2001 Mazda B2300 Consumer Reviews

3.8
Average based on 5 reviews

Good truck

by from Oneida, TN on October 22, 2006

I like my b3000. im sure the motor is not as indistrucible as a toyota. Although the 3.0 motor is underpowered, it is a good motor that can take whatever you can throw at it. The body is also very nice. People complain about gas mileage in them but if you change out the air filter to a k&n and put a after market highflow muffler, gas mileage wont be a problem. You would be hardpressed to find a truck as good as this for the price.

Unbelievable gas mileage!

by from Englewood, CO on November 27, 2007

The B2300 is a very reliable and steady performer. Lots of power in 4 cylinder 5 speed. Fantastic gas mileage. Got well over 30 mpg in city driving. Same truck as Ford Ranger at a better price!

Love my truck!!

by from Texas on June 21, 2006

I bought the truck new and have not had any problems with it. I replaced the tires and battery after 5years. It's fun to drive and great on gas!!

Super reliable

by from rosemead, Calif. on May 22, 2009

Bought my 2001 B-2300SE because of the low price. I didn't expect much. But man was I surprised! I've driven 185,000 miles in it so far and have never had one problem with this truck. It always starts and runs almost like new. Haven't had to replace the clutch or any other parts yet. Strangers compliment on how sharp my old red truck looks, they think it's almost new.It was painted with quality from the factory. Never had a vehicle as dependable as this truck. If it fell apart today It would still have been worth every cent I paid for it.

Disappointed

by from Springfield MA on June 19, 2014

I test drove this truck today and was very disapointed, especially after reading the reviews. Great looking, clean, comfortable, but lacked in power. When I floored it from a dead stop I could barely feel the excelleration. The handling was also poor. I had the turn the wheel so many times to make it turn I almost hit the curb.