2009 Kia Rio

Best car for the buck

by from Casco, MI on June 1, 2011

I purchased my Rio5 after needing to find something that had a decent fuel economy, but a large enough cargo capacity to fit a costume trunk. I tend to average out to around 30 mpg and do about an even mix of city and highway driving. The only feature that I wish would have been standard would be cruise control for the car. It has decent get up an go and it handles very well for a small car. I would buy another one of these in a heartbeat if it came with cruise control.

Alright in SNOW

by from NY, NY on January 19, 2011

Hey the manual gearbox in this car is alright in snow. Went to MA in a snow storm and made to destination safe and sound. MPG makes it a Green vehicle :)

Great with exceptions

by from Charlotte, NC on January 31, 2012

Great gas mileage! The manual transmission is fun to drive. Lots of trunk space. Hard to beat the price for basic transportation. The exceptions... Geared to low in 5th. 60 MPH = over 3000 RPM. Doing 70 on the way to Grandma's house reduced the fuel economy greatly. The seat belts in the back seat can get confusing when you have a child between 2 adults. Agghh!! No Cruise Control!!!

Economy but NICE

by from The Big Apple on January 18, 2011

Get the 5spd. over the AUTO for more control on the road. No problems thus far have driven it across states in snow, rain, and dry weather. Low emissions with the best MPG vehicle I've ever owned.

Value for money

by from college station, tx on March 29, 2015

Bought a Kia rio 2009 eight month ago, have put about 10,000 miles on it and I love it, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent, economical sedan with 34 mpg or even more. Not flashy but still attractive and dependable.

KIA/bmw

by from Houston, Texas on January 18, 2011

My little Rio is wonderful. Its my version of a BMW. I absolutely love her. She is white with a side piece of black on both sides. I love this car. She is zippy, pulls into small spaces with sooooo much ease and looks great too. I would definitly recommend getting automatic everything though. Thats a realllly hassle having to open each door manually. All in all though this car is perfect for me.

Great Little Car

by from Boise, ID on February 18, 2011

I bought the car new in July, 2009. It is the base model, 5 speed mt, no air, rollup windows, etc. I've had the car for 19 months, only drive it in the winter, have 9800 miles and have had no problems. I get 32-36 mpg in the city. It is your basic econobox but has a powerful enough engine, the tranny shifts fine, rides like a go-cart and is sort of fun to drive. We took it on one highway trip but this car, as optioned, isn't really a cruiser. I get better gas mileage in town than I did on that one trip.

Seller's Review

by from NYC, N.Y. on January 30, 2011

Most fuel-economy vehicle I have owned to date. It handles fine and shifts good. The original tires (M+S) rated tires got through the snow storms this on-going winter just fine.

I really have no problems with KIA's

by from Plano, Texas on August 20, 2010

This is only my second KIA but loved the other one. the other was a Rondo and loved the space. This one is a car and smaller then what I remember. I do wish it had more storage space, also the AC is not that great in this model. The sun visor is already pealing and it is only 3 months old.

Similar Models