2008 Sorento

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

KKKKKIA

by LovemyKIA from Lone Tree, Co on June 1, 2009

I LOVE my '08 Red KIA Sorento!!!! I traded in my BMW 328I and I absolutely could not be happier!!! It is sooo roomy & comfortable and the body style is sooo pretty!!! I couldn't be happier - The absolute BEST car I have ever had (i've had an explorer, a blazer, a paseo, a bmw, a samarai, a mustang, a pulsar etc)!!! I know of 1 family that actually bought 3 of them (Crazy, I know) but after driving my easy-riding beauty.... I see why!!.. The BEST financial decision I have made in a long time!!! This car with its killer warranty is just absolutely Dreamy!!! Now... Quit looking and go get your Sorento!!!

Best Car for the Money, Period!

by Sargeinva from Bluefield, WV on January 23, 2012

This is our third KIA. One Sorento, one Spectra. We have the 3.8 litre V-6, auto transmission. Wish new models had 3.8 V-6, lack thereof will possibly keep us out of another Sorenoto. Mileage is always over 20mpg, especially with non-ethonal fuel. Original tires lasted for close to 40,000 miles. Never any problems, except for weak AM radio signal. Ergonomics are super, seats most comfortable, ride is great. We plan to pull a 4,200lb camper, "book" states it can handle 5,000lbs. We shall see. Can't say enough about this wonderful automobile!

Best car I've owned.

by Sanz from Atlanta on June 14, 2015

2008 sorento with 178,000 miles, with all the original parts still working. This car is in destructible, I use it for my work and all the outdoor activities I do, incuding lots of 4 wheeling, I've mistreated it all the way along,but yet, it is still going strong . I've owned Nissans, durangos, BMW s, Land rovers, but this sorento is just something else.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Great Bang 4 the Buck

by VW GTI 2005 Guy from Hayward, CA on May 1, 2009

I bought a used Sorento and love it. When merging on the freeway, acceleration is impressive. Some engine noise from the "throaty" 3.8L V6, actually sounds sweet to the enthusiast's ear. Ride comfort is great, decent warranty, havent put 4x4 to test yet. Cheap interior, but clean design and simple, not overly artistic or spacecraft like. Great car, get a used one and save thousands.

Pretty Good Car for the Wife

by Long Time Car Lover, Roanoke, VA from Roanoke, VA on March 3, 2012

I purchased our '08 Sorento in Nov of '09. Mainly purchased for my wife, I've had more than a few opportunities to drive it. Being a sedan man all my life, I find the Sorento a very good vehicle, especially considering the price. Gas mileage is pretty good for a SUV (around 20 MPG). Space is adequate, although my long legs require a periodic stretch on highway trips. Stereo is pretty decent and simple to operate. The warranty is a Godsend for worry free driving. Overall, I'd buy another one, but, the newer model appears a bit large for my taste. If it came to that, I would probably consider the Sportage.

Awesome Value

by hawk fan 1 from Johnston, Iowa on July 18, 2011

I've owned my 2008 Sorento for a few months now and I love it. Acceleration is great and it has comfort and style to match the more expensive mid-size SUV's. Would definitely recommend to a friend.

5 Stars across the Board

by RaySan from Mancelona on December 12, 2008

Why do I give my Sorento 5 stars, I say? Well, it is all true. I don't understand why the professional expert reviewers of this car are so cruel when they don't even own one like the rest of us Sorento owners. WE should be the ones you should be talking to, and not just a few. I LOVE this midsized SUV. There is nothing I didn't like about it. I got a nice looking SUV that gets good gas mileage, solid to drive, comfortable, and I am proud to own a KIA. The other brands are so stuckup against the KIA, and actually are afraid of it's competition for a quality vehicle with an outstanding warranty to cover any worries IF reliability is your problem. Don't listen to the negativity about the Sorento 08, people. I have had so many compliments that I can't count them all. My sister in law bought the EX, and I havethe LX.I bought the Bright Silver exterior paint, and it is very classy.The Sorento takes the road nicely, and it is quiet as well. I have nothing bad to say about mine.......

Great SUV for the money

by RAD1959 from Cumberland, RI on July 13, 2010

Great power, ride and quality. Sporty design with great lines. Fuel economy a little questionable, but overall very happy with my Sorento LX Sport Edition

no issues since I've owned it

by kathaudio from Denver, CO, United States, All Airports (DEN) on August 8, 2017

Put 140,000 with no issues other than regular maintenance. It is roomy and drives great. Only selling because I am treating myself to a new car.

Extremly under valued vehicle

by Dustin from Ogden qc on November 29, 2017

As everyone else has said "love it", amazing 4x4 capabilities especially in 4 low, 2008 was the last year that it was on a truck frame so better imo than any newer year which is a unibody, which means weaker frame, a truck frame is a truck frame not a car frame. I also have a Audi A6 and love that car to, but am always happy to drive the kia. Quattro is great, my only complaint is not havind ESC in 4x4 on Sorento, you have to be in 4x2 for anti skid control. Great car, great value and fun to drive because in 4x2 you are in rear wheel drive. Highly reccomend.

1 2 3 4