2001 Sephia

2001 Kia Sephia

$432 - $6,212  MSRP Range
2001 Kia Sephia

3.5

Have You Driven the 2001 Kia Sephia?

good for the basic

by julz from NJ on Thu Feb 12 2009

I bought this car new in 2000. It is not the most attractive or high proforming car on the market. However, this car has bee totally reliable and cost effective. I think that I paid no more than $1,000 over 8 years for car repairs. great on gas! great car if you need to get to and from work. I gave the car to my daughter and purchased another Kia. Perfect car for todays market and gas prices.

would purchase another kia

by rick from pulaski,tn on Thu Mar 22 2007

The car has 124000 miles on it now and gets drove to work 53 miles one way and has not failed me yet real impressed after I put about 60000 of the miles on it my self.I am really a big dodge fan but love this car to keep up the good on the car.

"Runs like a sewing machine"

by Dave from Alabama on Wed Apr 23 2008

The car is small and a bit unattractive, but it is a great commuter car. I get 28-36 mpg Highway. Mine has over 110,000 miles and I have only changed the oil, brakes, plug/plug wires and a battery.The resale value is low, so it's a buyers market for a good cheap car.

Point A to B

by Kia Owner from massachusetts on Sat Jan 15 2011

Bought my '01 Kia Sephia manual trans. with 67K now have 110,000 and have only replaced tires and belts. VERY RELIABLE CAR always starts np.Very comfortable compared to riding on horseback. My 1 real complaint is the cheapo door latches can actually freeze up bad. I mean they can just not open at all sometimes!! But hey what do you want for just a few thousand bucks?

Reliable car

by Chaplain Dave from Bartlesville, OK on Thu Jun 02 2011

My wife bought this car a year before we married, & I was nervous because I'd never heard of Kia. This car has exceeded expectations! It endured a fairly bad accident in 2004, and it has continued on faithfully. Only negatives have been 1) have had to replace the alternator several times, more often than I think necessary; & 2) transmission finally went at about 160000. But these are the only issues we've had. Overall, the 2001 Kia Sepia has bern reliable for us.

tuff little car

by cowponies from Thaxton, VA on Fri Jul 03 2009

I bought my kia brand new in 01 I traded in my truck that I had gotten ripped off on and needed something to haul kids and friends in and dependable to and from work. I will tell you even though I now had a car it still worked like a truck. It has hauled hay, feed, been thru creeks, hay fields, hit 4 deer, raised 2 kids and dogs, traveled 80 miles a day to work and back in the snow and ice. It has never had regualar maintence work, just oil changes from time to time never changed the spark plugs and it now has 160,000 miles on it and still goes up and down the road. It is a little ruff sounding and the axels are bent from hauling feed in it. It gets great fuel mileage and the interier other than dirty dosent have anything wrong w/ it. It is a great little car for people who arn't looking for style but function.

Best Car Ever!

by Country Living City Working from Hastings, Iowa on Sun Jul 13 2014

We bought our girl in 2004. She is a 5 speed, 1.6 liter Sephia 4 door. She was born in 2001 and when we found her she had 64,000 miles on her, but they appeared to be mostly Interstate Miles. That day we bought her it was mid-July and 103 outside. I kicked on her air during the test drive and it was the coldest I ever felt. We bought her on the spot. Fast forward 10 years, it is now exactly 10 years later and she just turned over 353,694 miles. Yup, that's right. Over 350,000. We live right smack dab in the Midwest with some of the most extreme weather there is. So yes, we have rust along the bottom rails, we have had winter mornings where the doors froze and wouldn't shut, but a couple winter's ago we figured out how to fix that. She had got us through 6 foot snow drifts and survived a flood and a tornado. We have never had anything but general maintenance on it. We replaced the alternator once and the air conditioner compressor once; and a few batteries. I hit a deer with her once and had the windshield and hood replaced. That's it. We replaced her timing belt at 180,000, about 5 years ago. But, yesterday, she got very hot (thermostat stuck and I have only replaced the thermostat once) and I pushed her. I pushed her too hard! We now need a new motor, but I will not count her out. Please do not push it if the motor overheats. I trusted her a little too much and expected more than I should have. But We Will Fix Her!!! She is our little silver girl and I won't give up. I recommend to everyone - BUY A KIA!!! Thank you for the best little car secret in America.

Only made ONE major ?repair?

by FlipflopMawmaw from Centralia WA on Thu Jan 11 2018

Our Sephia?s life before us was as a rental car. We purchased this car in 2007. The only thing repaire-wise was the water pump. It had a ?hitch? with its transmission after a while but we didn?t fuss with it... it worked... This car was driven from southwest Washington state to New Orleans in 2010 and the return trip to Washington in 2013. The transmission gave out after YEARS without trouble. We got our $4500 out of it. We?d own another!

Boring car

by Econobox Hater from Norman, OK on Fri Jan 02 2009

Gets you from point A to point B no wow just buzz buzz ok if you can get it cheap but not the best car if it has over 100,000miles

Does not recommend this car!!

bad

by heather from moosup ct on Thu Jun 07 2007

the transmission went at 36,000 miles smoking, i bought it for the price even though my friends told me not to. the ceiling fabric started to come apart. and a co worker had the same problem but her plastic molding came off too.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2