.

Great Car

by Kia Fan from Annapols Md on December 26, 2011

For the money, you cannot get a better car. I got the loaded 2011 Kia Optima with every option and after rebates paid around 23K for leather, heated seats, aircondition seats, sun roof, nav system, infinty sound system with butt rattiling sub woofers, heating steering wheel, voice operating system that you can tell the car what to do... It's quick with direct injection and a warranty that cannot be beat...

So Far So Good

by Show Me The Money from Boston,MA on August 31, 2011

Well I must first preface my comments by saying I've only driven the car 2,900 miles (EX). But, thus far I have had no issues whatsoever. The styling is fantastic. The internal features are phenomenal. The only small critiques I have are the comfort of the Leather seats could be a little better and the engine power is a little lacking. But it is a 4 cylinder so you get what you pay for. The gas mileage is 25-26 mpg combined city/highway. Have not taken it on an extended trip yet. Overall very satisfied thus far.

Great value.

by Jayarr from Fenton, Mich on July 29, 2011

Way more car than I'd expected for the price. Looms great, great interior and loaded with features. I can play tunes from my iPhone, talk on it via blue tooth and love the heated steering wheel. Way to go Kia!!!

Fabulous Mid-Size Car

by JD of Boston from Boston, MA on July 29, 2011

The Kia Optima performs well beyond expectations based on what I consider really incompetent reviews by all the supposed experts. First, the supposed numb steering is simply a slight loss of response due to the use of more efficient electric motors over hydraulic. More importantly, the car corners fantastically and inspires confidence. Would a car with more responsive steering and inferior cornering like my prior Honda Accord be better, of course not. Amazingly, the ride comfort is also so good, it makes the cornering ability seem more incredible. The Consumer Reports claim that the car has much road noise is also bogus. The NEXEN tires that come with the car are noisy for the first few thousand miles and by 3000 miles no problem. I have 7000 miles now and the car is very quiet at all speeds. The NEXEN tires have few other quibbles other than not thrilled how they respond above 75 MPH so you may want Michelin Pilots or something more high performance. I also recommend the Nav system as it really makes the car by integrating everything and the back-up camera is great. The cloth seats blow away the leather seats so think twice about the EX model, leather was no where near as comfortable and slippery plus heated/cooled would be a must with leather. The car also makes nearly all other cars look antiquated. An SUV, Mini-van, or a pick-up truck seems like a stagecoach next to it, it is so sleek. With 7000 miles, no problems and it has the best warranty. FOR A MID-SIZE CAR, i DON'T SEE HOW YOU CAN DO BETTER.

2011 Optima EX - Best in its class

by Greg Pillerman from Fort Collins, CO on August 28, 2012

One and a half years and 15,000 miles into our ownership, my wife and I still love the car. After testing most of the mid and full size cars available (except luxury brands), we had no doubt this is the best for us, and we weren't wrong. We didn't think we would buy a new car due to the initially steep depreciation, but these major selling points convinced us otherwise: - stunning design (especially exterior, but interior as well) - highest safety rating (with its relative Hyundai Sonata) - great gas mileage (easily gets 40 mpg on 55 mph highways with A/C on) - long long warranty of 10 years & 100,000 miles (however, only when purchased new, be aware) The only (rather minor) dislikes we have found: - the Nexen tires it comes with have good grip even on Colorado winter roads, but they are very loud - rather small trunk opening, no problem for luggage, but can get challenging with a bigger stroller for instance - rear visibility, as with most modern cars; our toddler clearly prefers daddy's truck though because he can simply see more But again, love the car, definitely the best out there in its class, especially when considering value and options for the money.

Best Car I've ever had.

by Elton from Allentown, PA on July 31, 2011

By far worth it's price. Driving is Great & Comfortable. Great Power & Steering. Wouldn't trade it for ANOTHER

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 12