Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2014 Rio

2014 Kia Rio

2014 Kia Rio

4.4

Have You Driven the 2014 Kia Rio?

Great little car

by Rocintherio from Washington on Fri Jul 22 2016

OK start with specs 2014 lx. AC, PW, PL, xm radio, and automatic. 1.6 GDI with active eco. LOVE the car. At first I was worried about acceleration, however if I want to pass someone there's no issues in manual mode. Using auto mode it has a wee bit of drag, but not horrible. My average highway MPG is 46, my in town mpg avg is 32. I decided to give Kia a try I'm at 40,000 miles and no problems to date. Our 2013 Chevy cruse was chronically in the shop which allowed for the inquiry into imports. KIA has really stepped up to make a good running product. I also have three kids in car seats which fit perfect in the Rio. So for value, quality, and performance I will never own a domestic again. KIA all the way. Maitance is also very affordable considering the warranty you get with the car.

My Rio

by Tuffnsweet from Graham, Missouri on Sun Oct 26 2014

. I love my new Rio! I can ride in comfort, which is so important to me. I did not know anything about the Rio's before test driving so when I returned back to the lot I got out telling the sales person that I really liked this one and wanted to know more about it. I especially like the fuel injection how they set it up there is no waste along with the eco drive it is going to be a wonderful vehicle for me and my family. Would like to say that my sales person was great in educating me as well the patients it took to go through the car thoroughly.

Great little car.

by Shamus Walters from Columbus O-H-I-O!!!!! on Mon Nov 24 2014

Excellent. I have had my Rio for 6 months and I enjoy it everyday. I have a 2014 Rio GDI EX. It came fully loaded for a reasonable price. I recommend turning the ECO setting off when getting on the freeway or when quick acceleration is needed. GDI engines run at high RPMs and HOT so I also recommend oil changes at 2500-3500 miles, and using a synthetic oil or blend would be best. This is an excellent "first timers", older drivers or second car for any family.

This car is great

by My first car from Salt Lake City, UT on Mon Dec 29 2014

I bought this car three weeks ago. it is awesome. It drives really well in the snow.It looks great. It is my first car. So excited to have it and the salesman was great. I would recommend this car if you are looking for something that is reliable and gets great gas mileage. Thanks.

First Car

by RioFan from on Mon Mar 06 2017

Very reliable first car, worth every penny. Not huge but definitely has enough space for everything. Handles great and has some great features. Overall beautiful car.

Good car for the value

by Carfer from orlando on Mon Mar 27 2017

I buy the 2014 kia rio used in 2017 whit 54k miles so far so good, good millage for the galon around 27 to 30 avarage for me , the only think that i don't like is the small back seat area other than that is a good car , it move fast when you ask for it will response fast , well overall is i will recommend this car for a first buyer whit a small budget to go it will surprise you!

nice car

by niteal from Bob bell kia on Thu May 08 2014

Bob Bell kia in Glen Burnie MD. No deal on the car overpaid about $2,500. Better car if the price was lower.

The best city car I could have!

by Taissa from San Antonio, TX on Fri Dec 01 2017

I love my Kia Rio! I've had other Kia cars before and they never disappoint me. Kia makes city cars that are affordable, comfortable and reliable. I've owned this Rio for 2 years and had zero mechanical problems. Only need to go to the shop for the scheduled checks and never had an issue. It is extremely economical, I drive everyday everywhere (welcome to Texas!) and still fill my tank only once a week... The AC is powerful enough to make it comfortable in the hottest summer you can picture (Hello again Texas!) and this does not mean a loss of motor power at all! I'm very satisfied with my vehicle and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a nice sedan to run around the city during the week.

The MPG is amazing

by Big Berd from Cedar Falls, Iowa on Fri Sep 29 2017

I travel a lot for work and was taking a beating at the pump. Now I am averaging about 40mpg and am not dreading the gas stations. The car itself is a lot roomier than it looks like it should be and my kids love it. The best purchase of the last 10 years.

Love this car

by Rockintherio from Washington on Tue Feb 20 2018

I was doubtful of the little red Kia Rio when I took it for the first test drive. However the little 1.6 blew me away with all the features and performance. 0-60 with no effort. It fits three car seats. It gets an average of 38mpg and safety is amazing. I swerved to miss a deer lost control and hit a guard rail. 35 mph impact to passenger side left small dent and paint loss. The eco is fantastic on long trips. The stereo is impressive. I am 6’2 and have tons of room. I bought it with 18,000 miles and recently hit 95,000 and still running top notch. I plan to go another 100,000 as the cost to fix anything on it is very low compared to other models in its class. My favorite feature of this car is being able to pass a Subaru In bad weather

1 2 3