2010 LR4

2010 Land Rover LR4

2010 Land Rover LR4

Have You Driven the 2010 Land Rover LR4?

Just a Great Vehicle!

by Rich from Chicago from Chicago, IL on Thu Dec 03 2009

I purchased an Alaska White LR4 with the LUX package about a month ago and couldn't happier. One concern I had was that transitioning from a Porsche Cayenne S would be difficult from an on-road performance standpoint. Not to worry, because the new 375 HP 5.0 liter V8 plus suspension changes have made the LR4 a great car to drive on the road as well as off of it. Car and Driver just published a 0-60 time of 6.5 seconds which actually matches the 2004 Cayenne S that the LR4 replaced in my garage. The exterior changes from the LR3 are subtle (new grille, headlamps, tail lights, painted fenders and bumpers and some smoothing of the corners), but good while the interior changes are amazing. I can honestly see this truck cannibalizing Range Rover sales because the LR4 is almost as big, performs as well or better than the non-supercharged RR and RRS, AND it costs a bundle less without compromising luxury. Land Rover has a hit on their hands!

In the shop 7 times in 6 months

by BMW for me now from SF on Sun Jan 12 2014

Sorry everyone. I wanted to love my LR4 but it was seriously in the shop 7 times in 6 months and still not fixed. Finally I had to sell it back to the dealer for $10k less. What a major disappointment fun to drive when it was working but way too unreliable. Had to get the 2014 X5 - not as fun in the mountains..but at least it can make it to the mountains without another breakdown on the side of the road.

Does not recommend this car!!

BEST ON THE BLOCK

by DOING BIG THINGS from Houston on Tue Jul 06 2010

I just purchased a new LR4 and am truly impressed! I test drove several lux cars but nothing compared to this. I fell in love the first time I set in it and when I drove it, I simply sealed the deal! If your looking for something that can hang off road and pull up to the finest restaraunt without skipping a beat; get you an LR4!

Fun car to own

by Austin from Austin, tx on Sat Aug 21 2010

I am blown away by this car. I thought I wanted a Lexus SUV but after driving this car once I was sold. The upgraded interior materials over the previous LR3 are Lexus killing.

Luxury Improved

by Car Nut from CA on Mon Oct 05 2009

I am impressed with the changes to the LR4. The new interior is better than I could have imagined. It has gone from a utility vehicle to a true luxury SUV. This change will get all the attention, but the new engine is perfect for this vehicle. You will be impressed!

From CR-V to LR4

by Family Vehicle from Piedmont Triad, NC on Sun Oct 14 2012

The Land Rover LR4 is a great vehicle for hauling things, people, or just enjoying the luxury for yourself. It's kind of neat having a vehicle that doesn't have thousands of clones just like it on the road. It is enjoyable to sit up higher to see the road and have a higher comfort level in knowing that this makes your travel safer. There is also comfort in knowing that this vehicle will get you through anything and safely too. I am above the advertised 17-21 mpg which isn't bad for the weight and the engine size of this vehicle. I am also impressed with the nimbleness of the vehicle. This vehicle is a real change from my previous vehicle a 2001 Honda CR-V, but at this stage in my life I wanted a vehicle that gave me a little more comfort.

Fun on the road and off!

by I > U from DC area on Wed Jan 16 2013

My wife and I were looking for a luxury 7 seater. As we do tend to do light off-roading, snow, trails, camping, etc. we needed an SUV that can handle it all. The choice was obvious. The Land Rover LR4. No other SUV on the planet can match this one. NONE, NADA, period! Sure others are just as capable off-road, sure others are more luxurious, and sure others have better performance, but you have to give something else up. You don't with the LR4. Did I mention 7 seater? This SUV isn't for everyone. Do your research. Land Rover has been building SUV's for over 85 years, that's all they build, and they do it right! The LR4 is truly a go anywhere do anything SUV, with 6 of your best buddies.

Powerhouse

by Petrus from Birmingham, AL on Tue Feb 15 2011

With 27,000 miles and no problems, our LR4 is going strong. Nice luxury features make day to day driving a pleasure, with the added comfort of knowing this is a serious work vehicle. It's amazing how one vehicle can do serious off-road as well as highway travel so well. Ours also gets a workout towing a boat, which it does without complaint. And with a third row of usable seats, hauling extra people on occasion is no problem. Well done, Land Rover!

Uses car for Towing

The Boss

by The Automotive Perfectionist from Boston, MA on Sun Dec 04 2011

We bought our LR4 when it first came out in early 2011 and was extremely impressed by the upgraded interior and exterior. The third row space, raw V8 power and all round versatility is what sold us. We took a trip over the summer with the car carrying 4 people, 2 dogs, a roof box and a kayak whilst also towing a fully loaded mid-sized U-haul with a kayak on top of that as well. The car preformed beautify without any hesitation what so ever. We bought the mid-spec HSE model costing around 53k. I would recommend this car for someone who needs lots of space, needs to tow, and also enjoys driving. The LR4 is a great performer with 375hp and 375lb. ft. of torque. We love our LR4. We would have nothing else!

Very capable comfortable 4x4

by GM Fan from Minnesota on Tue Feb 02 2016

Fantastic comfort and capability in a 7 seater quality vehicle. One of the most capable 4wd vehicles on the planet yet cruises so comfortably and quietly. Great car.

Uses car for Off-roading

1 2 3

Our Take on the 2010 Land Rover LR4

Compared with its predecessor, the LR4 luxury SUV is much more appealing for shoppers who'd like to conquer rugged off-road trails and go for a night on the town — all in the same SUV. Land Rover's improvements also make the LR4 a legitimate competitor to SUVs like the Audi Q7 and Mercedes-Benz M-Class.

It's better because it features a dapper cabin — something that was sorely missing from the previous version, the LR3 — and a new V-8 engine that makes 75 more horsepower than the LR3's V-8, but with the same EPA-estimated gas mileage: a still-thirsty 12/17 mpg city/highway.

Land Rover's top-of-the-line Range Rover has excelled at being a multifaceted SUV for years, thanks to... Read More