2014 Kia Optima Hybrid

It's the best forget all the rest here is the best

by from Mcadoo,pa on August 10, 2017

You want it it's there! Best car we had looking for a new one as speak love love Kia I could live in one honest.
Not Rated Reliability

1st Kia I Owned! Love it!

by from Green Bay, Wi on April 29, 2017

I traded out of Jaguar Van Den Plas. I'd drive a Kia and day of the week over a Jaguar! I absolutly love my Optima Hybrid. When my lease is due, I'm going to serious look at the Optima Plug-In. Can you say 105MPG?

Lemon of a car

by from Moapa, NV on April 15, 2017

Leased this car in late 2014, had problems with steering from the day I brought it home; has always been too much play in the steering, took it in multiple times for them to tell me it was "just how electric steering is - get used to it" Also the brakes tend to lock up anytime I brake while driving over loose gravel or those small road reflector bumps, sometimes just due to braking suddenly. They said the same thing about the brakes -- just how electric brakes are. I have had multiple problems with hybrid system. Power control unit had to be replaced in Feb. 2016, battery replaced in Jan 2017, and now the engine has failed (supposedly, due to sludge??) but the check engine light never once came on. I have never gotten the fuel economy it is supposed to get - averaging only 26-33 mpg. For a car that was supposed to save me so much money, I have had to throw more money into it than any car I've ever owned - on a LEASE!

Jackpot! Smooth, economical & stylish!

by from California on May 30, 2016

Smart purchase! Very happy so far! It took a little time to get familiar with the handling, but not a big deal. Mileage is averaged at 35-37mpg mostly city driving.

Kia Optima Hybrid delivers elegance and style

by from Indianapolis on May 9, 2016

My quest began as a search for my wife after driving a loaded 2004 Acura RL. There's a degree of luxury she had become accustomed to that I had to some how match. She also wanted something stylish and sporty looking along the lines of a BMW. Some unexpected expenses came that made us look for alternatives brought the search to Kia. I wanted the next vehicle to be also good on MPG and reliable. After researching and test driving, I felt comfortable to offer the proposed solution, but still hesitant. To my surprise, she was thrilled with the look and design, the comfort, the navigation system, the technology all within the Optima and I was pleased with the price. The front styling is aggressive enough to win most over. The interior design is top notch also, and won over the Fusion and the Sonata in my opinion. The passenger and rear seats sit a bit lower than others, so when she's a passenger she feels a little like a kid trying to see out the window, but all else are big wins with the ventilated seats both cool and hot! The trunk space is reduced to make room for the battery but has enough space for our family's activities. The car is very quiet and takes some getting used to. The ride is smooth and acceleration is good. Some of the newer cars that turn off at stop lights can be a little un-nerving, but the Optima handles that without a notice. The whole experience has been very positive. I can not respond to the reliability as of yet, but I am impressed with the manufacturer's warranty. The build of the vehicle and attention to details is very precise. I am very pleased (along with the wife) of our purchase.