Model Details

2001 Land Rover Range Rover Consumer Reviews

Average based on 3 reviews

Great value

by from Sacramento, CA on May 12, 2010

I bought my 2001 Range Rover used. Prices are very reasonable. This truck drives like a dream. Best handling SUV I have driven, with the air suspension intact. The best seating position and outward vision. It was engineered to be compliant onroad and still maintain the best offroad capabilities. There is a lot of controversy about this truck and cost of maintenance. If you can do the work yourself, it is a bargain considering your are getting the top-of-the-line SUV. If you have to take the truck into the dealer for everything, then I would consider looking elsewhere. There is a wealth of information on how to fix these trucks on the web. They require care and maintenance, more so than a Toyota. The interior is functional and beautiful, better than the Discovery. If you can keep the EAS air suspension system, it is amazing. You can raise and lower the truck by 4 inches with the touch of a button. Awesome offroad and on. Gas mileage is not very good as you can imagine for a 5K lb vehicle. But it is not much worse than my 4Runner. I needed another SUV for my growing family and I am very happy with my purchase. Its my first Land Rover and I will only buy Land Rover from here on out. I now understand the 'cult' following these trucks have. Simply amazing.

It's a great buy

by from New York NY on July 13, 2008

The Land Rover Discovery may be better on gas, but the comfort handling, and all around look and features are well worth the mile difference.

one of the most underrated values on the road.

by from portland oregon on May 6, 2012

very comfortable, command of the road feel, great visibility, a real eye catcher, do not put your foot into the accelerator and you will achieve descent gas mileage i am achieving nearly 18.5-19 mile to the gallon on the highway you cannot get much better with other big V-8s.