Read or write a review.

4.2
Average based on 11 reviews

LR3 has stepped up to the plate

by from Maryland on September 8, 2011

Pros: Gives me the security I need. Strong Engine, spacious interior, tranny is flawless. Third row fits adults w/no problem, fits 7 adults comfortably. Terrain response system is a great innovation, looking forward to winter. Folks look at this truck like it's from another planet. Visibility is really good, standard features are awesome. I purchased my 07 used but made sure it's was one owner owned and ck'ed the carfax for maintenance history. The previous owner of my LR3 took care of it and so will I. Camping trips are a breeze. Bluetooth using my EVO is awesome, windshield heater is awesome. One sunroof and two moonroofs are a nice feature. Cons: Gas guzzler (Premium recommended which i use), reliability factor makes me nervous but figured i'll ck up with the maintenance, all recalls have been added to the my LR3. Did not purchase an extended warranty because it was literally $10K, who buys that. Many reviews i read stated brakes are needed like every 20K (OUCH). Navigation takes some time to get used to. Truck is really heavy, guess thats why brakes are needed every 20K. Dealership rips u off, call around, some folks actually work on Land Rovers. Inside door handles are super cheap. Takes time to heat up. Overall: LR3 has made some progress from the DISCO3, i would hesitate to purchase a LR3 05 or 06 but from 2007 on, it seems like Land Rover cleaned up some issues. Not a commuter SUV but i just love the way it feels on the road. Makes me feel super safe with my family in it. Test drive and you wont be disappointed.

nice ride.

by from ma on May 13, 2011

Its an lr3. Some of the interior feels a bit cheap. I guess I could have bought a range rover instead if I wanted a really nice interior. Outside of that I absolutely love my rover

Not bad

by from calgary on April 18, 2011

This thing is a gas guzzler, but it is nice looking and nice driving. Im a little worried about what its going to be like once the warranty comes off.

Love this truck

by from Chicago, IL on July 25, 2012

First thing I did when I picked up my 07 with 55k on it was change the AWFUL goodyear tires and replaced them with some General Grabber AT2's. I would reccomend that everyone get rid of those total trash noisy tires as soon as they get this truck, as it made a world of difference. I thought i had a bad bearing or something but it was just the noisy tires! Pros: Can be driven anywhere with class, from country clubs, to weddings, to tailgaiting, to camping, this truck fits right in! Thing is built like a bank vault, the seals are amazing and it is one of the most solid trucks I have ever driven, while there is plastic inside, it doesn't feel cheap, except for the door handles, which actually can be fixed with a little silicone grease! This thing is great for city driving believe it or not with its tight turn radius, amazing 360 degree field of view and tall stance, also handles those summer/winter potholes like a champ! Cons: Quirky to maintain, (had an issue with a hood sensor that was easily fixed with a piece of aluminum foil of all things) but with tons of message boards around you can save a ton of dough diagnosing and fixing things yourself! Definitely don't take this to your dealer, unless you have a lot of money to waste. Also gas mileage stinks, but I really dont' care, I fill up maybe once or twice a month since its not a daily driver.

TIRE TROUBLE

by from Fresno, California on January 14, 2009

I love the LR3 but have had a great deal of trouble with excessive tire wear. First set of factory equipped tires wore excessive at 12,000. Second set are showing excessive wear at 13000. Dealer feels this is normal and is due to driving on paved surfaces.

Solid buy

by from Boston, MA on April 13, 2011

I purchased this car after owning a LR Discovery for 10 years. While that car had its maintenance issues, it was a safe, sturdy family car for 210,000 miles. The LR3 is a huge improvement in power, comfort and space. The car rides very well on the highway at speed and has plenty of power to get around even with a full load of people and gear. The interior is utilitarian but functional and seating is comfortable. The kids riding in the back have 'stadium' seating allowing them to see out of the car easily. Overall very satisfied after 3 months of ownership

Great Vehicle!

by from Denver, CO on January 24, 2011

3rd row seating really fits adults over 6 feet tall! Everything about this vehicle is great. It is comfortable and makes a great family SUV!

Great Large Family Car

by from Fort Lauderdale, FL on March 11, 2008

This is the only option in the mid sized SUVs for a family of 5. All other options don't have the space or ergonomics to be a viable option. The electronics are surprisingly good. The navigation system is not as good as the BMW.

Wow

by from Bellevue, NE on February 17, 2007

My husband and I leased a V-8 LR3 and we love it! The comfort of the ride is unmatched in comparison. It took a while to get used to all of the features but once you know what you're doing they're great. It literally can take you anywhere. When SUV's are generally not meant for the off road, this one can go anywhere in any weather condition. It's very comfortable seating can easily accomdate 6 or 7 passengers and the storage space is great! The fuel economy is so-so, but the benefits most definitely outweigh the MPG factor. We love our Land Rover!

This is a True Premium European SUV

by from South Carolina on December 7, 2006

I have owned the LR3 V6 SE for two months now and I can say it is simply wonderful. From the leather seating, to the air suspension, to the fully adjustable full time 4WD, this is one fine automobile! Every inch shouts "QUALITY." Other SUV's would like you to believe they can take you off road (don't try it). The LR3 DARES its owner to take it off road and make it prove its worth AND IT DELIVERS. In the end, do you want to buy the Lexus, Acura, or Mercedes, and PRETEND you can go anywhere? Or buy the "real thing" and know you will ALWAYS be safe and in good hands? In short, buy this SUV! You will not be dissapointed. The LR3 is smooth as silk on road, and tough as nails in the dirt. What else do you want?

Similar Models