2014 Kia Rio consumer reviews

Explore the 2014 Kia Rio
Shop the 2014 Kia Rio
4.3

Great Commuter Car

I drive this car for work 80 miles everyday. Currently at 68k miles. Absolutely no major mechanical issues. The little engine has a surprising amount of power, mated to its smooth shifting 6 speed automatic. I’m 6’1” and still fit “comfortably” inside. I did add a center console with armrest for more storage and comfort. My only complaints: -Door panels are hard plastic, not comfortable to rest your elbow. -Not much sound deadening in the car. A good set of tires is a must for a quiet ride. You hear everything. Overall this is an excellent commuter, spare car, or first car. Very reliable with great styling.

Pleasantly surprised

This vehicle is comfortable and reliable. It gets great gas mileage also.The trunk is roomy and the sound system is fantastic.i would recommend this vehicle

Very happy with the purchase

Great value. Comfortable. Handles great. Nice drive. Being a 2014 was expecting a radio with bluetooth but wasn't a deal breaker. Highly recommend for quality and reliability.

1.7

Problems with the 2014 Kia Rio

I have had problems with Oil burning out fast, and because I was the second owner, the warranty was rejected, ticking noise, it rattled since I had it, took it back to to the Car dealer several times, Took it a the car dealer a year ago they had no information on this car because it was new owners, of Toyota Carson dealer, in Carson, The car jerks, hesitation, pulling , Vibration, I have a private mechanic that fixed on this car all the time which is my witness because I can’t afford to take it to the shop all the time, on disability and still owes $8000 on the car. And I am stoke with a car that does not work properly, i’m afraid to drive it.

2.1

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!

I bought this 2014 Kia Rio in 2016, used, with about 20,000 miles on it and have had nothing but issues with it. It has poor acceleration, has acted like it was going to stall out before, started burning through oil at an alarming rate, and now at 65,000 miles Kia has said that it has sludge in the engine. They are also saying that my 100,000 mile warranty is void because I am not the first owner. I just found out recently that other 2014 Kia models were spontaneously bursting into flames and that Kia was being sued over it. I still owe quite a bit on the loan for this vehicle but I can't confidently drive it or put my kids in it.

2.1

The least reliable vehicle ive ever had in over 30

We bought the car and at 60000 miles the motor had to be replaced a piece of the motor came loose and went thru the oil pan causing it lose oil and the low oil light never came on

2.9

Nice car but issues

Was good when I bought new but now whenever I turn on the heater or defog there is a dusty smell that comes out of vents and chokes me. I've paid $160 dollars thru the dealer to have it flushed out and checked and still the smell is still there. i have to sell as i can't stand the smell. plus my battery has already needed to be replaced and panel on door panel is worn. This has never happened to any vehicles I have owned.

I love to drive since getting this car.

This is a nice-looking, comfortable, well-performing car at a very reasonable price. I have gotten lots of compliments on it, and I really enjoy driving since I got it.

Reliable and SO cute.

I went from driving a 2003 saturn ion, to a 2003 ford svt focus to this bad baby. After a car that broke down what felt like every other week, it was refreshing to finally drive a car that didn't make my wallet constantly cry. I didn't test drive the car before i purchased- i had a mechanically intelligent person do that for me. All it took was a picture of his cute exterior and an apt description and just like that I fell hard for him! He's the first automatic I've ever owned and I thought I would be sad because autos don't usually have that take-off kick that manuals do, but i was slightly shocked when i was at a stop-light, pressed on the gas, and was glued to my seat. I have a base model, and it doesn't have power windows or power locks, but neither did my saturn so it really doesn't phase me. The sound system is perfect without being too bass-y or unsmooth. The A/C and Heat system both work excellently without being too loud on full blast that you can't hear the radio. I was also shocked to see that the car had a very large trunk. I was able to fit a shopvac, a large backpack, a few small boxes, and some paintings in just the trunk. If you can afford this cute lil thing, i recommend it!

3.4

Not what expected

I bought the car new in 2014 for my sister , as of 2018 has 24,000 miles because she mostly used to take grandchildren to school and after four years already has enginen issues. Faithfully filter and oil change 5/20 every two months and is well taken cared. I do not recommend this car. Kia