2014 LR2

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

The best choice.

by The Rover from Ball Ground, GA on May 20, 2014

I carefully researched the Land Rover LR2 as well as the BMW-X3, MB-GLK and Audi Q5, and drove all with the exception of the X3, another story for another day, and chose the LR2. I found it strange that the majority of the negative comments regarding the LR2 had to do with its "outdated styling" in terms of the boxy design and the lack of further, all be they un-needed, creature comforts. On the contrary, the boxy styling is what I prefer in an SUV. After all, if I wanted a car, I would buy one. The Q5 was quite nice, especially the interior design with exceptional leather seating, but the body style was very round and car like. The GLK, likewise was very nice, but it just did not feel like an SUV. The LR2 had everything I was looking for, and I cannot imagine what options I would have added, except maybe the rear view camera (it has back up warning but no camera). The camera is included with the upgrade model. The engine is responsive, shifts very easily and rides very comfortably. And best of all, not everyone has one. It was, in fact, a little difficult to find but the dealer was fantastic (this could lead into the X3 discussion, but I will avoid that). Strongly urge that the LR2 is included in any small luxury SUV consideration, although I do enjoy driving a vehicle that is not at every sign or stop light. So perhaps I would prefer that you disregard this very positive review :).

Great Stylish

by English Car Club from Blaine Wa on September 2, 2014

In a marketplace dominated by cross-overs, the choice of a true multi-purpose SUV is becoming very limited. The LR2 is the perfect size with a squared off cargo area that allows you to load everything from weekend camping gear to the load of lumber at Home Depot. It also fits perfectly into todays' smaller garages. Performance is outstanding with the turbo-charged engine although I was disappointed in having to use premium fuel. It is very stylish and handles very well on dirt or rough roads. The wife loves it for shopping and I feel better she is in a bigger and safety air bag loaded vehicle. While I have only had it a couple of months, I would highly recommend the LR2. The other big feature is that you have very little recommended overall maintenance i.e. spark plugs 110,000 miles, engine coolant 10 years, transmission fluid 10 years which helps reduce ownership costs.

Test drive

by SPG from Maine on August 30, 2017

I like the look of the LR2. The front area seemed to have plenty of room but the back seat seemed tight for my two children age 8 and 10. The model I drove seem like a smooth ride but not a lot of pick up compared to some of the other crossover / compact SUV models I test drove.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Land Rover LR2