2017 Optima Plug-In Hybrid

4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

The best car I ever owned. I

by Freefree on July 21, 2017

I love this car. I had driven Prius before, but this is so much more exciting as I don't have to use gasoline on my short commutes. If you have short commutes, you would rarely need gas. It has very comfy inside, and rides very smoothly. Love it's technology as well. I'm very very happy with this car!

Love my new 2017 Kia Plug-In Hybrid

by C. Hampton Perry from Murfreesboro, TN on July 13, 2017

After driving Toyota cars for years I decided to believe all the positive reviews and try a Kia. It is an amazing car. As an engineer I am really impressed with the design and particularly the ergonomics. It seems Kia engineers thought through everything. Excellent, controlled ride, interior space is generous and comfortable both front and back. The controls are very intuitive and easy to learn and use. For the first 300 miles we are averaging over 70 mpg. This includes mostly city driving with some highway. I charge it every night in my garage. Very easy to do and on a 120 volt outlet. I plug it in around 9:00 pm and it is ready by 6:00 am. Takes less than a minute evening and morning. We have gone up to 34.7 miles on full electric if we drive carefully. It is kind of a game to see how far we can go. Your don't have to drive slow. The main thing is not to take off like your drag racing and keep the eco gauge in the most economical range. Also take full advantage of coasting. I have had the car for only 6 days and look forward to driving it every chance I get. I bought the Kia for my wife who is not a car nut like me. It is not typical for my wife to love a car but she does love her new Kia, especially the styling and how it drives.

1000 miles on my first tank of gas

by MovieHouseArcade from East Lansing, MI on October 30, 2017

who knew I could get 1000 miles on my first tank of gas. What a pipe dream I thought that was. Then on top of that it is a luxury car and mid range prices, leather interior, amazing sound system, and safety features that practically drive the car. Go for it, if you can find one!

Free charging stations!

by Liveocean from Oakland, California on March 28, 2018

My Kia Optima plug-in is beautiful, comfortable, handles very well, and barely uses any fuel - what more could one want in a car? Oh yeah - free charging stations in primo parking spaces! It's been fun to discover free charging stations with the Kia's charging station finder function - so far, Santa Cruz CA is my favorite. It has a couple free charging stations right downtown next to shopping, restaurants, etc. It makes my day to drive down there on the battery, plug it in, go to the beach or take a hike, and then drive back home on the battery. Who needs fossil fuels?

Kia Optima Plug-In performs better than others

by BobD from El Dorado Hills, CA on July 23, 2017

The performance of this vehicle is better than the 2015 Ford Fusion Engeri (Plug-in) I owned and other plug-in vehicles I test drove in its class. The adaptive cruise control and driver safety features work very well. The interior could have been little more luxurious for the price. This vehicle did not even come with a HomeLink for opening garages. The ride is smooth and it can respond quickly in a pinch. It is equipped with a WIFI router so you can connect to any WIFIs within its router's range. No wireless charging for the phone. Does come with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. In a summary , Optima Plug-in is a good car, good value, good safety features, could improve the interior trims and features.

Most reliable and fuel efficient car I?ve owned

by Fee from Valencia, CA on December 2, 2017

This car met all of my needs as far as fuel effiencyband comfort. I drive a lot so the fuel efficiency on this car is second to none. Lots of space and leg room too!

Nice comfortable ride. Saving on fuel and economic

by Jim from Fort Plain on September 28, 2017

Economic. Nice driving. Comfortable riding. A lot of safety features. Like the idea of the battery being able to charge while driving

Sips gas

by DMSMaven from Niagara Falls on October 16, 2017

So far, so good. I have only driven the car some 300 miles and have used less than 1/8 of a tank of gas, (so about 2 gallons I am guessing). The car is a dream to drive, if I have any complaint it is just a little sluggish compared to my KIA Cadenza which has upward of 300 HP so that is to be expected, but it is fine entering a highway and all around town. I get around 35-40 miles of pure electric on a full charge so that suffices for 85% of my driving, that would explain why I have only used 1/8 of a tank of gas in almost 2 weeks while driving it every day to/from work. The fit and finish is top notch, the controls and instruments are well thought out. All in all I am very pleased with the entire car

My DREAM Car!

by StevenCC from Granada Hills, CA on November 16, 2017

This car has every conceivable convenience and gadget--except an espresso machine. I'm currently getting 100 mpg and ABSOLUTELY LOVE everything about the car! This is my 3rd KIA Optima in a row--first was gas; second was hybrid; and this one, plug-in hybrid. They keep setting the bar higher and higher.

My Kia Optima

by amchenry1965 from Long Beach' CA on December 6, 2017

I love the vehicle, but to be honest, i have to take it in already. The gas gauge works when it wants, and when i brake, it makes noise. The car is a dream come true for me. It has everything i've ever wanted in a car. Except it doesn't have a cd/dvd in it. And i hope when i take it in, they get all the kinks out of it.

1 2