2005 Spectra

2005 Kia Spectra

$876 - $6,296  MSRP Range
2005 Kia Spectra

Have You Driven the 2005 Kia Spectra?

Great car for the money!

by Porky082 from Phx, AZ on Thu Oct 05 2006

I was in a desperate situation, and needed to buy a car for under 15k. So, I went to Kia, and decided to settle for the new model kia in 2004(a 2004.5 model). Anyway, it's 2 years later, and I have yet to have any issues with the car about 45,000 miles later. Great reliability, price, performace, and comfort in a perfect package for just about anyone. Not too mention the great gas mileage!

Solid Value in a Fun Sedan

by H20SkiNut from Superior, WI on Sat Nov 18 2006

I own two, an auto 2004.5 I bought new for my son in medical school and a standard shift 2005 I bought used, with low miles. I have added 16 inch low profile tires and a strut bar in the front of the 2005, which improved cornering for pretty small $. When I get the chance will put an upgraded anti-roll bar built for the Hyundai Tiburon on the back. Standard gets good economy with up to 37 on highway though mostly 33 if drive moderately. Worst is about 22 in the dead of winter driving a short commute of 1.4 miles in town. Son's car gets a little worse, but he does not keep great records. Stick shift is a little clunky compared to the Volvos and Audis I have owned, but works ok. Auto is smooth and does what it is supposed to. Engines make just enough noise to let you know you are driving a car that has a personality. Plenty of power to my taste, seems to be an obscene amount of gitty-up when I get in after driving my old VW camper! Interior is well laid out. I feared the light colored seats would look bad, but they shed dirt and stains nicely. The drivers seat lacked enough lower back support, but I added an aftermarket device and am a happy camper on long trips now. After owning these was an easy choice to buy a new 2006 KIA van for the little lady. KIA is trying hard to give more value for the dollar. If my experience is typical, they are doing fine.

I like our Kia

by Ole Dad from Loveland CO on Mon May 15 2006

We've had a 2004 Kia Spectra EX for almost two years - no problems other than a new O2 sensor being required a month or two ago. Smooth, quiet, easy to drive, my wife loves it. We got it after positive experience with a 2002 Hyundai Elantra - Kia was more willing to deal. My daughther drove a 2005 SX Spectra this past January and decided, on her own, to buy that. As long as she doesn't wreck it, the warranty etc should prove to be an INVESTMENT. We'll see how our car does driving to Las Vegas this summer taking another daughther to college...the mountains will slow us down but we'll see. If you do break down during the 1st 5 years away from home, Kia even reimburses you for part of your motel bill! I'd would say definitely try one out!

Most reliable car I've owned

by Mike from Milford, MI on Thu Jul 16 2009

I've had my KIA Spectra for approx. 4 years and I still love it!. This vehicle has not given me any problems. I loved this brand so much I went and purchased a KIA Sportage last month.

Pretty good used car

by jmpalomo from Woodbridge, Va on Tue Mar 28 2017

For a small commuter car this is a good one. Brakes pads/rotors have to be changed probably more than normal.

Just bought this car, and my sister owns one also.

by Jess from Iowa on Fri Mar 21 2008

I just traded my 2003 mustang in for this vehicle, and so far I love it! It handles really nicely, it looks great on the inside and outside. The factory stereo system really surprised me, as I was used to a custom system in my old car. It sounds great! My sister has had her Kia for over a year and a half and she has not had any other problems than having to put new tires on, but that was at 60000 miles. This is a fun and sporty car.

Lasted 12 years (reliably)

by Greenikole from Clovis, CA on Mon Jan 22 2018

I didn't have to start replacing things until almost 100k mi. That's when I had to have belts replaced, spark plugs/wires replaced, and radiator. At about 130k mi. other parts started to wear out. Reliable until the end!

great car

by monstar230 from cape coral, fl on Thu Apr 30 2009

it has the handling i need for florida driving and the comfort i want to keep the pain away. i love this car

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by The Old Man from Alto on Mon Jun 25 2012

Gets about 15% greater mileage than the EPA estimated city/highway mileage IF you drive it reasonably.

Love IT

by Joious RN from AZ on Wed Dec 03 2008

I went to the dealer to buy a used Nissan and for the same price I was able to get a car with more features that was new! My car has 75,000 miles and it has only needed routine maint. It has been a great car. I have only ever owned Honda's or Toyota's and my Spectra has held it's own. It doesn't take sharp mountain curves like my old Honda Accord but it's worth the value to take the corners slower.

1 2

Our Take on the 2005 Kia Spectra

Perhaps there's something gratifying about finding a diamond in the rough, or a little uncharted territory when everyone seems to be walking in the same direction.

Case in point: The 2005 Kia Spectra.

Kia? Am I kidding ya?

Not at all. No apologies here, but Kia is really something to consider.

Priced at less than $14,000 in base versions, and available with a slew of standard features and interesting options, Kia is a good value and a good car. Those two statements have not always been synonymous.

Kia has been the punch line of several new car jokes over the years, mostly because it was value-priced without the value.

No more.

With the involvement of parent company Hyundai (and Hyundai's subsequent rise... Read More