2010 Soul

2010 Kia Soul

2010 Kia Soul

Have You Driven the 2010 Kia Soul?

The Best Safe Car To Buy Your Kids (or Yourself)

by Very Relieved Father from Washington DC on Fri Jan 29 2016

I know this is not your usual review but hopefully someone will read it and buy this car for its survivability. I may have been one of the first to buy this car because Geico did not even know it existed. I am a big man 6'3 and about 350 but I fit easily into the drivers seat and was able to get out of the car as easily as getting out of my Van. The only complaint I had about the car was the bluetooth phone buttons on the wheel were somehow programed in French and nobody was able to reset them...ever. (That and the car is what it is...a small little car that will make you wish for that one extra gear on the highway which would have made long trips MUCH more enjoyable) The point of all this is that by Thanksgiving of 2015 I had 78,000 miles on it and had driven it from Washington DC to Orlando several times...the last to let my youngest son borrow it while his truck was getting fixed. My son took it to visit his brother for Thanksgiving and in the last intersection before he got there this lady decided that it was ok for her to turn left and essentially T-boned him right in the drivers door and back seat door.....hit him so hard he spun like a top and hit one of those big boxes that controls the lights....the drivers side looks like it got hit by a wrecking ball...the rest of the car looks pristine. My son walked from the accident from bruises caused by the seat belts and not another scratch. So....when the dust settled you can bet that I am going to use the insurance money that I get to buy another Kia Soul....and if you value safety in a car that looks awesome and runs circles around the Box Car then this is for you. If you want pictures I would be happy to post them

LOVE THIS CAR!!

by Kat from Florida on Sat Jul 03 2010

2 months ago, I got the Soul Exclaim-and have just had a blast with it! It is roomy (my husband is 6'2 and can easily sit in it) and fun to drive and has a nice bit of zoom to it. The sound system is great and I love the speaker lights! I like the look of it and especially love my sunroof! If you are looking for a fun, zippy car to drive around in with great safety features, this is it! I got the fabulous green color called Alien! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!

Good Value for the money.

by Reno from Silver Spring Md. on Sat Aug 27 2011

The Kia Soul is a good vehicle and a great value for the money .With a 100,000 mile warranty on the powertrain makes it a smart buy. The plastic scratches easly but your not buying a car, this is more of a utility vehicle where you put items in and out of it and it will scratch the plastic. I bought the top of the line one which they call the ! it is loaded with features that you pay more for from other car manufactures. The ride does take some getting use to. Remember this is not a car this is more of a light utility vehicle that is good on fuel. In my opinion buy the upgraded package with the sport shifting package (automatic,clutchless manual transmission )you will be happier with this choice and the 2.0 litre engine. I get 32 miles per gallon on the highway an 26 in the city which I feel is good for the type of vehicle that you are driving. Kia has come a long way from what they use to be so do noy shy away from them.

FUN, SPORTY, RELIABLE, FUN

by 2010 SOUL OWNER from Philadelphia, Pa on Mon Jul 23 2012

Enjoying driving again. Love to open the sun roof and just let the air flow, hardly ever use the air. Just the right height, seats are very comfortable and allow you to bring your legs into a very comfortable sitting position. And lots of room under break pedal to stretch out. Has been great for my legs and hips on long trips. Great on gas and carries five adults very comfortable.//ch

GREAT RIDE! Big FUN FACTOR!

by MikeyMikeQue from Minnesota on Tue Feb 16 2010

I've been driving my new 2010 Kia Soul for a few weeks now and I have to say it's high on the FUN factor. It's like an adults GoCart on STEROIDS. There is so much to like about this car. Lots of great tech features, sits up so I feel like I'm driving a small SUV, all the knobs/buttons and tactiles feel solid and quality, LOVE how the console and speakers light up at night, the heat comes on fast and gets HOT (I live in MinneSNOWta btw), stable on the snowy or wet roads, tinted solar back windows for privacy, awesome stereo AND my insurance went down $100 because of the high safety rating!!! The warranty is one of the best also. I got the alien green but my friends call it Mint Sherbet or ECO GREEN. Sat in the backseat and am astonished with how much room is back there for my friends. Anyways, the only flaw is the plastic on the side doors can scratch if you aren't sorta careful but otherwise I'm thrilled, THRILLED to have this car. It was well designed both inside and out.

