2023 Mazda CX-50 consumer reviews

side view of 2023 CX-50 Mazda
Explore the 2023 Mazda CX-50
Shop the 2023 Mazda CX-50
3.3

Great looking but not worth the money

Beautifully looking from a distance but not worth its asking price. BMW X2 is cheaper, Lexus NX is slightly more expensive BUT both cars provide build quality several classes above the Mazda CX50. Terrible AC system that can't keep up with 80F weather! All outer panels do not line up and are loose. Weather sealing gaskets around all windows, stick out. Cheap and uneven paint dents easily and all doors make a super cheap hollow sound upon closing. Rear seat lifts up when grabbed with fingers. Interior does not have enough insulation which makes car interior super hot during summer. I have all windows tinted with 15% ceramic film and panoramic roof with 5% - that does not do absolutely anything for heat rejection. Front molding right above the grill literally moves up and down when pressed with fingers. Turbo mounted in the back - behind a motor, makes future service a headache and it makes engine bay super hot. Not sure if that car will last 10 years in that configuration. Really bad gas milage in a city driving due to transmission tuning - it does not let gears shift to low RPMs while "gliding" in a city. If you switching from Kia,Hunday, or Subaru - you might like what CX50 has to offer BUT if you look at Acura, Lexus, BMW build quality - CX50 is truly FAR behind! Go to a dealer and look for yourself. I will be trading mine soon....we have 2021 Lexus NX and most likely we will get another NX or GX460. CX50 while beautiful - disappoints in quality department big time! I think it would improve dramatically if built in Japan...

I love this car

I mean, this car is awesome. I have very few complaints except for the sound system. I have the preferred plus trim (mid trim non turbo). The engine is perfectly adequate. I drove it a few hours up i70 (windy roads with some steep incline) and it drove like a dream. Connected to the road. Way too easy to accidentally go too fast because the pedal is very responsive and the car has good pick up. I have enough room for all of my outdoor activity things now. Don't love the audio and that's about it. Luckily that is easily upgradable. Gas mileage has been okay. I love android auto and the user interface which might be an unpopular opinion, but I came from a very basic vehicle... so the upgrade has been phenomenal. Handles corners at high speed well. Smooth ride compared to my last car. Minimal cabin noise. I'm very happy with it!

Mazda CX-50

Excellent Car. Well put together at a plant shared with Toyota; responsive throttle, precise, heavy steering, practical interior layout with physical buttons and excellent tactile feel, quality materials and thick leather, beautiful, low, wide stance, it’s an amazing car to drive. incredibly practical, incredibly affordable, incredibly pleasant.

4.3

Solid vehicle with good handling & luxury for less

I have the white Mazda CX-50 turbo premium package with terracotta interior. It is a nice looking vehicle inside and out with many safety features to supplement the driving experience. The car is not perfect, but here is what I love about it. The turbo engine makes accelerating smooth, and before you know it, you are going 90, and it feels like 60. Passing on the highway is a breeze. It handles the curves like a champ. Even at high speeds, this little truck eats up the curves like a more expensive luxury vehicle. I haven’t taken it to the mountains yet, but I’ve taken it to Daytona Beach, where you can drive and park on the sand. The sand was unusually thick, so cars without AWD or 4 wheel drive we’re not able to enter the beach. My little Mazda truck was allowed to enter, but I was given a sand tow contact in case I got stuck. I put it in off road mode and gunned it. Not only did I not get stuck, but I was getting back and forth on the lumpy sand with no problem! I was the smallest truck on the beach next to pick up trucks and Jeep Wranglers! It was so much fun, and I was so proud of my little Mazda! I also love my ventilated seats on hot summer days and the panoramic roof. I had been dying for a Mazda with this option, and finally, the cx-50 answered the call. What I don’t like about the vehicle: You can feel the bumps more than I’m used to. This can make for a bumpy ride. The fuel efficiency is not as advertised. I average 18 in the city and 25 highway, 26 at most, which was disappointing considering the price of gas has skyrocketed. I wish the trunk space was bigger, but it helps that I can pull the rear seats down for extra cargo space. I wish the panoramic sunroof opened more than just halfway in the front, but I still prefer it to the tiny sunroof offered on the cx-5 I previously owned. I wish o could unlock all of the doors at once when I touch the front driver handle from the outside. Instead, I have to touch the handle and unlock the other doors from the inside. All in all, I am very pleased with my purchase. It is a solid ride with good handling that is fun to drive due to the turbo engine and offers luxury features for a fraction of the cost. I would not get this in the standard engine, as I made that mistake when I had the CX-5, and I could get hit by a car trying to accelerate; there is just not enough power in the standard in my opinion, but it it works for you, then go for it.

4.0

Nice addition to Mazda family

Top trim. Acceleration ok at best given engine size. Heavy vehicle. Excellent interior. Ok gas mileage. Outdated navigation and interactive system. Just connect your phone.