2013 Land Rover Lr 4

Great Value

by from Detroit, MI on July 2, 2014

I compared this SUV to many others including test driving 4 or 5. The LR$ was by far the most SUV for the money of others. It handled the Michigan winter of 2013/14 with ease. We had no trouble even on extended trips during the snowstorms. The interior materials are great, seating position is excellent and so is visibility. Inside it feels like a truly well built vehicle. I have put 12k miles on the truck in 8 months and so far no issues whatsoever. The 3rd row of seat are excellent if you ever have more than 5 people in the truck. Even adults can sit in the 3rd row and be comfortable. The 3rd row is not powered, so all of the seat-back and cushion folding is manual. Otherwise the HSE package is a great addition.

Top choice 3-Row SUV

by from NY, NY on May 13, 2014

I really, really, really like this SUV (2013 HSE LUX). Excellent choice for anyone in need of a roomy, true SUV (meaning it can actually be driven off-road) with 3 rows. I was looking for a SUV than can fit 3 child car seats in the 2nd row and with a 3rd row. Very practical in terms of its overall utility (everyday use, road trips, skiing, etc.) and very luxurious. Roomy but does not feel nearly as large as most other SUVs that can comfortably fit 2 adults in the 3rd row (which are few). Drives extremely well on and off road. I compared it to other options on the market including Mercedes GL, MDX, BMW X5, Audi Q7, Lexus LX and GX, Land cruiser. In terms of an overall package for the money, the LR4 is simply better than those other options. While the historical reliability is not as good as Lexus /Toyota, the Lr4 loaded is still over $15k cheaper vs. the Lexus LX or Landcruiser, which will go a long way if anything goes wrong after the warranty period. The GL is very nice, but costs a lot more once you put a few options on it and does not compare in terms of capability off-road.

Comfort on all terrains

by from McEwen TN on January 1, 2013

Ride is smooth, seats extremely comfortable, and a very roomy interior make the LR4 a joy to drive. I have gone up steep hills on wet grass and don't even leave a rut. My wheels do not spin going up my steep gravel drive. With the transmission selected in the sport setting the LR4 accelerates like a sports car. At highway speeds it is stable and sure footed. It's the best vehicle I've ever had.

Land Rover LE4

by from Crown point IN on November 28, 2013

Amazing truck. Well built, powerful and stylish. Only thing i don't like is the response from the nav system.

Loving it so far

by from Seattle on April 21, 2013

Sophisticated and rugged at the same time. Love the car as it feels very high end and its not priced at the super high end. It's really nice inside and the outside screams classy. Much nicer then my Acura mdx.

Family Fav!

by from Suburban Detroit, MI on June 24, 2013

Our family has a 2012 LR4 HSE with several options (but not LUX package). We love it. Interior and exterior are excellent with great build quality - really feels like a luxury vehicle. Ride, acceleration, comfort are great. Visibility is OUTSTANDING! Downsides are MPG, it is not a sports car in the corners (a stately vehicle), 3rd row is not powered and difficult to remember how to work and some basic luxury features missing (eg blind spot sensor). We also have a Lincoln MKT, EcoBoost which is about the same size, a bit less expensive but with more electronic gizmos...but we all much prefer to ride and drive the Rover. No real service issues (we now have about 11k miles). Did an organized day of serious off roading and the capability of this thing is amazing. Our guides in raised Jeeps told us that nothing off a dealer floor is as capable. Unique, impressively capable and lovely - just don't expect your Volt driving friends to be impressed.

Great Car

by from Greenville, SC on April 3, 2017

We got this car as when we "graduated" from a van. We wanted something w/ more performance and power but still suitable for the family. This was the car.

Beautiful Vehicle

by from Carlisle, PA on September 28, 2017

Very sporty, and comfortable. The best of both worlds. Easily fits my family, and dogs. Makes travel a breeze.

Most reliable and luxurious car I have ever owned

by from Toronto ON on June 19, 2017

This car has it all! there is nothing that the designers missed. with rear cameras, hidden compartments, 3rd row seating luxurious bucket seats. I could go on forever

best car to own

by from miami, fl on June 20, 2017

this car is spacious and has great head room, the interior is comfortable and great. the car has a good amount of power with its V8 and is pretty great on the roads. I love this car and I would always own one

Our Expert Review: 2013 Land Rover Lr 4