2010 Evora

2010 Lotus Evora

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Value for the Money
4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have you driven the 2010 Lotus Evora?

Great Sports car for the $$

by Lotus Driver from Sacramento, CA on Wed Dec 12 2012

I have owned my Lotus Evora for about 6 months. No issues with it! Great Toyota engine. I was on the fence for a Porsche Cayman or 911. I was looking for a somewhat practical weekend get away sports car. I personally did not find it necessary to track my car, I have a go-kart for that. I was looking for a sports car that can fit small sized golf bags (2) in the small trunk with 2 sets of golf shoes, and the back seat can accommodate enough luggage and even a small ice chest for long weekend get a ways to twisty mountain and coastal roads. The ride comfort is very good, noise level while cruising is good. It is not nearly as luxurious as either Porsche, but it is a sports car first and luxury car second. If you want a car that is different than the pack, can carry your weekend adventures or trips to the grocery store, this may be for you. I recommend it.

A real head-turner

by LuckyGuy from Montreal, QC on Thu Mar 13 2014

I have owned my Evora a little over three years and I can tell you it has not aged a day since I got it. Still the same fun to drive car and best of all, everyone is still turning its head when I pass by, giving me the thumbs up, asking questions and complimenting the looks of the car. There are so few of these on the road that most people have never seen one. If you want something special and different, go for one of these, you won't be disappointed. And it's as good on the track than on the streets.

Bargain Ferrari? or a lot more?

by picosuave from Plymouth, MI on Mon Jan 29 2018

A real drivers car. If you looking to make a first purchase into the sports car realm and are considering Porsche, Audi or Corvette, test drive a Lotus Evora. You won't be disappointed. This cars abilities are amazing. Opt for the sport exhaust and wake up the lively and reliable Toyota V6 engine. Plenty of low end torque and 280 HP to match. The handling is quite simply the best on or off the track. Turns heads way more then a plain jane 911 or corvetter stingray and you can get used ones for $40K. In a world full of big HP cars with poor handling that are only fun to drive when your on it. The Evora provides a more enjoyable, sports car alternative for the cost conscience savvy car enthusiats

my dream car

by the.prophecy from allen texas on Mon Jun 12 2017

the best in comfort very fast great mileage just over all a great car just needed a few fixes as far as tires go but that's it mainly

This car will blow your mind

by Lotus Owner from on Wed Aug 25 2010

I always thought I would buy a 911, but I never was in love enough to write a check. When I saw the Evora and watched Jeremy Clarkson's review on youtube, I had to have one. The car is amazing. It's not the fastest car around, but it is so well balanced and so fun to drive that you won't care. It's 90% of a Ferrari for 30% of the price.

Simply Brilliant

by Evora Owner from Tallahassee, Florida on Sun Oct 10 2010

Simply brilliant. No other words express my experience with this car better. Simple to use and brilliant on the road. I bought my Evora five months ago and I am extremely satisfied with my Lotus. I was looking for a sports car and considered the usual array of choices, 911, Cayman, M3, Audi TT, Corvette, etc. But unlike the these "ordinary" sports cars, the Lotus Evora is something really special to drive and feels connected to the road. You get the Lotus Elise handling with an upscale experience: the car seems to anticipate every turn and flies through turns with no effort. A true delight on curvy roads. The Lotus mantra is well represented by this car: it is lightweight, simple to use, sufficiently powerful, and gets 27mpg. The interior is nice with leather and solid aluminum. Most cars have an overkill of buttons to pockmark the interior (only a few buttons are used typically anyway). Lotus has made the interior simple yet functional. The Alpine unit with navigation is fine, but not remarkable. For some reviewers the interior is a disappointment, but I believe an uncluttered "back to basics" is not a bad thing. It's the fun driving experience that counts. I will upgrade my Evora to Evora S specs soon with the addition of a supercharger, which will bring out the most power you will ever want on the (regular) road. A final note: I strongly recommend the stage-II exhaust to replace the stock exhaust if you buy one or go for the 2011 Evora S.

Total Failure

by No more Lotus from Ft. Smith on Fri Nov 12 2010

The Lotus Evora is absolutely a total failure on the track or off. At over 80k, this car is niether a good track car or a good street car. In a world where 80k gets you a Nissan GTR, Corvette Z06, or Porsche, the Lotus fails to compete with any of these cars performance-wise. Comfort-wise, the Lotus is like sitting in an economy class airline seat. The only good side is the engine, but that's from Toyota. The GTR, Porsche, and Corvette will completely destroy the Lotus on the race track which is one of the reasons I got rid of my Lotus. It's just an embarrassing car to own for over 80k.

Does not recommend this car!!

Our Take on the 2010 Lotus Evora

It's not easy to make a veteran auto writer weep with need. But the Evora does it, taking the modern Lotus design and making it elegant and a bit roomier. It's a slice of heaven that slides.

Every time I write about a high-performance sports car, I'm guaranteed to get letters from readers to this effect: "How can you possibly glorify the Badminton Dual-Cowl 87B? No one needs a car that goes 200 mph, costs $300,000 and gets five miles per gallon. With all that's going on in the world [climate change, war in the Middle East, balance of trade etc.]. For shame. For shame!"

All right, then. I present to you perhaps the most fun available on four wheels: The 2010 Lotus Evora. No, not fun. Joy. Inexpressible, diamond-showering... Read More