2009 LR3

2009 Land Rover LR3

2009 Land Rover LR3

5 out of 5 stars Comfort
5 out of 5 stars Reliability

Have You Driven the 2009 Land Rover LR3?

Solid SUV

by Midwestern Dad from Indianapolis on Sat Feb 26 2011

Very happy with the 2009 LR3. We purchased in the middle of winter and I have never driven anything better on the snow. For the same price as a slightly newer Acadia or Enclave (the other cars we were considering) it was a nor brainer and we are happy with our decision. The knock on Rovers is their reliability, but if you can find one with low enough miles that does not seem to be an issue. Not yet at least.

Luxury and Function

by Infrequent buyer from Dallas on Fri Sep 10 2010

I wanted a car that could do all the kid-hauling, home depo outings and road trips but allco looked good, was comfortable and frankly, not in every other parking space at the grocery store. I really like the LR3. There are a few features and design things that take some getting used to but isn't that the fun part of a new car? I have the HSE, have appreciated the bluetooth more than I thought I would, love the stereo and the ride is great. Some of the nobs seem a bit challenging at first but you get used to them real quick. The 3rd row seat is comfortable and usable, the the rear seats down I can hall anything I need to. I'd like better milage but the only real disappointment is no seat memory. When I was young, I'd be ready for a new car every two or three years. Now, I hate the payments and only buy when I have to. I"m hoping to have this car a long time and so far, I love it.

Well equipped and performs well

by imphillip from Magnolia, Arkansas on Thu Mar 29 2018

The LR3 meets all my needs. It's both comfortable and transports very well. Whether traveling with family or picking up yard supplies, it's always a comfortable drive.

Our Take on the 2009 Land Rover LR3

Land Rovers are strange animals; when not in their native environment, they don't always thrive. The 2009 Land Rover LR3 is a case in point. While I have no doubt the LR3 shines in the British countryside or African savanna, it didn't work quite as well in an American suburb. The LR3 is tall, thin and luxuriously appointed, but it lacks some of the typical kid-hauling SUV amenities of its competitors. It'll go on safari in the African savanna with aplomb, but it suffers in the U.S. drive-through confines.

No matter the environs, the LR3 is beautiful-looking and refined, with plenty of luxurious elements, including wide leather seats. But I struggled to get the optional third-row seats stored away... Read More