2011 Sedona

2011 Kia Sedona

2011 Kia Sedona

4.4

Have You Driven the 2011 Kia Sedona?

Most Minivan for Your Money

by Q-Ship Lover from Northeast Ohio on Sun May 29 2011

The best-looking minivans ever built were the 96-00 Chryslers - sleek, stylish, lots of glass/visibility. Most newer minivans (especially Chrysler) have fallen into the trap of trying to look and act like a sport ute - blocky styling, sqared-off edges, limited visibility. Looking for a replacement for my 99 T&C Limited, the closest replacement I could find is the 2011 Kia Sedona EX. This is a trim, sleek minivan that doesn't try to pretend it's a sport ute. It didn't hurt that when you factor in the much better warranty, this Kia comes in four to five thousand below a comparably-equipped Chrysler, which in turn represents a better value than a Honda or Toyota van. This car's sticker is actually about two grand under my 99 T&C's sticker - not bad, considering over twelve years has passed and the Kia has tons of features the T&C lacks - power doors and gate, fold-flat rear seat, sunroof, satellite radio with USB input, 6 speed auto, and 91 more horsepower, delivering an average of 21 mpg for mixed city and country driving over 1400 miles thus far. Some reviews of this van would lead you to believe that it lacks refinement - not so! This is one quiet, smooth vehicle, probably the smoothest car we've owned since our 88 Prelude. Roomy, economical, quiet, and... did I mention FAST? Nothing beats a minivan for inconspicuous transportation; add 271 hp for probably the best power-to-weight ratio of any minivan, and you have the perfect Q-ship!

Great van

by My second Kia van from Hartford,ct on Mon May 23 2011

I bought this to replace my 2003 Sedona with 145000 miles. The 2011 V6 has some great acceleration even with 5 on board. Engine and wind noise is much lower than the 2003. The seats are very comfortable, folddown third row is nice. Its an EX with everything but the DVD. Satelite radio and GPS is excellent. Controls are easy to use. Infinity audio system is great with USB, iPod etc. I have experienced the electronic stability control in action during a recent trip. It was impressive. Avg MPG all around is 23, and I am not a slow driver. Great vehicle for long trips or just around town, kids activities or a run to home depot. I would do it again. Oh and I got 6K off sticker.

For the money, can't be beat

by tomerikac from Chandler, AZ on Tue Nov 22 2011

Okay, first of all, if you don't need a large truck to feed your big macho expression, can't afford the gas prices on a nice big SUV, and just can't see yourself sitting in a nice cheap sedan, a minivan is the way to go. Room, good gas mileage, and functional, functional, functional. Iif I had had another 46-47k to spend on a minivan, of course, I would have purchased a Honda Odyssey. But, I walked away with a 2011 Kia Sedona LX, 20k miles, (still 4 yrs of bumper to bumpeer) for well below $20k. Not bad. I traded in a 2006 ford F150 King Ranch and don't miss it a bit. Of course, the wife got the new Sedona and I'm stuck with her 2002 Sedona....in great shape.

Best used van deal in the universe

by preacherAV1611 from NC on Tue Feb 11 2014

I probably would not buy this new as it depreciates fast, but that means it's the best used deal ever. The Honda is the best new van deal, and the worst used van deal because it holds it's value so well you'll pay a fortune for an old van. I paid $12,800 for a 2011 LX with 38k miles. That's a bargain. The 2011 Kia rides much MUCH smoother and quieter than the Honda Odyssey (2005-2008) and it's like driving a muscle car with 6 speeds and 271hp. I'd say it handles equal to the Honda, although maybe slightly less responsive steering feel. The Honda's interior is definitely nicer, but the Kia LX has some really nice features for a base model (Bluetooth, TPMS, backup warning system, tiptronic shifter, USB and line input etc...). I love this van.

Great bargain

by Kate from Ben Lomond, CA on Mon Mar 12 2012

We've had our 2011 Kia Sedona for only a couple of months, so I can't speak to its reliability. But in every other way we're very pleased. This van seems to me the equal of the Odyssey or Sienna at significantly lower cost.

Love this KIA

by Gigi from Oak Ridge, TN on Tue Feb 17 2015

We have had our Kia for almost 2 years now. With 6 grandkids, and 2 on the way, it has been a life saver for us! Easy to get the grands in and out! Love the fold down seats! Love the look of this van! My husband loves the 21-22 mpg we get in the city and the power this van has. Best acceleration of any van we have owned, even with 7 people on board! Quite and comfy and the teenagers love all the electronic ports on board!

Great Vehicle

by Sedona Mini-van from Fond du Lac, Wisconsin on Wed Dec 05 2012

This van is unbelievably well thought out. I am still impressed with the features and the smooth ride.

Great Minivan for our Florida trips

by Bob & Mary, Sunday drivers. from Strongsville , Ohio on Sat Jun 24 2017

Used this Sedona Minivan for our three month stay in Florida. The van was great for loading all our things we needed for three month stay in Florida. No longer needed the van so we bought the 2017 Kia optima.

Uses car for Off-roading

Three Snaps in Z Formation

by ToyotaVet from Suburban Los Angeles County on Wed Jan 12 2011

Whatta buy. We needed a third car 'cuz Jr. was going off to school and was taking the commuter cruiser. We decided to replace our '04 Sienna w/145K miles and could not deal with the 4 banger offered in the new CE. Went to KIA, saw and bought. We got rebates: $2K for the Sedona and $1K since we owned the Toyota. Lots-o-features inside...love the satillite radio, MP3 inputs, and standard Bluetooth. The seats are a little firm but fit and finish is good. The new 271HP engine gives ample, if not scary ggggetty-up. The 6 speed tranny is smooth and the ride is tight. You can't beat the standard 10 year 100K mile warranty on the power train. We had to pay extra for that on the Toyota. So far I am happy happy happy!

tons of bang for the buck

by driving the wheels off from daphne alabama on Wed Dec 08 2010

absolutely love this ride. i drive all day everyday making sales calls and it is the best and most comfortable mobile office with low service costs and great gas mileage

1 2 3