2014 Soul

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great car...great safety

by Scott K from Dallas, TX, United States on July 31, 2015

We researched the purchase of the 2014 Kia Soul extensively and have not been disappointed. There are a lot of posts about the car and I'll not add to that, but one area that hasn't been discussed is the safety of the vehicle in a crash. My wife and I received a call from my daughter at 5:15 AM. She had been driving to a summer job and a guy ran a red light and broadsided her Kia. She said she and her friend were OK and we rushed to the scene. To our surprise there was nothing left of the front of the car with the exception of the engine block. The side impact had literally destroyed the front of the car forward of the passenger cabin. It was amazing that there were no injuries and upon further inspection it was clear why. There were approximately 10 airbags that were deployed during the crash..both high and low. To my surprise there were lower side airbags protecting hip and legs. Safety rating is something I would definitely consider above styling and features but the Soul has both so it's a win-win.

Dream about Kia

by kamusiime from Uganda on June 12, 2014

For the money I believe this is one of the best choices out there. Just bought a 2014 automatic 4 cyl model and drove 1100 miles from Calif to Oregon over the Siskiyou Pass (Mt Shasta). Car did great, - averaged 31 on mountains and got 34 mpg on flats. Plaenty of power with the six speed transmisson. We were able to get a three wheeled handicapped scooter, two large suitcases, a man fan and some other things with the back seat down inside the car. Alot of standard features, bluetooth and Serius radio. Car is fun to drive, steering is firm on straight but ez on turns, not like those old fingertip powering steering cars you find. We came from a dodge caravan, this is much better, ez to park, a ton of leg room and surprisingly comfy. I do not think it is bumpy at all, maybe compared to a Lincoln Towncar perhaps. The 2.0 may be a better choice for some people but the smaller engine we have has plenty enough power for most people. Drive one, you will be surprised at what you can buy for under $16,000.

Went from a Mini Cooper to the Soul

by Midori, the green Kia Soul from Monterey, CA on June 13, 2014

After driving a mini Cooper for ten years, I must say the change was difficult at first. But now I love my Kia Soul. It lacks just a little in power ( I got the smaller engine ), but the ride is very comfortable. The visibility is fair ( again, not as good as the mini ). The interior is great, and the space perfect. The only thing I'd knock is the back seats hit the front ones when you put the seats down. Even with the head rests down, they still touch the front. I wish they would have included a CD player with the satellite radio, but I love having the media player. The car handles well, and is very smooth. My mini had trouble getting into reverse, so it's nice to have a car that doesn't hassle me when I shift ( I got a manual ). Overall its a great start to another 10 years of happy driving.

Spare Correction

by Little Sam from Missouri on October 19, 2015

I've had a 2013 Kia Soul for about 18 mos now and really like it for the most part. I noticed several other reviewers complaining about no spare tire and am wondering if they have the extra cargo compartment under the cargo mat and don't realize that it comes out to reveal the spare tire area? Our car came with a spare tire so can't imagine why several of the reviewers think one isn't available.

I LOVE my new Kia Soul 2014

by Scarymary from Tulsa, OK on February 18, 2015

I never knew when I walked into our local Kia dealership that I was actually going to get a new car. I was still just looking and comparing different makes of cars. I worked with a great associate. I had a budget and he showed me what I could get for my money. He was polite, respectful and genuine as he gave answers to my questions. I especially appreciated how he pointed out features and explained how the 2014 Kia Soul would be a good fit for me. I would give 6 stars, if I could! :) I am totally satisfied with my Kia Soul.

Great Beach Car

by Just Another Person from Texas on December 23, 2014

I left my pickup truck at the beach in Rhode Island (my second home) and drove back to Texas with my wife in her MB E350 Coupe. I needed a car for running errands back in Texas and chose this Soul+ Clearly, the Soul+ is no Mercedes but I am very surprised at the comfort of the ride, the relatively low noise in the cabin while driving, and the spaciousness of the cabin. I am going to mount roof top luggage racks on it and it will be my alternative to a pickup truck when I run to home depot. Next summer, I will take it to RI where it will serve as the family beach car. I've only had it for about 1000 miles but so far I am still very happy with the choice. I would NOT recommend the smaller engine in the base model. This car does OK with the 2 liter engine but less power would be painful for me to endure. I would recommend this car to anybody that wants something roomy, functional, and not overdone w/ electronic gadgets. Better still, it cost well under $20K and meets all my needs.

2014 Kia Soul

by I drove a Kia before it was so popular! from Avon Indiana on September 15, 2014

Check out this new dealership in Avon - Champion Kia of Avon. I have never been around a group of people that worked as hard at pleasing the customers as this team does. I love my Kia and look forward to keeping this car as long as I did my last one!

Kia Soul 2013

by Admiral from Dartmouth, Nova Scotia on May 30, 2015

It is like KIA said what vehicle would Jim, like to drive when he retires from business. The Kia Soul had a subliminal message. We made this for you & they were right. I have even named mine. I call her Vicky & take a lot of gallery comments from my wife & daughter. After driving GMC Sonomas & a Jimmy for 15 years I am enjoying the better gas mileage & having a vehicle I don't have to trash with commercial cleaning equipment. I will probably buy 1 more vehicle in my lifetime. It will be either a new Soul or a Cooper Estate wagon.

I love my car!

by Yellow Soul from Cincinnati, Ohio on September 1, 2014

Bought a 2014 Kia Soul Plus about a month ago. I absolutely love my car! I really like the hands free phone controls, although I try not to use my phone too much while driving. Feels very roomy and I am always amazed at how many groceries will fit in back. I love to storage compartment for storing dishes I am taking to other 's houses. Only complaint would be visibility around back pillars. They are thick. Mirrors help, and I am fairly cautious of this anyway, as I am older and neck mobility is less due to surgery. Car is fun and I love the yellow color. Easy to find in a parking lot! Glad I moved up to the slightly larger motor, although I didn't feel a big difference test driving each. Have not had any problems in the short time I have owned it.

2013 soul owner

by soul-lover from Southern, Ohio on November 11, 2014

I bought a 2013 base soul with 6 speed manual and it is worth every penny. I have around 35,000 miles on it because I drive an hour to work everyday. I average 33-34 MPG and I drive 75 mph down the freeway. I have had absolutely no issues with this car. Only small complaint is the cheap tires they put on from the plant side. they are horrible in the snow and since I live in Ohio, I replaced with some good ol' Goodyear all weather tires and now I have way better traction. Also, I use 5w30 synthetic oil instead of the recommended 5w20. Anyone looking for a great deal, gas saver, and fun vehicle, I would highly recommend the Soul.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17