2000 Mazda 626

Amazing Vehicle for the Price

by from Chapel Hill, TN on March 21, 2010

This car is amazing for short. There is a little more road noise than expected. This is my first vehicle and I absolutely love it. I drive it to school, work, and home everday. I only have to fill it up about once a week. Overall, i would recommend this car to a first time driver.

Very good and cost-effective car!

by from Dallas on December 2, 2009

Very good and cost-effective car! Nice looking like Bentz, solid body, generally good performance, and better price than most similar cars!

So Far So Good...

by from California, CA on February 7, 2010

I can say this car is a good car to have it for transporting stuff like to places within one or two hours. However, this car doesn't seems to have the great big power when you do the "kick-down"...All it have is the sound but not the speed. Also the CD player is not that good because it comes from the manufacture and so the CD player cannot read MP3 files...so which i went to get a new player so it can read the disc. So if you are not a music person this car will suit you unless you want to pay more money for better quality things. Overall I will say this is a good car.

by from Burlington IA on February 5, 2009

I bought this car used and have problems in as little as 6 months after purchsing. I have put 2 transmissions in it and its still messed up not worth all the money I put into it.

buyer beware

by from boston on November 9, 2006

this cars engine has been causing me problems since i got it w/less than 30k. Take to your mechanic before purchase.

Do not recommend

by from Woodway, TX on October 21, 2009

Although it can be a good car, its appearance is nothing to write home about and the reliability factor is suspect. My 2000 model has stranded me twice in the 14 months that I have owned it, most recently for a broken transmission cable that is going to cost me upwards of $400.00 to repair. While searching the internet for descriptions of this problem, I encountered an alarming number of reported problems with the transmission on this model - none of the problems have been acknowledged by Mazda and none of the owners have been recompensed by the company or by dealerships. My transmission has yet to fail me, but I wouldn't take the risk. Buy another car - my next will be a Honda or a Toyota.

Good all aroung city car.

by from Wichita Ks. on November 21, 2009

The 626 4cyd. auto is a good all around car for it's class. Avg.22-24 mpg city, and 26-30 hwy. Had the car for 8 years, if buying one again would get extended warranty for any thing over 70,000 miles. Repairs can be expensive. These are basic transportation and should be veiwed as such. They can be unconfort- able on long trips. Power is good but at highspeeds iffy when passing. Makes good work or student car. Would buy another but only if the interior was up graded to better seats. The car should be maintained by dealer and have extended warranty, make sure when buying that all regular maintance has been done according to manufacture.

Reliable, Excellent Mileage, Durability.

by from Elmont, NY on June 19, 2007

Last one I owned I sold with over 240,000 miles. These cars will run forever with just regular oil changes. Styling is timeless and comes with a standard accessory package that beats all. They could have offered optional wood grain, but you can purchase separately.

very good car

by from Central Massachusetts on December 5, 2007

I bought this car new. I now have 120k miles. It has been very reliable and a very good value. This car has never stranded us. repairs are minimal and maintanence is reasonable. I recommend the v6 with the 5 speed transmission.

NEVER PUT ME DOWN... TAKEN MANY LONG TRIPS

by from SARASOTA on August 24, 2011

HAVE THIS CAR AND IVE TAKEN MANY TRIPS FROM FLORIDA TO OHIO AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. VERY RELIABLE AND RUNS PERFECT.

Our Expert Review: 2000 Mazda 626