2004 Spectra

2004 Kia Spectra

$679 - $5,487  MSRP Range
2004 Kia Spectra

4.4

Have You Driven the 2004 Kia Spectra?

First Car

by iceabaton from PA on Sat Jan 28 2012

This is my first car, given to me by a family member. I love my little Spectra: I get ~30 mpg with it and drive 40 miles a day to college. I have driven a bunch of other's cars at this point and the Spectra is my favorite. It is compact enough for those finagled parking spots. It has little power, but it is reliable. I had one issue where my timing belt broke 37000 mi. after I replaced it but it was the mechanic's error (too tight). The vehicle handles amazingly, the controls and displays are simple and concise, and it has numerous compartments to keep stuff organized and accessible. The sound in the vehicle is quiet as a church and has a pretty decent sound system, even with heavy bass Dubstep playing. If I could change something, it would be leg room, i'm 6'3'' so my knees rest on the dash even when on the pedals, but otherwise its comfortable. A very good vehicle for anyone on a budget or who just want a good, safe vehicle.

Reliable sedan

by Kia Review from on Sat Sep 21 2013

This car has been very reliable and economical for my wife and I. We bought it in 2009 and have only had to do regular maintenance (brakes, tires, and oil changes). Gas mileage is pretty good, too.

Great find

by karen from gurnee, IL on Fri May 16 2014

This car was a great economical find the dealership made sure I found what I was looking for. They were concerned about all my needs and made sure I walked out with a great purchase.

great reliable car

by very pleased from portland oregon on Fri Jul 10 2015

had 10 years with 100k on it never a major- problem traded in for a piece of junk 2010 huyundai sonata- will never buy a hyundai again- i know their sister companies but kia is just better

Kia Spectra EX is the way to go

by Kick it with Kia from Bellingham, wa on Wed Sep 12 2007

I loved my 2004 Kia Spectra EX! I got a super deal on a pre-owned with only 19,000 miles on it, warranty until 60,000 miles, as well as great features at a great price. The only problem I had with it was the sensor on the clutch which misfired a few times by not detecting my foot on the clutch, and therefore, not starting. Fortunately, after a couple trips to the dealership, they found out what it was and it started beautifully every time after that (all under warranty). Unfortunately, the car was totaled in a rear-end collision (not my fault!). The car held up well, and I walked away with minor injuries. One of the best things about the car was the value for my money. Not only was it economical, but it also had power everything, a moon roof, cruise control, and a sweet stereo. I would recommend this car to anyone and everyone. In fact, I'm looking now for one to replace it. I wouldn't buy a brand new one because it depreciates so quickly, but a pre-owned gives you a great value.

My spectra

by Receptionist from california on Thu Jun 15 2006

I have a 2004 Kia spectra ls 4dr sedan, we bought brand new in palmdale ca. The car from the get go had a strange noise . I found out from service that is is a part called the Oraphus <spelling?) deffinition of oraphus (a hole)it has something to do with the fule injection. It is a tiny plastic thing that has no purpose I suppose. Service told me that the models that have the part make that noise, and the ones with out it dont, so they removed it and the noise went away. The part was not replaced with anything so my question is why is it there in the first place?? The main office of Kia sent out a memo to all dealerships regaurding the part. I am now at 56,000 miles after 3 years and the car is sluggish , gas mileage is not as good and I have kept up with all maintenance scedualed services and oil changes. I have had to replace 3 head light bulbs on both sides, all tires after 28 thousand, breaks at 32 thousand, clutch at 39 thousand, door locking system at 10 thousand miles,door handle on driver side just broke in half, and electric window for passenger rear replaced at 10 thousand. I would not recomend any one to purchase one of the 2004 kia spectra LS 4dr sedan 5 speed. The vehicle if anything at all be used for commuteing or a lease deal. After I got to the 28 thousand mile that is when I noticed a lot of little things breaking and making noises. I do commute 100 miles a day I am not hard on the car and I maintain it like my other cars prior to this purchase, which were all earlier years, and to me those cars will always be better built then the new ones they come out with now days! So be careful and really test the Kia before you decide to buy! My opinion is stay away from the KIa dealerships!

Does not recommend this car!!

Great car for the money

by Kia Believer from Twin Cities, MN on Wed Nov 22 2006

I have approximately 60,000 miles on my spectra. It had a problem last winter where it would kill when driving. It happened twice after filling it with gas. It has worked great ever since. Mileage is good.

Great Vehicle

by Cent13 from TX on Wed Apr 05 2017

Love this car, great mpg and the standard is great! Parts are affordable and last a long time. Definately would make sure and get a pillow because the seats do lack support. The automatic is sluggish but the manual (which I have) is awesome. Great first car.

Our Take on the 2004 Kia Spectra

A respectable automotive appliance
Kia Spectra is solid, quiet, inexpensive, but AC is optional.

When it comes to nameplates that elicit burning passion and desire, Kia is certainly not among them. Burning passion? Maybe at Kia's corporate offices.

Of course, Kia knows where it stands in the automotive food chain and, in a bid for some credibility, sponsored the music group, Sugar Ray, on their spring tour. That would make you want to buy a Kia?

Okay, maybe not.

Well, how about this? Thanks to parent company Hyundai, the new Kia Spectra is a respectable automotive appliance.

Feeling the passion? Only if you really go for narrow panel gaps or the sound a car door makes when it shuts. It's... Read More