2005 LR3

2005 Land Rover LR3

2005 Land Rover LR3

4.2

Have You Driven the 2005 Land Rover LR3?

Best all-round for the bucks...

by OBoy from Corpus Christi, TX on Sat Aug 29 2009

I'Ve owned many Land Rovers over the years from Range Rover to the Discovery I Series. It took a while to get used to the smooth air ride of the LR3 after bouncing around in the Discovery for years. It kinda made me feel like the truck was more luxury than off road. I must say that I love the LR3 and am buying another but in HSE trim with all the bells and whistles. I have had no issues with my LR3 or my Range Rover Sport to date. The LR3 (I've found out) is more than capable of anything that I throw its way on or off road. Awesome 4x4, great handling with the correct tires, good navigation, great stereo and DVD - and most important - lots of cup holders! It's great all around as I can take it out to fine dine or to the beach and back roads. You need one to know what I'm talking about. Other than the gas issue (the RR Sport is so much better on mpg) I am an LR fan!

Luxury and Dependability!

by LUV this Vehicle from Los Angeles, CA on Sat Aug 20 2011

I've had my LR3 for 6 years now and still love it! Very dependable, safe, no major problems -- just regular maintenance. LR3 has best visability of any vehicle I've ever driven, very comfortable with lots of luxury.

Second best Vehicle I have ever owned

by LR3 SE Review from Virginia on Sat Dec 19 2009

After going through my second snow storm in this truck, I have to say that this thing will not get stuck or fly off the road like a car or pickup. With good tires, or bald tires, it will keep you on the road. The only way to get stuck is to try and try again. My next LR3 will have the 3rd row seating, but it is still a good people hauler with only 2 rows. The first best car was an Audi allroad 2.7. That was not an off road vehicle but it was so comfortable and safe!!

Overall a great purchase

by Kai from Seattle, Washington on Tue Feb 10 2015

I purchased my LR3 HSE with 89,000 miles on it and just turned 100,000 within 9 months of purchasing it. There have been a few issues with it, just maintenance you would expect around 100,000 miles. New control arms, a new pcv valve and a leaky sunroof. Other than that, it is a dream to drive. I have taken this thing off road and followed a purpose built Jeep Rubicon (big tires, lifted and locked, roll cage, the lot) and after watching him struggle getting up this rocky, slippery hill I was looking at, I made the decision to try it myself. I made it with ease with street tires. I was scared but I was not even close to the limit of this car. Truly incredible engineering with the offroad management system. Just drive one if your thinking about getting one, it will make choosing a lot easier. Land Rover is a great product.

Best SUV on the Road

by sweet-dude from Gunnison, CO on Sat Apr 01 2017

Amazing off-road and on, this is a beautiful car, the best SUV I've owned. This amazing looking car dos not look like it is 12 years old. If you are considering full size SUV's, you must drive a Rover!

Great truck

by DutchinCali on Mon Aug 14 2017

Great vehicle, I had one for several years. Had all the creature comforts. Good handling and perfect for long road trips!

I LOVE LR3?s

by LAND ROVER LOVER from Saint Louis, MO on Thu Jul 12 2018

I love this car so much this is my second time buying one. My first one was totaled and I had to get another. Many don?t like the exterior design yet I do and love that it comfortably seats 7. I will probably upgrade to LR4 when I?m ready for something new.

Fascinated by its style and performance

by Tracee B from Memphis, TN on Sat Mar 17 2018

This vehicle meets all the aspects I was looking for in a vehicle plenty of style and efficiency. Head room more then adequate, leg room great. All around just a great vehicle , totally satisfied with my choice. Thank you

Land Rover LR3

by geckert from Folsom, CA on Tue Oct 11 2011

Land Rover's are awesome cars and this is the second one I have owned. My last car was a 1997 Land Rover Discovery. I bought it with 117000 miles for 6K, drove it for 5 years, and sold it to my friend with 216000. He still drives it daily and I loved it. Basic mechanical issues with miles, but trips to the Land Rover recycle yard helps control repair cost's. Land Rovers are great cars, but it also is helpful to know someone who can work on them for a discount! Bought my LR3 in mint condition but with 113000 on it. Looks and drives like brand new and I plan on getting another 100K out of it easly. When it comes to Land Rovers, buy well maintained used ones that others paid a premium for the initial maintenance that comes within the first 50-100K miles. You can't go wrong if you get the right Land Rover and at the right price. I will always drive a Land Rover, as they have proven to be long lasting SUV's that also hold an image of excellence. It doesn't matter how old or beat up your Land Rover is, people will say "you drive a Land Rover."

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Little things that bother you!

by Bill4500 from Mesa AZ on Tue Apr 22 2014

I love my 2005 LR3 one day, then want to trade it in the next. It has been a pleasure to drive but it has been the little things that annoy me. From 90,000 miles to 105,000 miles I have had the following things go bad or break. Front glove box handle broke ($250) Broken stereo button (CD fast forward) living with it, passenger rear window goes down from drivers button but won't go up. It does go up if you use that window button, living with it, Low windshield wiper fluid indicator comes on when I start it even though it's not low. Front air shock went bad, $350 to replace. Bought part on amazon for $275. Paid a mechanic $75 to install. Back handle on storage compartment broke off. $27 part at land rover dealership. Put on myself! Two of my plastic exterior moldings come off in the car wash. Both were run over by other cars and ruined. $210 for both moldings. I replaced my self!

1 2

Our Take on the 2005 Land Rover LR3

Two worlds collide to create the LR3, a sensible combination of the ultimate 4x4 capability with practicality. Sure, it drives over sand, moguls, rocks, and up and down steep hills but if a monster vehicle can't keep up with my suburban life, what's the point?

Learning about this car is like studying for college final exams. After a few hours of lectures (from the manufacturer's website) and note taking, I am ready for the test (drive). There's a lot to learn about the LR3 and I strongly encourage new drivers to research it before taking it out on the road.

I even take my studies a step further and venture off-road to try out the Terrain Response System (new to the LR3) which includes on-road driving, snow... Read More