2006 Spectra

4.2 out of 5 starsExterior Styling
3.5 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.3 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.3 out of 5 starsReliability

spectra-happy..way big bang for the buck

by kia-konvert from ny on February 22, 2011

needed a car fast last yr to come in at a really reasonable price (so-31/2 yr old used), looked alot but wasnt concidering a 'kia'thought it would be too cheaply made compared to the competition but lo + behold there were no recalls on the spectra,,i liked that ALOT!.got the much needed good deal o it ,but the REAL deal was..THE CAR! 50k on the o.d.- ok, cuz its just for light local driving,good gas mileage,,easy handling ,exterior stylish as any.easy instrumentation panel.nice roomy interior.no problem with anything so far(1+ yr).great,simple utilitarian people mover.wanted a few more safety features but its been fine on snow + ice these hard winters without.everything works as it should.. love this car, good looking, affordable reliable transportation .so far extremely happy kia owners,

Great cheap vehicle

by Murzik from on September 7, 2017

Great cheap car. You do get what you pay for in terms of comfort and design, but overall I was really pleased with my little Kia. In 8 years I never had any major issues with it and it was very inexpensive to maintain.

2006 Kia Spectra - good for the money

by sri from San Jose, CA on April 3, 2013

It's very comfortable and very reliable car. very fun to drive with 80K miles and I get good gas milage. Exterior paints are not that good, but it's good for the money.

Kia Spectra

by mamarose59 from Louisville, KY on March 26, 2014

Why doesn't Kia recall this car for the wiring harness in the transmission. I have a 2006 and had to take it to be repaired and was told this is a common problem with Kia's. I have met numerous Kia owners who would flippantly ask if I like my Kia. When I respond with a negative and tell them about the harness it seems there are many people with the same problem. I will never buy another KIA.

Does not recommend this car!!

Love the power

by goldy from Vandalia, Il on May 8, 2011

The first time I got behind the wheel for a test drive I expected a sluggish take off. What a surprise when I stpped on the gas. This car has amazing pick up for a four cylinder. I wish it had a cruise control but bying it used you get what you get. The interior is quite spacious for a small car. And of course with the gas prices rising the gas milage is an blessing. Would recommend this car to a friend any time.

I fell in love with this car

by Mechanicman from Warwick, RI on September 22, 2006

There is so much to love on this car. The comfort, the performance. The quality and workmanship is amazing. I have had kia haters get into and drive this car and are converted instantly. Quality wise there is nothing cheap i can find on this car every part is sturdy. I have already out 10,000 miles on mine had it for 6 months. The ride is just as comfortable and smooth. The front tires wear twice as fast as the rear tires, but this is ok since what is really happening is the back tires are barely wearing down at all, this is common with many cars. Just get your tires rotated every 6,000 miles. The power is amazing with 1 or 2 people in the car. the car looses most of it's sportyness at low speeds with 5 peopl, but amazingly performs just as well at high speeds +80mph as with 5 people or 1 person in the car. Suspension could be ALOT more forgiving, but it only feels off, i pushed the car around deadmans curve doing 86mph and the lean was minimal. (deadmans cure a 90 degreee turn in RI.) Working on this car is about average everything is placed well, but could be better, the oil filter can be a little tough to get to, due to the engine mud guards. But there is plenty of room around it for tools to fit. All the usual fliuds are easy to get to, check and top off. Gas mileage is good, but rarely as good as the book says, but I do drive a minimum of 80 on the highway and still get 31 mpg. I do love this car, oh might I add for all you coffe loving Rhode Islanders! this car can easily hold 4 LARGE cups of ice coffee from Dunkin Donuts. infact I took it to DD on my test drive to make sure of this.

I love this CAR

by Jamie from Jacksonville, FL on January 7, 2011

I got this car about a year ago Feb. 2009, when I got it it only had 39,000 miles on it so I figured it would be the best buy for me. It has been the best car I have ever owned I LOVE IT! It is sporty and it came with some nice black rims! I am a big person and I fit comfortable in the car and the gas mileage is GREAT! Long distance rides are a little uncomfortable but my baby gets me every where I need to be. Only thing I had to do is oil changes and brakes! This is a great car! I did want a Honda accord but this is a good alternative!

Not Bad

by AJ from Trail Creek, IN on May 6, 2008

Here is the thing about the Kia Spectra EX. It's good on gas and has an overall low operating cost. Maintanance is relatively cheap as I've got 42,000 miles on mine. The drive is adequate and the seats are very comfortable. The steering is a little lose and the A/C stinks...I mean it gets cold...but it literally smells like cat urine. The stereo is nothing special and puts out little power and has very whimpy speakers, so I put to 10s in the trunk to punch up the base a bit. It is rather small with a fairly large trunk and is an ideal purchase considering today's gas prices. Although if you had a little more money to spend I would opt for a civic. Due to purchase price this may be the best alternative.

cool car

by x-spec it from Greensboro NC on September 26, 2006

I like it!! It gets me around in comfort and style! Even though the acceleration is hard I didnt need a sports car I just need a reliable car to get me around town. I have fun with it and people enjoy the ride.

by Old racecar driver from Van Nuys, Ca on May 9, 2006

Just bought vehicle 5-1-2006 so I can not answer reliability or Recommend. Seems Like a comfortable all the way around. I do have 2 complaints: 1. Underpowered, but if you are not going to the races its livable. 2. The auto trans seems a little sluggish, Specially 1st to 2nd Shift. PS. I had to answer reliabity Recommend, but at this time is not fair to as the car has 255 miles on the odometer

1 2