NEW
Take our quiz & meet the car you’ll love.
2014 Soul

2014 Kia Soul

2014 Kia Soul

4.5

Have You Driven the 2014 Kia Soul?

Spare Correction

by Little Sam from Missouri on Mon Oct 19 2015

I've had a 2013 Kia Soul for about 18 mos now and really like it for the most part. I noticed several other reviewers complaining about no spare tire and am wondering if they have the extra cargo compartment under the cargo mat and don't realize that it comes out to reveal the spare tire area? Our car came with a spare tire so can't imagine why several of the reviewers think one isn't available.

I LOVE my new Kia Soul 2014

by Scarymary from Tulsa, OK on Wed Feb 18 2015

I never knew when I walked into our local Kia dealership that I was actually going to get a new car. I was still just looking and comparing different makes of cars. I worked with a great associate. I had a budget and he showed me what I could get for my money. He was polite, respectful and genuine as he gave answers to my questions. I especially appreciated how he pointed out features and explained how the 2014 Kia Soul would be a good fit for me. I would give 6 stars, if I could! :) I am totally satisfied with my Kia Soul.

Kia Soul 2013

by Admiral from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia on Sat May 30 2015

It is like KIA said what vehicle would Jim, like to drive when he retires from business. The Kia Soul had a subliminal message. We made this for you & they were right. I have even named mine. I call her Vicky & take a lot of gallery comments from my wife & daughter. After driving GMC Sonomas & a Jimmy for 15 years I am enjoying the better gas mileage & having a vehicle I don't have to trash with commercial cleaning equipment. I will probably buy 1 more vehicle in my lifetime. It will be either a new Soul or a Cooper Estate wagon.

2014 KIA SOUL +

by Gregor from Washington, DC on Tue Dec 02 2014

Initial impressions of this vehicle were good, but in a short amount of time, issues with the blower motor, wind noise, performance, and interior became apparent after only two weeks of real-world driving ownership. Firstly, the automatic transmission is too soft as it hesitates and loses power when shifting from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th under normal acceleration. While the vehicle is rated at 164 horsepower and 151 lb. ft. torque, acceleration is surprisingly strained and underwhelming, suggesting rated numbers are likely inflated. Steering is vague, and although there are three different electronic steering options, being comfort, normal, and sport, selections only result in steering wheel weight change while there is no difference in actual steering responsiveness. Brakes are OK, but braking feel is vague and not linear. At highway speeds, especially between 50 and 70mph, wind noise/wind turbulence is very pronounced along the driver-side window area; surprisingly, this noise, reportedly normal, is not exhibited along the passenger-side window area. Overall cabin room/space is good although visibility is poor given large pillars obscuring views. Overall, the KIA Soul is an average vehicle whose low price benefit quickly diminishes when purchasing anything above a stripped down base model. The 2014 2.0L auto boasts 22 more horsepower and 2 more gears than the 2010, but the new 2014 model mpg is no better real world than the 4 speed, lesser powered 2010 model. Bottom line, the 2014 KIA SOUL is at best an average vehicle because it has truly lost some SOUL compared to earlier iterations that should have been refined and improved.

Does not recommend this car!!

I love my car!

by Yellow Soul from Cincinnati, Ohio on Mon Sep 01 2014

Bought a 2014 Kia Soul Plus about a month ago. I absolutely love my car! I really like the hands free phone controls, although I try not to use my phone too much while driving. Feels very roomy and I am always amazed at how many groceries will fit in back. I love to storage compartment for storing dishes I am taking to other 's houses. Only complaint would be visibility around back pillars. They are thick. Mirrors help, and I am fairly cautious of this anyway, as I am older and neck mobility is less due to surgery. Car is fun and I love the yellow color. Easy to find in a parking lot! Glad I moved up to the slightly larger motor, although I didn't feel a big difference test driving each. Have not had any problems in the short time I have owned it.

Feature Packed, Value Priced

by Soul In Love from Tucson, AZ on Mon Aug 18 2014

I bought my 2014 Base Auto 1.6L Silver Soul in May of '14. I immediately loved the room and all the feature content that came in the base model (auto). I originally wasn't even considering this car; I went to the Kia dealership looking at a Forte and when they went to run my credit, I wandered around the lot and spotted the Soul. I didn't even think of considering it because I thought it was out of my price range! When I walked over I was pleasantly surprised at the sticker price and when the salesman came back I said "I WANT THIS ONE!l" I noticed the room and all the features that came with the car (bluetooth, 4 wheel disc brakes, alloy wheels, illuminated vanity mirrors.) To me this thing was LOADED (although you can really get the Soul "loaded' with NAV, leather, etc.) I also loved the way it drove. Felt like a Lexus; it was extremely quiet and SMOOTH. I felt like I was in such a expensive car. I loved the soft-touch dash and side panels, not to mention the amazing build quality. When you shut the door, the car has a great quality "thud." I could ramble on and on about what I like but I just love all the value this car has to offer at such a great price. There are many models to choose form but if you're on a budget, check out the "base." I would hardly consider this car a "base" anything!

A great car value wise.

by Self Driver from Pennsylvania on Fri Jan 09 2015

I like this car. Its a smaller car than what I've owned previously, but seems bigger from the inside. It has a great upright and high seating position that's easy to get in and out of. Front and side visibility is excellent. Rear visibility is okay. The seats are supportive and comfortable, if not cushioned. It is deigned very well ergonomically and offers great value with everything you need even in the base model. Ride and handling and quietness are surprisingly good. Its a little noisy under acceleration but quiets down when you get up to speed. It does also hesitate a little at lower speeds when accelerating but is fine when you reach highway speed. Its not a race car. Value for the money is outstanding. If it had a little more cargo space it would be perfect. But passenger room is still great. Fit and finish and material quality are tops for the class.

Good Car for the money

by Common Since Car Enthusiast from Findlay, Ohio on Sun Aug 24 2014

I'm 6 foot 1 inch and 270 pounds yet I have room to spare in front seat and back seat. It gets great gas mileage and plenty of get up and go especially getting on the interstate. Really I like the design of it and the flaming red with black interior really knocks my socks off.

2013 soul owner

by soul-lover from Southern, Ohio on Tue Nov 11 2014

I bought a 2013 base soul with 6 speed manual and it is worth every penny. I have around 35,000 miles on it because I drive an hour to work everyday. I average 33-34 MPG and I drive 75 mph down the freeway. I have had absolutely no issues with this car. Only small complaint is the cheap tires they put on from the plant side. they are horrible in the snow and since I live in Ohio, I replaced with some good ol' Goodyear all weather tires and now I have way better traction. Also, I use 5w30 synthetic oil instead of the recommended 5w20. Anyone looking for a great deal, gas saver, and fun vehicle, I would highly recommend the Soul.

Stylish and A Great Value

by Big Al from Chicago, IL on Sat Mar 22 2014

I bought a 2014 Kia Soul with the Alien color a couple of weeks ago. It is by far the coolest vehicle I've ever driven! I love that the interior warms up quickly, especially driving it at the tail end of a brutal Chicago winter. It also plows through snow easily. I also love the Bluetooth and sound system which is easy to use. Very comfortable to drive. You sit up high like a big SUV, but when you get out, you wonder where is the rest of the vehicle? If you are looking for a stylish and a good vehicle for the money, I highly recommend the 2014 Kia Soul.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21