2005 Sportage

2005 Kia Sportage

2005 Kia Sportage

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have you driven the 2005 Kia Sportage?

loven it.....

by looked a lot from syracuse,n.y. on June 8, 2011

learned to appriciate this suv much faster than my other....when your without for so long you realize what you missed.....

Love this little SUV

by Stephen from Salt Lake City, UT on June 3, 2011

I originally owned a 2002 nissan frontier but when the first of our kids arrived my wife made me trade it in. I wanted something 4wd and able to tow since i lost my truck she wanted it to fit the kid(s). Any way got it used had ~17000 miles on it and now has 75000+ I we love it take it on trips regularly between SLC and PHX. great vehicle and would deffinatly recommend.

LOVE IT!!!!!

by JC from Buffalo, NY! on February 24, 2010

I just want to say that I love my KIA Sportage. I couldn't have a better vehicle! I love everything about it and haven't had any problems with since I got it in Oct of 05.

Very Reliable Car

by Anthony from Massachusetts on March 21, 2017

For my first car my 2005 Kia Sportage LX 4WD Leather was a great vehicle. It had very little problems, most small and expected for the mileage. Very maneuverable, no blind spots, good in the snow aND an easy drive. I loved my sunroof and added accessories it is a great car to drive that is a good SUVS and not too expensive. My only complaint is the power, I wish it had alittle more kick to the engine for faster acceleration.

Great

by Amber Smith from on April 21, 2017

It's a great family suv good on gas and comfortable and fits the car seats great. I would recommend kias to everyone

6 star reliability

by satisfied Keah owner from Annapolis, MD on March 11, 2010

The 2005 Sportage basically fell into my lap and I'm glad it did. We had originally purchased a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid based the Honda reputation for quality. Sheesh, what a sham. The Honda was the WORST car I ever owned and we couldn't wait to get rid of it. My wife traded it off for a new 2005 Sportage in April 2005 and briefly used it for commuting until she took a job without one so I inherited it. I was really skeptical about the overall level of quality since it replaced my reliable but totally low tech/low quality fit and finish 2002 Kia Spectra (but since I paid $8800 brand new, put 70,000 hard miles on it and sold it for $4500 I guess I should give IT a positive review, too) but no longer. I have over 90,000 miles on the Sportage since and except for a bumper vs. deer incident, it has never been in the shop for anything other than scheduled maintenance, oil changes and new tires. It is an excellent little vehicle and super, super reliable. The only complaints I have are: relatively poor gas mileage for such a tiny SUV with a V6 (about 22 mpg combined) and; uncomfortable driver's seat for long trips (I made the mistake of taking it on a 5 hr trip - yikes and ouch) though it is totally fine for my 35-40 minute commute. I love this vehicle and will just drive it until it just won't go any more. It has certainly given us our money's worth already - it's paid for and retains excellent resale value.

Most catastrophic vehicle

by Meh24 from Tacoma, wa on October 25, 2017

This car would have been beautiful if the car dealership I bought the car from, actually sold the car in working order and the finance company that knew about the vehicle being messed up, let it off the lot for 5800$, 10,000 after being paid off. I'm sure this vehicle would have been beautiful if the bearings, struts, brakes, timing belt and water pump, electrical issues, and all in the range of 3500 in repairs, weren't part of the vehicle... Maybe it isn't a great vehicle after all.

Does not recommend this car!!

Our Take on the 2005 Kia Sportage

The Kia Sportage that was discontinued after the 2002 model year managed to combine the dinkiness of an econobox with the road manners of an early sport utility vehicle. Yeesh. The all-new 2005 model is a different species, and well worth consideration. If it looks like a Hyundai Tucson — or this review recalls my Tucson review — it's because the models are sisters. South Korea's Hyundai Motors has owned Kia for a few years and now shares with it many models and the most generous warranty in the industry.

I did test both models independently. The Sportage comes in two trim levels: the four-cylinder LX and the six-cylinder EX. Both trim levels come as front- or all-wheel drive. My test... Read More