2008 Kia Rio consumer reviews

$10,890 starting MSRP
side view of 2008 Rio Kia
Explore the 2008 Kia Rio

Very reliable I must say

You'll underestimate this car but I must tell you it's a great car, bought it at less than 100 miles in 2019 but still running like brand new

Best Car I've Ever Owned

All I can say it is the best car ever. I have owned Datsun, fords, Chevy, and nothing compares to the reliability and comfort. My next vehicle will definitely be a Kia.

Yes the best

My kia rio 2008 lx has 234,000 miles already it is the best car. Who would think it lasted that long right but it sure still running. So happy

For my first car purchase on my own, zero regrets

So far this car has been perfect for me, bought it june of 2018 and it drives as if its brand new. Have had to do basic maintenance needs such as, new battery, tires, and oil changes, Also little cosmetic issues the black side panel was about to fall off (it is 10 years old) but some gorilla glue fix that with ease, and cost nearly nothing. It gets great gas mileage, and starts right up. I have noticed driving on the highway it almost seems the window is open cause of the wind the seals aren't great, but it's not a huge problem for me. So far driving in snow is decent, it is a small engine so it is what's expected. If you need a cheap reliable car, and you find a 08 kia rio with low miles take it, you wont regret it!

4.4

Great experience owning this car

Purchased new in 2008. I drove it, then my daughter drove it, and now my son drives it. Perfect car for commuting. Very good gas mileage. Still going strong at 80,000 miles

Great Car

This car has great space for a small car. It's very reliable and the gas mileage is great. I need to sell it to buy a van for my family but I will miss this car so much.

2.7

Horrible Window Seals

Poor design on door window seals. Both rear doors have windows seals have dry rotted and broken off in chunks. This causes a lot of annoying wind noise as you drive. In over 30 years of driving and having owned numerous vehicles, I've never had this in any other vehicle.

Surpassed my expectation!

To tell you the truth I was not expecting this type of reliability. Would love more leg room but this is because I am 6'5 so it is strange when I fit in car 100% comfortable. I have had the car for two years and never has it given me any type of trouble. Only taken to the shop for oil and filter change.

Reliable Car For a First Time Car Owner

This car checked every box on my list. Great fuel efficiency, low mileage, and very reliable. It handles very well and has all the necessary features to last for years and years.

4.1

Good car for the $

I get 32-40 mpg but normally around 34-35. Car has been pretty reliable - only issue I've had is the airbag light came on - (supposed to be a recall). Some road noise and the shocks could be better but typical of a car of this cost. The transmission is not as smooth when pulling off as it could be. Seems like it lurches to start. Otherwise an excellent car