So far

by soulman from Erie,PA on Sat Jul 04 2009

I bought a 2010 KIA Soul base model on April 4 and I'm very satisfied with it. I've put 3,000 miles on it so far and am averaging about 33mpg highway, 28mpg city. The car is comfortable for short trips, but needs firmer seats for long trips. The standard transmission shifter feels like it is mounted in mush and it needs to be geared higher for high speed interstate highway driving. There is plenty of room for cargo and passengers for such a small auto. The ride is okay, the performance adequate, brake and clutch feel are good, and it seems to handle quite well. The interior is layed out with all controls and gauges well layed out, but it needs an oil pressure and ammeter or volt meter also. The exterior styling is too busy for my taste. I was shopping for a 2005/6 Scion xB, but couldn't find a good one locally, so the 2010 Soul at only $1,000.00 more than the 2006 xB and with a 50,000 mile bumpe to bumper, and 100,000 mile warrenty seemed like a pretty good deal. If you are looking for a practical little box on wheels, I'd recomend you check out the Soul.

Soul of the Machine

by Soul! Machine from Cincinnati, OH on Mon Feb 22 2010

This is you your Soul? Well it might be. I was for me. I owned a 1/2 dozen different cars but this is my first new car. The Soul looks cool and with 18 inch wheel drives very sharply. The interior is great with an intense sound system and great features like Blue Tooth. Mileage is less than I hoped for with my average of 24.1 MPG in mostly city driving. I like/love this car.

Best car!

by Soulsista from michigan on Wed Feb 01 2012

I bought this car instead of my usual Ford(s). I qualify for the A/Z plan at Fords and have been a loyal customer for 30 years. The Kia Soul has the exact same engine as the Ford Aspire, so if Fords can compromise their loyalty, so can I! First, I love this car. My husband and 2 teens do, too. It is comfortable with 5 adults in it, plus you can haul almost anything in it. We have even snapped drywall and loaded it in the back, seats down. It gets great gas mileage, has a great stereo, warms up fast and puts out a lot of heat in the winter and air in the summer. I have had no mechanical problems whatsoever. I don't feel like I'm in a "small" car when I drive it. My daughter called it an SUV. We would by another one, and wiff deff look at other kias in the future.

Great car!

by Bucks Fan from Columbus, GA on Mon Feb 22 2010

Good ride for the small wheel base. Great visibility and decent gas mileage. Young looking and sporty.

LISA

by Lisa from Walnutport PA on Fri Apr 09 2010

I have really shopped around for about a month, and drove a Scion XD, Toyota Matrix, Yaris, Chevy Aveo, and the Honda Fit before I decided to purchase a Kia Soul. For what I paid for the soul I was extremely "HAPPY" especially for all the nice features you get with it! Sporty, lots of interior room, Great features inside even for the "plus" model you get so much for the money!!!! And it's fun and really nice to drive. I went from a Honda Element that I had for 3+years. I really can't believe some of the attitude I got with the better dealerships, I really walked out disappointed and frustrated that they treat you like that. I would definitely recommend the Kia Soul. and the dealership!!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Our Take on the 2010 Kia Soul

For a guy in his 20s, I am terminally unhip. I checked out this week's Billboard chart toppers, and I remain skeptical that Flo Rida is anything but a Sun Belt state. It's safe to say I am not one of the trendsetters Kia pegged to drive its 2010 Soul, a new hatchback that goes the way of the Scion xB and Nissan Cube. These cars are supposed to be cool.

Is the Soul? Perhaps, but as it turns out, the question is irrelevant. Whatever you think of its styling, it's hard to debate that the car packs a lot of value for the money, even for a value-oriented econohatch. That should appeal to plenty of buyers, hip or not.

Trim levels include the base Soul, Soul+ ("Soul Plus"), Soul! ("Soul Exclaim") and Soul... Read More