2005 Kia Sorento

IT IS FANTASTICALLY OK

by from Nigeria on June 30, 2017

THE ENGINE NOW IS SMOKING AND NEED ANOTHER EQUIVALENT ENGINE TO SWAP FOR THE OLD ENGINE. AM USED TO THIS MODEL MORE THAN ANY CAR MODEL I UNDERSTAND THE MECHANISM AND ANY SYMPTOM OF MALFUNCTIONING

Uses car for Offroading

I love my Kia

by from Tobyhanna, Pennsylvania on May 17, 2017

Engine is quiet, smooth ride, it definitely meets my needs, for awhile I was looking for an upgrade to my subaru. I live in PA very mountainy, the Kia just devour the road.

Best used car I've ever bought

by from Snyder Texas on May 16, 2017

I think it's a good start for a family vehicle. We will definitely see if it stands up to the test of time.

Best car I have driven for its size

by from Chicago IL on April 7, 2017

Best car for the money considering its size and weight. The standard tires are a little small but adequate

Amazing car

by from Mashpee ma on March 31, 2017

Love this car so much!! Great smooth ride and comfort!!! Best car I have ever owned. It's is great and safe for the family. Extremely comfortable. 4 wheel drive is great for the northern winters as we...
Love this car so much!! Great smooth ride and comfort!!! Best car I have ever owned. It's is great and safe for the family. Extremely comfortable. 4 wheel drive is great for the northern winters as well.

Kia sorento

by from Weatherly, pa on March 24, 2017

Comfortable large interior, high up, safe, smooth ride. Radio controls on the steering wheel is nice! Sun roof is also a plus.

Ehhhh

by from Winston Salem nc on March 2, 2017

I bought this car used and I have had nothing but problems since day 1 replaced Kay barring underneath replaces joints in the drive shaft then got the crank bolt fixed on it and replaced 3 belts and a new battery, also needing breaks and did a tune up and now need not breaks I bought in March of 2016 and it's paid off now and it's not worth that much I've forked out close to 2,000 in repairs and I don't trust it on long trips so don't ever buy a sorento or any Kia at all, I should of went with Toyota!

What a Nightmare

by from Mesa, AZ on May 2, 2016

This car was a total nightmare since the day we got it. We purchased this car brand new in 2005, expecting it to be safe and reliable. While it was very safe, as it is basically built like a tank, it was not reliable most of the time. We got it, and decided to drive it out of town to a nearby mountain city, no phone signal. Shortly after, the stick for the stick shift started to shake violently, and the car was revving very high. We got within range of cellular service, and had the car towed, the drive shaft broke. With less than 250 miles on it! From there on out, until 2015, we replaced the A/C compressors four times, the intake manifold valves twice (that was fun on the freeway), drive shaft two times, U-Joint three times, power steering rack once, and power steering pump twice. This thing could take a beating though, rear ended another car going 50mph, and the worst was I knocked out a fog light bulb. Hit a pole once, and it survived. Was a little sad when I sold it in 2015 though. Only because all the money I shelled out in it.

If you like spending money

by from Southeast Texas on July 18, 2012

Bought this car used. If you don't mind spending $1500 a year on repairs alone buy one cause that's what I did. I bought the extended warranty to which NONE of the $1500 yearly expenses covered. AC/Belts CONSTANTLY/etc. Not sure what is more painful about this car...the pain in my wallet or the pain in my back from sitting in this UNGODLY uncomfortable car! I live an hour from the beach, and by the time I get there my back/butt are screaming in agony. Says a lot when my previous car was/is a Hyundai Tiberon (passed it to my kid and it now has 100,000 miles on it and STILL hasn't been to the shop...I guess because the KIA is in there so much is maybe why the Hyundai 2001 just rolled over that 100k mile marker!) So, in saying, I bought the KIA thinking it would be as reliable as the Hyundai....dumb me....not even remotely! What korean? Pass this one up and drive to the nearest Hyundai.

love my kia never had any problems with it.....

by from Gainesville on December 10, 2011

I bought my kia sorento in 2007 and love it i had to replace the front right blinker bulb. But besides that i love the car and would recommend this to my family and friends