2014 Soul

2014 Kia Soul

2014 Kia Soul

4.5

Have you driven the 2014 Kia Soul?

Great car...great safety

by Scott K from Dallas, TX, United States on Fri Jul 31 2015

We researched the purchase of the 2014 Kia Soul extensively and have not been disappointed. There are a lot of posts about the car and I'll not add to that, but one area that hasn't been discussed is the safety of the vehicle in a crash. My wife and I received a call from my daughter at 5:15 AM. She had been driving to a summer job and a guy ran a red light and broadsided her Kia. She said she and her friend were OK and we rushed to the scene. To our surprise there was nothing left of the front of the car with the exception of the engine block. The side impact had literally destroyed the front of the car forward of the passenger cabin. It was amazing that there were no injuries and upon further inspection it was clear why. There were approximately 10 airbags that were deployed during the crash..both high and low. To my surprise there were lower side airbags protecting hip and legs. Safety rating is something I would definitely consider above styling and features but the Soul has both so it's a win-win.

Dream about Kia

by kamusiime from Uganda on Thu Jun 12 2014

For the money I believe this is one of the best choices out there. Just bought a 2014 automatic 4 cyl model and drove 1100 miles from Calif to Oregon over the Siskiyou Pass (Mt Shasta). Car did great, - averaged 31 on mountains and got 34 mpg on flats. Plaenty of power with the six speed transmisson. We were able to get a three wheeled handicapped scooter, two large suitcases, a man fan and some other things with the back seat down inside the car. Alot of standard features, bluetooth and Serius radio. Car is fun to drive, steering is firm on straight but ez on turns, not like those old fingertip powering steering cars you find. We came from a dodge caravan, this is much better, ez to park, a ton of leg room and surprisingly comfy. I do not think it is bumpy at all, maybe compared to a Lincoln Towncar perhaps. The 2.0 may be a better choice for some people but the smaller engine we have has plenty enough power for most people. Drive one, you will be surprised at what you can buy for under $16,000.

Went from a Mini Cooper to the Soul

by Midori, the green Kia Soul from Monterey, CA on Fri Jun 13 2014

After driving a mini Cooper for ten years, I must say the change was difficult at first. But now I love my Kia Soul. It lacks just a little in power ( I got the smaller engine ), but the ride is very comfortable. The visibility is fair ( again, not as good as the mini ). The interior is great, and the space perfect. The only thing I'd knock is the back seats hit the front ones when you put the seats down. Even with the head rests down, they still touch the front. I wish they would have included a CD player with the satellite radio, but I love having the media player. The car handles well, and is very smooth. My mini had trouble getting into reverse, so it's nice to have a car that doesn't hassle me when I shift ( I got a manual ). Overall its a great start to another 10 years of happy driving.

Spare Correction

by Little Sam from Missouri on Mon Oct 19 2015

I've had a 2013 Kia Soul for about 18 mos now and really like it for the most part. I noticed several other reviewers complaining about no spare tire and am wondering if they have the extra cargo compartment under the cargo mat and don't realize that it comes out to reveal the spare tire area? Our car came with a spare tire so can't imagine why several of the reviewers think one isn't available.

I LOVE my new Kia Soul 2014

by Scarymary from Tulsa, OK on Wed Feb 18 2015

I never knew when I walked into our local Kia dealership that I was actually going to get a new car. I was still just looking and comparing different makes of cars. I worked with a great associate. I had a budget and he showed me what I could get for my money. He was polite, respectful and genuine as he gave answers to my questions. I especially appreciated how he pointed out features and explained how the 2014 Kia Soul would be a good fit for me. I would give 6 stars, if I could! :) I am totally satisfied with my Kia Soul.

Great Beach Car

by Just Another Person from Texas on Tue Dec 23 2014

I left my pickup truck at the beach in Rhode Island (my second home) and drove back to Texas with my wife in her MB E350 Coupe. I needed a car for running errands back in Texas and chose this Soul+ Clearly, the Soul+ is no Mercedes but I am very surprised at the comfort of the ride, the relatively low noise in the cabin while driving, and the spaciousness of the cabin. I am going to mount roof top luggage racks on it and it will be my alternative to a pickup truck when I run to home depot. Next summer, I will take it to RI where it will serve as the family beach car. I've only had it for about 1000 miles but so far I am still very happy with the choice. I would NOT recommend the smaller engine in the base model. This car does OK with the 2 liter engine but less power would be painful for me to endure. I would recommend this car to anybody that wants something roomy, functional, and not overdone w/ electronic gadgets. Better still, it cost well under $20K and meets all my needs.

