Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2006 Range Rover

2006 Land Rover Range Rover

2006 Land Rover Range Rover

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money

Have You Driven the 2006 Land Rover Range Rover?

Had to get one sooner or later

by vmax from Irvine, CA on Mon Dec 13 2010

In December of 2010, I found an 06 with only 30K miles on it. Like new in and out. Has some issues, not as much power as I had expected. Should have gotten the SC version. Went from a BMW 745 to the Range Rover HSE. Big difference with the fit and finish on both cars. The BMW is built to last and is solid as a rock. The RR is solid as well but the interior and exterior fit and finish is not up to par for a $100,000 car. The finish seems to be wearing off on high contact areas such as the doors, the door handles get faded very quickly, the interior is not a durable as it should be. The radio pops and ticks for about a minute after start up then it stops. Not sure what is up there. The brakes are near as good as the BMW but this is a very heavyt SUV so I guess that can be expected. The rotors began causing a pulsating on brakeing shortly after getting the vehicle; a bit if a disapointment. The AC compressor is a bit noisey and seem to put quite a power drag on the engine. makes the engine stagger a bit when switching on, the center console latches dont work, the heater fan motor makes a loud UK police whistle noise on start up but quits soon. Must be a bad bearing on the fan motor. It is a bit too high getting in and out of the vehicle. The BMW X5 is the perfect height, the RR is just an awkward height. GAS mileage is atrocious but that was expected. Now for the good stuff. The feeling or safety and comfort is second to none. Very comfortable seating, handeling and smooth handling in any conditions. Great visability, you get a ton odf respect on the road, like royalty. People just make room for you and make life easy. Living is California that is a big plus. The transmision is incredible, the feel of the gear selector is extreamly high quality. smooth and exact. Very good performance when in sport selectric mode. Love the power band, shift points. Execllent for city driving or stop and go on freeway. Sound system with Logic 7 is awesome, coming from an audiophile that is saying something. Great subwoofer as well. Interior noise is very quite for a big SUV, better than most cars. The rear seats fold down very easily for putting large items in the rear stowage space. They move back up in the upright position just as easily. Very simple and easy to operate them. Very refined and civlalized driving experience.

Great road trip car

by JimG from Los Angeles on Fri Aug 24 2018

Bought this truck a year ago with 38k miles. Replaced all fluids, air suspension with Arnott aftermarket parts and had the interior and exterior cleaned up. Car looks and drives like new. Just took a 1.3k mile road trip to Lake Tahoe. Plenty of long, hard accents in 90 degree weather. Charged right up those mountains with AC blasting. No problem. Kids love back seat as air suspension keeps ride smooth and NO car sickness. Very comfortable.

Best 4x4 by far

by Vic P from Chicago on Fri Nov 10 2017

So comfortable, all the bells and whistles. Would and can go anywhere. More then just a status symbol, able to do what lesser vehicles fail trying to do. Very happy.

The luxury SUV above them all!

by moovnon on Sat Mar 17 2018

This vehicle stands -- and rides -- above them all, with it exceptional handling, comfort, power, included normal options like the vehicle lowering for exciting a smaller step. The extra little cost for premium fuel, insurance and maintenance is well worth it. Private garage is best for service dollar for dollar. I have driven them all, but this is best SUV on the road bar none.

Good car

by Zim from NY on Thu Aug 02 2018

I will ,this vehicle is great for all reason it's great in the snow I like it I like it I like I like itio

Very reliable vehicle, I purchased a second one

by DjBigTwin from Queens NY on Tue Nov 20 2018

This vehicle was not only comfortable and reliable but turned many heads and had lots of inquiries about it from friends and family. I recommend this vehicle to anyone who values comfortability and style. This vehicle exceeded my expectations and beyond.

Tribute to a superior vehicle

by Joe Cee from Dallas, TX on Wed Apr 22 2015

I owned an '06 Rover till last week. It served me faithfully for the years I owned it, turning heads wherever I went. Bold and stylish, it was the ultimate statement maker, even in the company of newer and more expensive rides. To my astonishment too, it was not a high maintenance vehicle, as I had feared before I bought it. During the time I owned it, I only did regular service, and once, had to replace the tire pressure monitoring system on 2 tires because some buffoon at NTB did not know how to check the TP on a superior car. Now to last week. I was on the freeway, doing about 70 mph, when I was hit in the rear by an out of control car (blown tire, the driver must have been doing well above 90 mph). My car went into a spin, and flipped 3 or 4 times before coming to a rest. It was scary, but I survived with very little injury, considering the severity of the crash. It would have been a different story had I been in a lesser car. All in all, best car I ever owned. RR, I'm ready for another ride.

Superior Luxury At Its Best

by The Hawk from L.I.,N.Y. on Tue Jan 13 2009

This suv is not for everyone. Expensive to maintain and expensive to drive. Drinks gas like a fish drinks water. With that said this is the best suv I have ever owned. Great comfort, power and superb on and off road capabilities. Arrive in style with this one.

Unlike anything else.....

by Land Rover Lover from Charleston, SC on Sat Nov 11 2006

This vehicle is the epitome of luxury, performance, and safety. The Range Rover instills in its driver the "go anywhere, do anything" attitude while surrounding them with a luxury not found in any other SUV.

most unreliable car I have ever had

by Virgo fit from New York on Thu Jan 23 2014

I have owned this for 5 years. It was honestly ok for the first 2 or maybe years. The last year or two have been an absolute nightmare. I have spent close to $20,000 in repairs on it this year alone. There is some suspension issue with these trucks that is an anomaly to the company itself. and they do all of these things to try and fix it but can't and they won't tell you they can't. This truck is a money pit. I am ditching it ASAP.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2006 Land Rover Range Rover

Namibia, Zambia, Tanzania ... I find that the Range Rover stirs up notions of adventure travel through Africa's rolling savannahs. Instead of spying lions, elephants and rhinos, however, I am on a quest to keep my little cubs delirious with fun while minimizing their path of destruction.

And fun we have! Thanks to the Range Rover's DVD system, my children are glued to Baby Einstein's "World Animals," a DVD I've appropriately picked out to celebrate the Range Rover and my safari attitude. Best of all, my children use the included wireless headsets, and voila, I still get to listen to my music. Now I adjust the driver's armrest to the perfect height and store my huge can of Arizona green tea in the... Read More