2008 LR3

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Best SUV I've ever owned - by far

by R'elise me from California on July 9, 2010

I've put this car through a lot of pretty hard off road, highway and city driving. I've rock crawled over very difficult terrain, I've towed my race car to many events and I'm an agressive highway driver in general. This SUV just never disappoints. It's been utterly reliable, the dealer experience is on par with MBZ and Porsche and all the service has been included with the car with exception of the brake pads which are still good after 22k hard miles. This SUV just does everything so well, I can't imagine a better evolution of this car with the exception of more refinement in the transmission and more HP which the current model does provide (but unnecessary IMO - and I like fast cars). The 2008 has the best interior unless you want the newer look which I think trades functionality for urban chicness. After owning a Mercedes, BMWs, the Honda truck, and having driven the Q7, GL, Lexus and Escalade this SUV stands out as the the most balanced between luxury, function and style. One more thing - NOONE makes an SUV that seats 7 large adults as comfortably as the LR3. Not even the Escalade compares in that respect. And offroad, only the Porsche can compare, but that SUV is very small inside. As for gas mileage, I get 19mpg going 75-100mph hwy and 15 city so disregard the EPA estimates. NONE of the SUV's I've had could beat those numbers. Not even my old Honda Element did better and that thing was a tin can in comparison.

Wonderful SUV for any type of weather

by Car Dude from League City, Texas on March 28, 2012

This is the best SUV we have ever owned. The air suspension makes for an incredible ride even on the most imperfect streets. Handling is precise and quick, and with a turning ratio that is superior to any other SUV in the market with all-wheel drive. Overall, great quality, with no problems to report at all. Hope it will stay this way passing 50K miles. Very pleased with gas mileage for the over 5,000 lbs of mass, averages 20mpg in the highway at a max speed of 80 mph...not bad for the smooth 4.4 V8 with an outstanding 6-speed transmission.

Great SUV

by desert rat from Abu Dhabi, UAE on October 29, 2013

I bought this vehicle in 2008 as a dealer demo car in Dubai, UAE with about 2500Km on the odometer. We now have about 125,000 km (77,600 mi) on it. My wife and I had just moved to Abu Dhabi from Washington, DC and we wanted a rugged 4x4 we could take to the desert on the weekends and do the school runs during the week. We had lived in Qatar previously and owned a Nissan Patrol?which was a fantastic off roader but, to put it gently, not very refined. This SUV has been outstanding. We have the model with the 6 cylinder 4 liter Ford engine and I will admit it is a bit underpowered but has a very good torque band so works well off road. It has fine highway manners and we use it regularly to travel between Abu Dhabi and Dubai (136 Km) and it keeps up with the traffic traveling 140 kph (86 mph). around town is great as it has enough presents to not allow other SUV?s to intimidate us as we maneuver through traffic and great visibility to see the myriad of smaller cars buzzing around. In the desert the LR keeps up with our friends in their Patrols and Land Cruisers?I even have a few pictures of me pulling some of the more adventurous out of the dunes?but it is a very heavy vehicle and suffers in the sand for that reason. Disengaging the traction control and using the very amazing all terrain system lets us go most places the others go but I can?t climb dunes like the much lighter and more powerful Japanese 4x4?s. The interior is spectacular, a good balance of luxury and practicality. I am an architect so I think that may have something to do with the very Bauhaus form/function aesthetic of the LR3.

2008 LR3

by Chris from on March 28, 2012

Got rid of a 2004 Discovery II. Engine went with only 60,000 miles on it. Got engine rebuilt and traded in on the 2008 LR3. Many improvments have been made. More luxurous, while maintaining the rugged off road look of the Land Rover Brand

Excellent

by jmjwaustin from Rockinham, NC on June 4, 2012

I really have enjoyed by Land Rover. All what its advertised to be. Great automobile. Gas mileage is not all that great 14 to 17 but better than my suburban.

gr8 lr3

by lr3gr8 from oakville,on on October 30, 2008

this truck has everything you want in a truck ,comfort ,power,and off road capibilities.i think the old landrover unreliability has tarnished this great truck ,remember this thing was designed by BMW

Best Vehicle I've ever owned!

by m,eader from Seal Beach, CA on June 13, 2017

I purchased my first Land Rover (LR3) new after a job change. Almost 10 years later, this vehicle continues keep my family comfortable, safe, and takes us on adventurers that no other vehicle could do. Not only that, it's actually been very reliable! We love our LR3!

Serious SUV

by Rich from Brick NJ on July 15, 2010

This is an excellent suv. It has a hugh cargo capacity. Handles like a sportd car towes like it dosen't even know it is towing. Hugh visability. We have used this for beach driving on a remote island and it is great. It has given us 14mpg in town and 21+ on the highway. We have had 4 Jeeps prior to this and although the Jeeps were good we like this much better.

Love This Car

by EPM from Murfreesboro, Tennessee on September 20, 2017

Finally bit the bullet and bought my first Land Rover. It has had its small maintenance issues such as the suspension compressor, but nothing I wouldn't expect from a car with 100,000+ miles on it. If you're looking to buy a used Rover this is definitely a good year and model to get.

Love it

by Lovemylr3 from WA on May 7, 2017

This is a really great car- just be prepared to gas up often. It's a super solid vehicle and I'm so glad I have it.

1 2 3