2015 Optima Hybrid

5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid?

by Enzo221 from Gettysburg, PA on Tue Dec 09 2014

This is the second Optima Hybrid I have owned. The 2015 makes subtle improvements over the 2014. The transition from gas to electric and vice versa is smoother over the previous model, the ride is more quiet, and Kia's proprietary UVO system has been improved and is more user friendly and intuitive.The features and value you get for the money are without equal.The stylists at Kia seemed to have found a common ground between the sporty and the practical.The performance, such as handling, braking, and acceleration are really quite extraordinary; surprisingly so. My only complaint: I think the EV system is too sensitive to the RPM level; it should be able to spend more time in electric mode than it does.

Love the Look and Love the Gas mileage

by Nina G from Cape Coral FL on Thu Jun 08 2017

I really love my car. It is very comfortable and gets great gas mileage. Just has a little hesitation when making turns but otherwise drives like a dream.

2nd Kia Optima Hybrid!

by GSW510 from san leandro on Tue Sep 26 2017

Love this car I bought it again! Lots of leg space, the heated/cooled seats what won me in the '15 Ex. Love that my side mirrors fold in when parked.

Stylish Hybrid

by KellyM from Hingham, MA on Mon Mar 26 2018

This car is fantastic! I love the look and feel of it plus it's a hybrid so if you're concerned about your carbon footprint this is a great car to buy or lease. Plenty of leg room but you do lose a little trunk space due to the battery but still a great car for the money. I like not having to plug the car in and appreciate that it toggles between gas and electric use. Really sharp exterior and interior design! I brought it to a garage near my house for an inspection sticker and they said that the inside looked like an Audi! It's a sharp looking car that performs really well and it's better for the environment. I also like the fact that the side mirrors unfold and the interior dome light comes on when I approach the car. Great safety feature! I would definitely recommend this car!

Great car

by Kater714 from Huntington Beach on Fri Mar 30 2018

Its a great car, low miles and great warranty! Gas mileage is amazing and it's a smooth drive. The hybrid is a great option for all commuting.

Great value for the money

by Daniel M from Los Angeles on Tue Jun 23 2015

I've had this vehicle for over two months now. This is the first Hybrid I've ever purchased. Although I have extensive experience using various other hybrid models I felt the price difference was a bigger factor than the fuel savings I would be getting going with another brand. I researched extensively and found myself liking the look of this model versus the others. The Great- The body style of this vehicle is very nice. I have the LX which does not have the LED fog lights but does come equipped with the day time running LED's. Other than the smallish(16 inch) wheels that are equipped on this vehicle, I can't complain about the look. I've seen reviews mentioning the cheap look of the interior. I actually like the set up and feel that the design fits the car very well. I have the UVO system and it works extremely well. I also opted for the upgraded color screen which is fairly small at around 4.2 inches.(My cell phone has a larger screen) but it works well and adds a nice touch to the red interior dash lighting. The handling on this vehicle in comparison to other brands is much better. I can go around 35 to 40 at a tight corner and it feels sturdy at the wheel. The warranty offered for this vehicle is longer than the standard 36k/ 3 years. And for my situation, will cover the entire lease of the vehicle. The Good- I drive mostly on highway with no traffic and about 20% on streets in heavy traffic. I am averaging around 33 to 34 MPG. In real data I'm sure it's closer to 30 but for what I do, I'm okay with the lower fuel economy for being a Hybrid. When transitioning from hybrid mode to gas, there is a slight noise but overall, a smooth switch. And it has a very smooth ride overall. Drivers view from inside is adequate. I've been in vehicles where it's very difficult to see corners and this is not one of them. The back up camera is essential in my opinion. This is the first vehicle I've had that had one installed and it works extremely well. Bluetooth audio and phone works well and my smart phone integration is smooth. It is so much better than my previous vehicle. And the voice activation is awesome. It works really well. The Bad- I feel that the screen for the convenience package is still too small in comparison to other makes. Although all the new Optima models come with the new glass that blocks out sound, it is still as loud inside than my last vehicle which boasted nothing of the sort. The passenger seat is actually way too low and there is no way to adjust height on it. There are various posts in forums that point this out. It is not very comfortable for the passenger. Luckily, there is a vendor who specializes in Optima parts that carries a conversion kit so it will raise the seat around 1.5 inches which makes extremely better and it's not too expensive. The speaker system for the LX is actually pretty horrendous. I don't plan on replacing them or playing music excessively loud but I would like the ability to hear music with all of it's different ranges clearly. And this system does not provide it. For anyone who doesn't really care about music, this won't be a factor. Overall: If you are considering purchasing this vehicle, pay the extra for the convenience package. It will go a long way. Remember that this vehicle is best suited for people who are on the highway most of the time. If you spend your days in bumper to bumper traffic, you might want to consider a different option. Sit on the passenger side so you can determine if it's worth paying the extra for the conversion or not. Although there are some issues with this vehicle, I feel that I am pleased with the looks and comfort of the ride. And it still offers better fuel economy than standard vehicles in the same class. I do not regret the purchase at all.

Why did I buy a hybrid?

by BCME from Kansas City on Sat Mar 19 2016

This is my second Kia Optima first was a 2013 this one a 2015 is a hybrid...funny thing is the first one got better mileage by 8 mpg. They have replaced the electric drive motor controller, the motor and overall have had the car for 5-6 days in the first 10,000 miles trying to get it close to the published mileage I was very happy with my first Optima, not so much with this one

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car with great mileage

by Thirty9nholding on Thu Aug 24 2017

This car has everything I need. Just wish it had blinds pot mirrors. Have had no problems at all. I would buy it again

Amazing car

by MariaO from Mullica Hill, New Jersey on Sun Oct 01 2017

This car exceeeded all expectations and is amazing to drive and maintain. Fuel efficiency is out of this world. Would recommend to everyone.

Great car

by Vmaples from Waxahachie TX on Wed Feb 28 2018

I love my kia it's a great car I hope to purchase A different model next time I am out shopping Maybe the stinger or the soul

1 2