2012 Kia Rio 5

Nice car, Pretty Slow.

by from Colorado Springs, CO on June 27, 2017

Ive had this car for almost a year now and its great on gas and its a really solid, cheap car. Only thing is its not built for speed. You'd have to put the pedal to the floor for a couple minutes for it to hit 75. Overall, its a very nice car.

Reliable car, poor quality interior

by from Inglewood CA 90304 on May 23, 2017

Nice car, good looking, smooth driving but it only last for 3 years. Exterior worn out quickly and resell is though and lower compare to Toyota and Honda. MSRP should be lower than what it is.

Great Lil Car!!

by from Chicago, Illinois on April 5, 2017

The Kia Rio, although small, packs a LOT of punch. It's fast, smooth, aerodynamic, and fuel efficient. Simple and sweet are the best words to describe this lil gem. :)

Non-traditional Driver

by from Calgary, Alberta on November 28, 2016

I am one of those drivers who expects a low price, but good value and performance. More than anything, I value utility and fuel economy more than styling and gadgets. My 2012 Kia Rio5 has been a steady performer for me. I do a lot of off-road camping in the foothills and mountains of Alberta and British Columbia. My little Rio has been with me along the way. I've added a trailer hitch, roof rack and roof box as well as carrying cargo inside the vehicle. I've been across Canada and the U.S. approximately 5 times now and driven on some of the worst roads in North America. I've also driven my little Kia off-road on the forestry trunk roads in Alberta to find some good random camping spots. Never stuck...never had a flat tire....never stalled or let me down. Oh, yes, it also gets pretty good gas mileage and looks good when cleaned up to take into the city for those business events. Finally, the leg room and space provided to the driver and passengers in the little Kia Rio5 is more than that in my 1980 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz....no kidding. The ride is definitely not a smooth as the Eldorado nor is the ride as quiet, but I have never taken the Eldorado off-road. Finally, it tows quite well. I limit my total tow weight to 800 pounds when driving alone and less when carrying passengers. Overall this has been a great car.

Great Car for the Money /Long Term Review

by from Florida on May 10, 2014

The Rio for the price can not be beat , have gotten many comments for people asking me if I brought the car from Europe as it has very European styling much like the Seat Leon from Spain. Have a red EX and could not be happier , traded a Mazda 3 for this and although could use more horsepower (Kia how about a 1.4 turbo) after 37,000 miles have had nothing but trouble free driving. With the exception of oil changes and changing the wipers after 2 years haven't had to do one other thing. My elderly parents prefer to ride in the Rio to their Altima as they say it is higher up and more comfortable. Agreed with folks that point out the seats are uncomfortable on long drives but remember folks that they are made of castor beans and 85% of this car can be recycled so you are doing something for the environment at the same time and many car companies can not say that... also in the past the problems were never the motors as Kia motors are know to last forever it was always the bodys that were no good , so it was for sure a win win situation for me to get this car and for the price with the standard equipment you get can not beat the price.

My Little Pillbug...

by from Austin on June 2, 2013

...is still a pleasure to drive after 17 months and +34,000 miles. I have the basic LX, mtx, no power anything...just how I like my cars. I've been to both coasts, and then some...and regardless of what the EPA claims, I *did* get 40mpg on my trip to Myrtle Beach & back last September (I-20 at 70mph). It's all in how you drive (the Joshua Tree trip did 35mpg, but that was at 80-85mph on I-10). My only real complaint is the hardness of the seats. They are a bit less noticeable now (after 15 hours in the saddle, comfort *can* become a real issue), but KIA could have used different material to stuff the seats. And Scotchguard (I did get the salsa stain out). The third generation Rio has the best look of the entire line, with the tiger nose grill and sculpted side panels. Sticker on mine was $14,525, whick=h is pretty good considering the standard equipment now included, like ABS, traction control, and four-wheel disc brakes. The electronic steering control was a little weird at first, but unnoticeable after a while. All in all, you'd be hard pressed to find a better deal nowadays.

nice

by from on March 28, 2013

bought at metro madison --- great dealership fun to drive --- love its looks son needed new car ro replace '91 buick (ouch) he is a happy guy!

So far so good

by from houston,texas on December 2, 2012

So far so good. I am still in the getting to know you phase. It is good on gas. There are so many bumps in the city, so far so good with the ride

Senior Citizen on New Wheels

by from Warminster PA on August 24, 2012

I love my new Kia Rio 5 and consider it a very excellent product for the money. For me there are many new features that I appreciate including the ability of the interior and experior lights to adjust themselves to circumstances automatically. It does not have the feel of a subcompact. The gas mileage, however, has been disappointing. I am averaging only 23 miles per gallon in suburban driving. The car has less than 700 miles on it and it may still be in the "breaking in" stage though I doubt that it will ever achieve the 31 miles per gallon combined estimate listed by the manufacturer. Overall I am pleased with my car.

Very good on gas.

by from N.E PA on April 30, 2012

Economical and fun to drive. Love the voice command phone system. Good technologt for a small price.

Our Expert Review: 2012 Kia Rio 5