2014 Land Rover LR4 Consumer Reviews

Change Year
2014 Land Rover Lr 4
Average based on 1 review

Best SUV for the $$ ....period.

by from Wisconsin on May 29, 2014

Just traded in our 2010 LR4 HSE for the 2014 LR4 HSE. Got lucky and got one of the very few available '14 as I was fretting about waiting until late fall or 2015 for a new LR4. To all that are timid due to so-called reliability issues -- while my 2010 was by no means flawless it was by no means worse than other vehicles I have owned. Read the papers lately? All the the domestics including Toyota have had MAJOR recalls. Didn't see a recall for Land Rover did you? That's because LR is making great vehicles. Any other vehicles (not counting Ferrari) have about a 6 month waiting list for any models? Uhhh no. LR 4 and LR sports do. They can't keep up with demand. In reality there is not much new on the '14 except the new engine/transmission setup. The supercharged 6 with the 8 speed is impressive and responsive. Too early to give you MPG results but I was getting 20mpg highway with the v8 so I'm guessing 20-24 with the 6. Fact is there is no competition with this vehicle except perhaps the Jeep Grand Cherokee. You will spend nearly the same for the top shelf jeep and receive much less. Resale on the LR4 is pretty decent as my 2010 listed for $54k and are now selling for about $36k four years later. The new '14 retailed for about $59k which for the value is amazing. Don't compare against the Audi / BMW / Mercedes crossovers -- not apples to apples. This is a SUV/truck...not SUV/sedan. Do you yourself a favor and drive one...oh I forgot. If you can find one to test drive. Then buy it!!!