2004 Kia Spectra Consumer Reviews

4.3
Average based on 7 reviews

Kia Spectra EX is the way to go

by from Bellingham, wa on September 12, 2007

I loved my 2004 Kia Spectra EX! I got a super deal on a pre-owned with only 19,000 miles on it, warranty until 60,000 miles, as well as great features at a great price. The only problem I had with it was the sensor on the clutch which misfired a few times by not detecting my foot on the clutch, and therefore, not starting. Fortunately, after a couple trips to the dealership, they found out what it was and it started beautifully every time after that (all under warranty). Unfortunately, the car was totaled in a rear-end collision (not my fault!). The car held up well, and I walked away with minor injuries. One of the best things about the car was the value for my money. Not only was it economical, but it also had power everything, a moon roof, cruise control, and a sweet stereo. I would recommend this car to anyone and everyone. In fact, I'm looking now for one to replace it. I wouldn't buy a brand new one because it depreciates so quickly, but a pre-owned gives you a great value.

First Car

by from PA on January 28, 2012

This is my first car, given to me by a family member. I love my little Spectra: I get ~30 mpg with it and drive 40 miles a day to college. I have driven a bunch of other's cars at this point and the Spectra is my favorite. It is compact enough for those finagled parking spots. It has little power, but it is reliable. I had one issue where my timing belt broke 37000 mi. after I replaced it but it was the mechanic's error (too tight). The vehicle handles amazingly, the controls and displays are simple and concise, and it has numerous compartments to keep stuff organized and accessible. The sound in the vehicle is quiet as a church and has a pretty decent sound system, even with heavy bass Dubstep playing. If I could change something, it would be leg room, i'm 6'3'' so my knees rest on the dash even when on the pedals, but otherwise its comfortable. A very good vehicle for anyone on a budget or who just want a good, safe vehicle.

great reliable car

by from portland oregon on July 10, 2015

had 10 years with 100k on it never a major- problem traded in for a piece of junk 2010 huyundai sonata- will never buy a hyundai again- i know their sister companies but kia is just better

Reliable sedan

by from on September 21, 2013

This car has been very reliable and economical for my wife and I. We bought it in 2009 and have only had to do regular maintenance (brakes, tires, and oil changes). Gas mileage is pretty good, too.

Great find

by from gurnee, IL on May 16, 2014

This car was a great economical find the dealership made sure I found what I was looking for. They were concerned about all my needs and made sure I walked out with a great purchase.

My spectra

by from california on June 15, 2006

I have a 2004 Kia spectra ls 4dr sedan, we bought brand new in palmdale ca. The car from the get go had a strange noise . I found out from service that is is a part called the Oraphus <spelling?) deff...

Great car for the money

by from Twin Cities, MN on November 22, 2006

I have approximately 60,000 miles on my spectra. It had a problem last winter where it would kill when driving. It happened twice after filling it with gas. It has worked great ever since. Mileage is good.