Kia Soul 2013

by Admiral from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia on Sat May 30 2015

It is like KIA said what vehicle would Jim, like to drive when he retires from business. The Kia Soul had a subliminal message. We made this for you & they were right. I have even named mine. I call her Vicky & take a lot of gallery comments from my wife & daughter. After driving GMC Sonomas & a Jimmy for 15 years I am enjoying the better gas mileage & having a vehicle I don't have to trash with commercial cleaning equipment. I will probably buy 1 more vehicle in my lifetime. It will be either a new Soul or a Cooper Estate wagon.

I love my car!

by Yellow Soul from Cincinnati, Ohio on Mon Sep 01 2014

Bought a 2014 Kia Soul Plus about a month ago. I absolutely love my car! I really like the hands free phone controls, although I try not to use my phone too much while driving. Feels very roomy and I am always amazed at how many groceries will fit in back. I love to storage compartment for storing dishes I am taking to other 's houses. Only complaint would be visibility around back pillars. They are thick. Mirrors help, and I am fairly cautious of this anyway, as I am older and neck mobility is less due to surgery. Car is fun and I love the yellow color. Easy to find in a parking lot! Glad I moved up to the slightly larger motor, although I didn't feel a big difference test driving each. Have not had any problems in the short time I have owned it.

Feature Packed, Value Priced

by Soul In Love from Tucson, AZ on Mon Aug 18 2014

I bought my 2014 Base Auto 1.6L Silver Soul in May of '14. I immediately loved the room and all the feature content that came in the base model (auto). I originally wasn't even considering this car; I went to the Kia dealership looking at a Forte and when they went to run my credit, I wandered around the lot and spotted the Soul. I didn't even think of considering it because I thought it was out of my price range! When I walked over I was pleasantly surprised at the sticker price and when the salesman came back I said "I WANT THIS ONE!l" I noticed the room and all the features that came with the car (bluetooth, 4 wheel disc brakes, alloy wheels, illuminated vanity mirrors.) To me this thing was LOADED (although you can really get the Soul "loaded' with NAV, leather, etc.) I also loved the way it drove. Felt like a Lexus; it was extremely quiet and SMOOTH. I felt like I was in such a expensive car. I loved the soft-touch dash and side panels, not to mention the amazing build quality. When you shut the door, the car has a great quality "thud." I could ramble on and on about what I like but I just love all the value this car has to offer at such a great price. There are many models to choose form but if you're on a budget, check out the "base." I would hardly consider this car a "base" anything!

A great car value wise.

by Self Driver from Pennsylvania on Fri Jan 09 2015

I like this car. Its a smaller car than what I've owned previously, but seems bigger from the inside. It has a great upright and high seating position that's easy to get in and out of. Front and side visibility is excellent. Rear visibility is okay. The seats are supportive and comfortable, if not cushioned. It is deigned very well ergonomically and offers great value with everything you need even in the base model. Ride and handling and quietness are surprisingly good. Its a little noisy under acceleration but quiets down when you get up to speed. It does also hesitate a little at lower speeds when accelerating but is fine when you reach highway speed. Its not a race car. Value for the money is outstanding. If it had a little more cargo space it would be perfect. But passenger room is still great. Fit and finish and material quality are tops for the class.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 18

Our Take on the 2014 Kia Soul

As of the 2013 model year, the first-generation Kia Soul was more than 4 years old, and in today's fast-moving world of vehicle design, that's quite old (an adjective Kia certainly wouldn't want associated with its brand). It was time for a complete makeover.

Kia delivers with an all-new Soul for 2014, an ever-so-slightly more mature version that still manages to keep its youthful Soul soul.

Just about everything on the 2014 Soul is new — save for the general funky vibe. (Compare the 2013 and 2014 versions side by side here.) The once-trendy segment of square breadboxes on wheels appears to be waning, though the Scion xB and Nissan Cube continue for yet another model year despite continued rumors... Read More