2018 CX-3

2018 Mazda CX-3

2018 Mazda CX-3

Have You Driven the 2018 Mazda CX-3?

Great little crossover!

by mmja65 from Clermont, FL on Sun Nov 05 2017

You can not think of the CX-3 as a SUV. This is a crossover, small comfy, great ride and awesome performance for a 4 cyl. engine. Why you can't put it in the SUV category is the fact the rear storage area is small. seats in the rear do fold down for more space but that will limit you to 2 people in the car with a max of 3 if you only drop one of the rear seats. The only complaint so far from passengers is the rear seating is tight and can be hard to get in to and out of. I mostly drive by myself so this isn't a big issue for me. Mazda gives yo a lot for the price. Mine was 24K and has a sun roof Satellite radio, cruise control, heated from seats, power windows and locks, keyless entry, push to start, and a back up camera among other things. Coming from an older car that had practically none of this things I feel amazed! Take it for a test drive and check the storage to see if it's right for you.

Love how streamlined and comfortable this car is.

by CJOGO on Mon Nov 06 2017

This car meets my needs. Its big enough to cart things around yet not as large as an SUV. I really like that about it. The drive is ribbon smooth, it takes corners beautifully, the added safety features that come with the tech package are fantastic and I'm thinking I am going to like the gas milage! Its classy and beautifully stream lined and the interior is luxurious! Thank you Mazda!

Zoom-Zoom! So much fun to drive!

by dancingink from Sea Girt, NJ on Sun Jun 03 2018

Before purchasing, I test drove the Honda HR-V, Toyota Rav-4 and the Mazda CX-3. The Mazda was the most fun to drive. Front seats are very comfortable and the interior has a sporty, European feel . Sharp turns are easy and the car has great zip. Outside noise is minimal. I ended up with the Mazda because the HR-V was not as comfortable and the Rav-4 felt bulky and had no pep. Mazda has a cleaner burning engine, which is important to me, as well as great mpg; after my first 1000 miles, I'm averaging 32 mpg city/highway combined. The only small downside is that there is no center console armrest or real storage - only a small open square that can hold loose change and a pair of sunglasses.

Buy it without Reservation

by MarcieB from Longmont, CO on Wed Mar 14 2018

THE GOOD: I would highly recommend the purchase of this vehicle. The size is excellent; it feels roomy yet you don't feel like you are driving around in a tank. It can be zippy depending on what you are asking of it. The interior design is quite functional while the computer is intuitive to use. I bought the Touring version which includes blind spot monitoring and rear cross traffic alert. While I did not buy this model for those options, I would highly recommend upgrading to get them as they have impressed me. There is a "hidden" compartment which is between the spare tire and the "deck lid" (not sure how else to describe it) which is quite convenient. Have yet to drive it in the snow but have heard it does well. Not to mention it is just a good looking car! BAD: I gave it 4 stars on interior design due solely to the fact it only has a glove box and I like having another little cubby up front for things. As to value for the money, I gave it 4 stars simply because I think most cars in general are overpriced and it isn't particularly a reflection on Mazda. Last but not least I only gave it 4 stars on performance because it only comes in automatic and I am stick girl. I feel a car performs better if it is a manual.

Feature-centric sport utility

by bps001 from Beaverton, OR on Sat Jun 02 2018

The touring model is feature rich with a nice interior design. Two complaints are 1) no center console, thus private storage is limited to the glove box. 2) drivers head rest pushes head forward if you are 6"0" or taller. This forces you to lay the seat back to drive more comfortably. Entertainment system is good but requires some practice.

Excellent bang for the bucks!

by Rome2018 from Minneapolis, MN on Wed Mar 21 2018

I love my new 2018 Mazama cx 3. No problem in the snow in MN. Love all the special features. Seats are comfortable and stylish. Very reliable. Great value for the money.

Great Winter Commuter

by XSpence from Glenville, NY on Wed May 16 2018

The decision to purchase this car was based on a been of price, value, and drivetrain; specifically, AWD. It is easy to fall in love with the Mazdaconnect media center as the intuitive interface keeps my head and eyes in-line with the road. I currently have an infant car seat installed and it should be noted this car is too small to handle a car seat for passengers at or above average size. For those of us without car seats, you should note the AWD was unflappable in 4 heavy snows (+8"). It's low-ish ground clearance, compared to the Subaru Crosstek, could limit it's ability to stay on track in deep snow. It's overall comfort and ease of driving, though, makes it an easy choice over the Honda HR-V for Northeast commutes.

Love it so far!

by Loann from Ridgefield Park, NJ on Mon Dec 18 2017

Car drives beautifully, very smooth. I have already driven in snow and feel very comfortable. The interior of the car is very nice.

Really happy with my purchase

by Ed B from Bergenfield, NJ on Fri Aug 17 2018

This car is great to drive, great looking, comfortable, has an attractive interior, excellent fuel economy, outstanding ergonomics, a comprehensive entertainment system and meets all of my needs. Its only major shortcomings (limited back seat legroom and trunk space) are not important to me as this is my commuting vehicle; we have a 2006 Nissan Murano as the main family car. My car is the Grand Touring Spec, and it does so many things well. It's perfect for me in many ways; the only minor criticisms I have that prevent the car getting perfect marks all round are as follows: - Would have liked an electrically operated driver's sear, but at least that is available in the Premium package for those who'd find a lack of it a deal breaker. - The parking brake takes up too much space. I believe this has been fixed in the 2019 model by fitting an electronic parking brake - There is no front armrest, something that has also been addressed in the 2019 model - One touch operation for the front passenger electric window would have been nice - Road noise is quite intrusive on some few road surfaces (I'm thinking of a stretch of I-80 near Patterson, NJ) But, as I said, these are minor gripes.

great car

by retired life from st paul,mn on Mon Oct 23 2017

Just what I was looking for in a new car. Big enough and small enough! Looks good in and out. Heated seats wonderful luxury where I live!

1 2 3